PDA

View Full Version : Argyle(4-0) @ Paris(3-1)

regaleagle
09-25-2017, 06:37 PM
Paris did beat a couple of 5A teams in predistrict, but dropped one to Pleasant Grove. I believe PG has a very good defense this season, and some offense to go with it. Regardless, I really don't see this scheduling to continue with Paris......they have never won a single game against Argyle in maybe 7 tries?? I doubt they will be able to pull the upset this week either. Sooner or later, a coaching staff decides to schedule somebody else in predistrict if their team hasn't beaten you at least once in so many years. This could be the last time we play this team in predistrict.....just guessing.

lostaussie
09-25-2017, 09:24 PM
Argyle.....big. Real big

d0tc0m
09-25-2017, 09:30 PM
Celina scrimmaged Paris earlier this year and 'won' the live portion, 2-0, if I remember correctly. Paris has some speed and some pretty dang good athletes, including their QB. He probably has enough to cause some problems for the Eagles on a couple plays, and he may even break a long TD run at some point. But Argyle wins this one by four or five scores. The Wildcats aren't a bad team by any means, but they're not ready for what they'll face on Friday night.

Saggy Aggie
09-25-2017, 09:30 PM
Argyle is looking like a full blown juggernaut. I dont expect anyone to stay within 21 until at least the quarterfinals

lostaussie
09-25-2017, 09:43 PM
Argyle is looking like a full blown juggernaut. I dont expect anyone to stay within 21 until at least the quarterfinals

They are the real deal this year. There are certainly some other contenders.......but Argyle/Carthage would be absolutely off the chain. Long way to go though.

regaleagle
09-26-2017, 12:45 PM
They are the real deal this year. There are certainly some other contenders.......but Argyle/Carthage would be absolutely off the chain. Long way to go though.

Not so fast there......I've been doing some homework. Turns out our predistrict opposition doesn't exactly have a stellar record so far. Argyle's opponents records so far this season are a dismal 4-11. At least Paris has 3 good wins so far. Lovejoy has not won a game yet.....neither has La Grange. Both Celina and Wylie are 2-2 at this juncture. If Argyle beats Paris this Friday......the record of its opponents should still improve slightly......depending on what the rest of them do this week also. I'm fairly certain Paris is a good football team......like Celina and Wylie were. I hear they have a pretty good qb that has some speed and moves. He'll probably break one to the house on the Eagles D......we'll see what happens. Apparently they have a good rb with speed also......they usually do. Might be a better game than most think. We'll see how the Eagles do against this speed on Defense.

regaleagle
09-26-2017, 01:00 PM
I kinda figure that Celina will win and so will Abilene Wylie. Not so sure about La Grange and Lovejoy. I'm thinking it could turn out to be about 9-15.....slightly over .500 for our predistrict opponents' records. In Argyle's district this season there are some decent teams. Gainesville is actually winning again, and I look for Sanger to compete for a playoff spot with a winning record. Wichita Falls Hirschi is probably the biggest surprise......they are very athletic and also winning. Decatur should be Argyle's biggest competition, but they lost their good qb to an injury last week......and we don't know if he will be back in 3 weeks when they play us. Burkburnett is probably the weakest team in our district this season. Here's the way I see it.......Argyle, Decatur, Hirschi, and Sanger or Gainesville for the 4th spot. Perhaps Hirschi could end up above Decatur if Hicks doesn't come back for Decatur.

Gsquared
09-26-2017, 01:11 PM
This one could get ugly quick. If that same Argyle team that I saw last Friday shows up, they are about as unstoppable as I have seen.....

Wayne
09-26-2017, 02:06 PM
I'm with you on this Gsquared. I've watched this Argyle team from both scrimmages and all four pre district games and they keep getting better and better. This team has not reached its max potential yet.

regaleagle
09-26-2017, 02:24 PM
They look mighty good so far......I think Celina was really better than most people are giving them credit for this season. Wylie had some injuries to key starters like their starting qb and fullback.....and some O-line guys.......so you gotta think they are better than they showed. Regardless, from what I'm seeing so far this Eagles team seems to be improving each week in just about every area. Not sure how good some of the top teams compare......like La Vega, Carthage, Van, and a few others statewide. Looks like Argyle is definitely the favorite in Region I this season.....unless I'm missing something.

d0tc0m
09-26-2017, 02:46 PM
They look mighty good so far......I think Celina was really better than most people are giving them credit for this season. Wylie had some injuries to key starters like their starting qb and fullback.....and some O-line guys.......so you gotta think they are better than they showed. Regardless, from what I'm seeing so far this Eagles team seems to be improving each week in just about every area. Not sure how good some of the top teams compare......like La Vega, Carthage, Van, and a few others statewide. Looks like Argyle is definitely the favorite in Region I this season.....unless I'm missing something.

From what I've seen so far, La Vega and Carthage would/will be a dogfight. And then, whoever wins that would have a dogfight the following week with Argyle for the title. As of right now, Argyle would beat Van by three TDs, and the Vandals are very good.

Celina8
09-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Not trying to spit in anyone's eye as I am a strong believer in Argyle , but I keep seeing Kennedale each week winning so that might be Argyle's first real test when they meet up.

cowboyandchrist
09-26-2017, 08:14 PM
If your wondering if there are other teams that can play with Argyle, I can name 3 in East Texas that can play with them. Carthage Dawgs, Kilgore Dogs, and Gilmer Buckeyes. I have not seen Pleasant Grove play, but I hear they have a Liberty Hill of old type team that runs the ball and a good defense.
I hope for an Argyle and Carthage match up. I have always been an Argyle fan unless they play a team from the East.
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

Wayne
09-26-2017, 08:23 PM
I can see Kennedale making a run. The only problem with the wildcats is they are one dementional. If they would throw the ball some they would be very dangerous. Always been a fan Of Kennedale unless we're playing them. We will see just how good they are when they meet WOS.

speedbump
09-26-2017, 09:18 PM
If your wondering if there are other teams that can play with Argyle, I can name 3 in East Texas that can play with them. Carthage Dawgs, Kilgore Dogs, and Gilmer Buckeyes. I have not seen Pleasant Grove play, but I hear they have a Liberty Hill of old type team that runs the ball and a good defense.
I hope for an Argyle and Carthage match up. I have always been an Argyle fan unless they play a team from the East.
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

Carthage ,probably. The rest probably not.

d0tc0m
09-27-2017, 08:15 AM
I can see Kennedale making a run. The only problem with the wildcats is they are one dementional. If they would throw the ball some they would be very dangerous. Always been a fan Of Kennedale unless we're playing them. We will see just how good they are when they meet WOS.

That will certainly be a good test for both WOS and Kennedale. The Wildcats are one-dimensional, but they are very, very good at that dimension. And, Celina rushed for over 400 yards on Argyle. And I would definitely say we were very one-dimensional in that game. No pass threat to speak of. So, yes, I think Kennedale could have some offensive success against the Eagles.

That said, Celina and Kennedale run much different offensive schemes. And whereas Celina didn't have much of a pass game established against Argyle yet, they still run schemes that force you to at least acknowledge the threat of a pass, and align in a way that you can defend the pass. Kennedale ... not so much. You can stack the box, and essentially play the old Celina 10-1 Special. Argyle has the right skill set to do that and do it very, very well.

And, I don't think Kennedale would have much success stopping Argyle's offensive attack. There's just way too many weapons spread out across the field.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 01:04 PM
Is is in the realm of football possibility that Paris could upset Argyle tonight at their place:vrycnfsd:??? Or maybe cause the Eagles some serious problems defensively? You just never know what you're walking into over there, hahaha.

d0tc0m
09-29-2017, 01:09 PM
Is is in the realm of football possibility that Paris could upset Argyle tonight at their place:vrycnfsd:??? Or maybe cause the Eagles some serious problems defensively? You just never know what you're walking into over there, hahaha.

Paris has some athletes, for sure. But, if Argyle's healthy and doesn't sustain any catastrophic injuries early in the game, then no ... it's not in the realm of football possibility for Paris to upset the Eagles tonight.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 01:18 PM
Paris has some athletes, for sure. But, if Argyle's healthy and doesn't sustain any catastrophic injuries early in the game, then no ... it's not in the realm of football possibility for Paris to upset the Eagles tonight.

Yeah.....I guess you're right, now that I think about it. Argyle has been successful for so many years in a row that I think the players having a "letdown" because they are too overconfident is not gonna happen......especially with that coaching staff they have. Besides, they are very deep this year, and there are plenty of guys on the bench that could start for other 4A teams......kind of a competition within the team going on there. You better be on top of your game at your position......know what I mean???

Wayne
09-29-2017, 04:12 PM
Good Luck Eagles! 🦅 Wish I could make this game tonight, but I will definitely be listening.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 06:33 PM
I'll be listening and doing the play by play as usual......just to have it down for everybody to read this weekend. Kind of a summary of how the game went.

Wayne
09-29-2017, 06:40 PM
Regal, I enjoy reading back through it every week. You sir do an awesome job.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:35 PM
Cale Nanny takes the kickoff back to the 25 where Argyle will start. One first down, Don Williams breaks off a big run down to the Paris Wildcat 35.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:37 PM
Now another 9 yds for Williams gets an Argyle first down on the 26. Paris sacks Copeland on that pass attempt.....2nd and 18 for the Eagles. Now Williams picks up 12 yds on that run......3rd and 6. Williams takes runs it to the 5 yd. line now.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:38 PM
Low snap to Copeland causes a loss and a sack back at the 14 yd line. 2nd and goal goes back to Williams for only a couple.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:40 PM
Inside handoff to Alex Gonzales does not work. Now a field goal attempt for Travis Garner is good from 30 yds.

Argyle 3
Paris 0

Paris played good defense in the red zone there.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:41 PM
Kickoff knuckles out of bounds as the flags fly. Paris will have it on their own 35.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:43 PM
Actually, Paris takes the 5 yd markoff and wants Argyle to kick it again. This time the kick goes thru the endzone for a touchback. Paris will start at the 25.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:43 PM
Donavan Williams gains 7 yds on first down for the senior runningback. 2nd and 3 for Paris.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:44 PM
Donavan Williams breaks it outside for no gain as Blake Michels gets him.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:45 PM
Williams is stopped one yard short on that one......4th and one for Paris on the 34. They will punt it to Hayden Clearman as he takes the fair catch on the Argyle 32.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Williams picks up 5 for Argyle on first down.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Copeland on a keeper to the 41 just short of a first down for the Eagles. Willaims gets the first down now, but a flag on the play. Offsetting penalties. Williams on the option play stops Williams at the sideline.....very close to the marker.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:50 PM
Paris playing excellent defense here......Argyle is about 3 inches short on 4th down here. The Eagles gives it Noah Lang this time and he is hit in the backfield on that counter play......the Paris defense has made a big play and held this Argyle offense. They have some big ol' boys for sure.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:51 PM
Now Mason Thrash throws Rashad Richardson in the wildcat for a loss. Now a zoom sweep for about 10 yds. for the Wildcats......they have some speed. 3rd and 6 now for Paris.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:51 PM
Paris calls a timeout.

3:47 1st qtr.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:55 PM
Zone read for qb Koby Savage but a block in the back makes it 3rd and 10 now for Paris. Handoff goes to Williams straight up the gut for 7 yds. but is short of the first down. Paris will go for it on 4th.....they are too far for a field goal. The pass goes incomplete. Argyle holds and the ball turns over to the Eagles.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:56 PM
Copeland goes deep to Cale Nanny, but Jordan Burch runs up his back to take the pass interference.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:57 PM
Copeland is pressured by Rashad Richardson and runs him out of the pocket. Now Richardson is back on Copeland again and drops him for a sack. 3rd and 18 for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:57 PM
Now a great catch by Gonzales down to the 37 for a first down.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 07:58 PM
2nd and 10 to McCollum is overthrown. Their right end Richardson is giving the Argyle line trouble, and Copeland.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:00 PM
Copeland overthrows Alex Gonzales on 4th down as the ball sails over his head.....he was open as Copeland rolled out that time. Wildcats take over at the 26 yd line.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:00 PM
Paris picks up 6 on that first down run. Now the clock expires for the 2nd quarter.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:01 PM
Paris has done their homework scouting Argyle and giving them trouble so far. Argyle is not sharp on offense, except for Don Williams.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:03 PM
Savage keeps it to the sideline and gets it to the 35....a yard short of the first down. Now Donavan Williams takes it for 3 yds and a Paris first down. A big offensive line for the Wildcats. Now another 5 yds by Williams on first down for the Wildcats.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:05 PM
McCarty picks up 5 yds on that zoom sweep after the 5 yd Paris penalty......3rd and 5 now for Paris. All of their backfield has lots of speed.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:06 PM
Clearman comes up and stops Savage on an open field tackle from the secondary for only a yard gain by Paris......a great tackle. Paris will punt now.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:07 PM
Argyle at the 21 now......Copeland picks up 4 yds. Richardson and Caleb Long sack Copeland back at the 21 yd line. 3rd and long now for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:08 PM
Copeland is pressured again and throws it too long to McCollum. Argyle will punt. Inside the 45 and downed at the 42 yd line. Great field position for Paris.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:09 PM
Donavan Williams picks up 7 yds on that carry. This is smash mouth football.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:10 PM
Savage hit in the backfield but falls forward for 2 yds. 3rd and one for Paris now.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:10 PM
Williams straight up the middle as he drags some Argyle tacklers all the way down to the 34 now.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:11 PM
Zoom sweep to McCarty gains two yds with his speed.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:11 PM
handoff to Williams as he picks up 9 and gets a Paris firstdown at the 19.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:12 PM
Paris likes to run this ball behind these big lineman with their speed in the backfield. Now Savage loses a yard.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:13 PM
Paris in no hurry here as the play clock runs down. Paris calls a timeout.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Paris is just running quick and hard behind a big Oline and finding yards against this Argyle defense so far. 2nd and 11 from the Argyle 24 yd line. Donavan Williams runs right and runs over an Eagle for a couple of yds. 3rd and 8 now for Williams. A flag now for 12 men in the huddle against Paris.....backs up to 3rd and 14 for Paris.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:16 PM
Paris running the wildcat here.....ball is on the ground.....Argyle says they have the football. But they will call it down. Faked the zoomed sweep and the play was called dead before the fumble.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:18 PM
Paris is grinding the clock and in no hurry offensively as they continue playing keep away from Argyle while burning the clock up. 4th down for Paris as Savage launches one deep in the endzone as he is pressured by Chase Petter. The ball goes over to Argyle with about 3 min. left in the half.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:19 PM
Argyle's Don Williams picks up 3 yds on first down. Now a pitch to Williams by Copeland, but a flag thrown against Argyle for holding.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:20 PM
Argyle has only completed one pass all night......2nd and 17 for Argyle. Copeland hits Nanny as he catches it , turns upfield and slips down short of the firstdown. Now a handoff to Williams for a firstdown.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:21 PM
Williams stopped on that run as Argyle calls a timeout with just a little over a minute left in the half. Paris has so much speed and alot of pressure on Copeland to prevent him from finding his open recievers.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:22 PM
Quick hitter to Hudgens as he steps out of bounds to stop the clock. Now Copeland has the linebacker in his face on that blitz and just throws it away. 4th and 2 goes to Williams and he is stopped right at the marker.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:23 PM
Now a flag thrown against Paris for a late hit on Copeland.....a big mistake by Paris.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:24 PM
Copeland to Nanny across the middle......he makes a good move and flies to the marker after breaking a tackle for a touchdown. The point is good.

Argyle 10
Paris 0

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:25 PM
A little chippiness going on out there now......Paris is playing very tough.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:25 PM
That late hit really hurt Paris for 15 yds there.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:26 PM
Kickoff taken from the 6 yd line and takes it back to the 20 as Walker Dickson makes the stop.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:27 PM
Paris starts at their own 11 yd line after a penalty. Savage keeps the ball, and runs over Chase Petter......the ball is fumbled. Paris recovers it.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:28 PM
A flag is thrown on that play.....a personal foul against Argyle.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:29 PM
First and 10 to Donavan Williams as Chase Petter stops him. Now another flag as Gage Campbell gets into it with a Paris lineman. Offsetting penalties.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:30 PM
Clock runs down before Paris gets the snap off.

Argyle 10
Paris 0

halftime

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:33 PM
When was the last time Argyle was held to a field goal in the first quarter??? Paris is a very physical and speedy ballclub.....they are in Copeland's face every down. I'm sure the Argyle coaching staff will do something at halftime to fix this problem. Apparently the Oline for the Eagles are having trouble with the Wildcats push.

On the other hand, Paris is grinding it out offensively with power football and speedy backs to keep the ball away from Argyle and keep this game close.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:36 PM
They have a super player in Rashad Richardson blowing past the Eagles to pressure Copeland on every down. They have sacked Copeland 3 or 4 times already and caused him to overthrow passes on quick throws or tuck it on other plays. The Wildcats have also blitzed on many occasions with the linebackers and got into the backfield untouched.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:38 PM
I'm sure Argyle will adjust their offensive playcalling to counteract these blitzes by Paris......apparently the Argyle players were not exactly together on how to handle this situation in the first half.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:40 PM
The size and speed of the Wildcats has caused some problems for both lines of the Eagles. Looks to me like Argyle will need to be more physical in the 2nd half.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:49 PM
I'm not there to see how and why the Argyle lines are getting beat, but I imagine is has something to do with the speed and size of the Wildcats on defense and their sheer size on the line on offense. They are able to tie up Argyle just long enough for the speedy backs to get yards. They have not broken any long ones yet, but have had some runs over 10 yds and been able to move the chains as they grind out drives to burn clock.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:52 PM
Don Williams for Argyle and Donavan Williams for Paris have both managed to accumulate good rushing yards in the first half.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:54 PM
The first half went by very quickly with Paris maintaining possessions and taking their time before each snap.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:57 PM
Argyle will be kicking off to the Wildcats to start the 2nd half. No stats available so far at this time.....the guy that normally does it is not there tonite.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:58 PM
It's been a long time since the Eagles have been held to 10 points in the first half.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 08:59 PM
Paris has been flying all over the field.....splitting out a couple of their best athletes wide to pressure Copeland with speed and bullrushes on just about every down.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:01 PM
Argyle will need to gain some composure and not get into the heated exchanges the Paris players are attempting. Kickoff to the 5 yd line as Walker Dickson makes a great form tackle at the 26.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:02 PM
Savage hands it off to Donavan Williams to their 33 yd line.....they continue to pound it on the ground behind their huge line. Now a firstdown by Williams at the 39.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:03 PM
Option right and the ball is on the ground as Savage is hit hard as he pitches it over Donavan Williams head. Argyle gets on the ball.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:04 PM
handoff to Don Williams for 7 yds on first down.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:04 PM
Williams picks up 5 yds at the 18 for a first down.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:05 PM
Presnap penalty now......flag down. Don Williams cuts off a great block by Hudgens and picks up 11 yds. 2nd and 5 now. Williams takes it down to the 8 now for a firstdown.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:07 PM
Now Williams again is tackled by Richardson crashing in. Copeland throws it to Gonzales down to the 3 yd line after that short loss by Williams. 3rd and goal now, and a false start on Argyle again.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:08 PM
3rd and goal from the 9 now.....goes to Williams as Richardson makes the stop at the LOS. Richardson is a one-man wrecking crew. Garner for a 25 yd field goal is good.

Argyle 13
Paris 0

Early in the 3rd.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:10 PM
Kickoff to Paris to the 4 yd line.....Henderson has some running to the 45 yd line before caught by Argyle. A flag down now.....unsportsmanlike during the play......offsetting.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:11 PM
Paris starts on their own 45 now......Savage in the pistol hands it off to Williams for 4 yds as Campbell gets him. Facemask call against Argyle moves the ball up 15 more yds.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:12 PM
Now Paris on the Argyle 36.....pass for 3 yds at the 33 now.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:12 PM
Pistol look again goes to Williams for a couple of yds. 3rd and 3 now for Paris.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:13 PM
At the 27 now.....Williams tackled by Thrash for no gain as he tried to stretch it out.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:14 PM
Savage throwing deep as he looks for Williams......Clearman covers on that wheel route.....incomplete with good coverage by Clearman.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:15 PM
Williams running hard but hit hard by Petter for 4 yds. 4th and 6 for Paris from the 23. Savage throws it out in the flat to Mccarty as Brendon Dixon gets him.....a great tackle.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:16 PM
Dixon is back playing his first game tonight after being out for awhile playing baseball. Argyle will take over the ball.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:17 PM
Now Rashad Richardson gets Copeland again and he almost fumbles it......flags down on the play. They call offsetting penalties again.....3rd and 15 from the 15 yd line on that dead ball foul.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:19 PM
Copeland rolling to his left and now he takes off.....and guess who gets him? Rishad Richardson the football and basketball star for Paris. Now Clearman rugby punts it past midfield all the way to the 37 yd line for Hayden Clearman......a 43 yd punt.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:19 PM
Paris at their own 38 as Savage slithers out of one tackle but cannot get away from other Argyle tacklers for only one yard.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:20 PM
2nd and 9 now.....Savage throws a screen to Williams and brought down at the 48 yd line for a first down on a great call and execution by the Wildcats.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:22 PM
Now Savage is pressured and leveled by Ramsey as he just throws it away. Now Savage is hit and fumbles.....Chase Petter scoops it up and scores from about 40 yds.....TD Argyle defense. What a play by Petter. Really just a bad handoff there. The point is good.

Argyle 20

Paris 0

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:24 PM
Kickoff is muffed by one of the big guys for Paris and he just falls on it. First and 10 from the 37 goes to Donavan Williams nowhere as Mason Thrash stops him cold.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:26 PM
Zoom sweep to Wesley Gage is hammered at the LOS by Jake Sullivan. End of the 3rd quarter now.

Argyle 20
Paris 0

End of the 3rd

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:27 PM
3rd and 4 for Paris as Savage goes deep but overthrows it. Now it's 4th down and Paris is forced to punt. Fair catch by Nanny at the 36 yd line.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:28 PM
Deep ball to Nanny as Wesley Gage grabs him for interference or holding on that pass.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:29 PM
Now at the Paris 49......screen pass to Noah Lang is tipped and falls incomplete.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:30 PM
Noah Lang takes the ball, cuts and now carries a pile to about the 18 yd line. Now a timeout Paris. They just could not get a good shot on him.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:31 PM
Copeland wanted to throw on first down to Lang, but he misses him in the flat behind him. 2nd and 10 now.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:33 PM
Lang runs right and hit at the LOS for no yardage. 3rd and 10 now. Copeland completes it for 9 yds to the 16 yd line. 4th and a yard as Lang is hit but breaks the tackle and lunges for the first down. In motion by Lang as he carries it to the 7 yd line.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:33 PM
handoff to Lang as he goes up the middle for 2 yds.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:35 PM
Lang runs right and uses his speed to score at the pylon.....touchdown Lang on that stutter step and then he outraced them to the pylon. The kick is good.

Argyle 27
Paris 0

8:53 left in the game

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:36 PM
Kickoff by Argyle is muffed again and gets only to the 15 yd line. Paris starts deep now.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:37 PM
On first down Savage rolls right and great pressure forces him to just throw it away.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:37 PM
2nd and 10 to James Neil with nowhere to go as he gets back to the LOS. 3rd and 10 for Paris now.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:39 PM
Gage Campbell sacks Savage as Thrash caused him to run right into Campbell. The punt goes off Nanny's hands but he gets on it. A block in the back by Argyle draws another flag.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:40 PM
Argyle has made the adjustments and has taken control of this game now. Don Williams back in there again as he picks up 16 yds and a first down.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:41 PM
Lots of adversity tonite for Argyle but they just kept grinding away and now they are playing well. Now a deep ball is thrown and almost intercepted by Henderson. Wes McCollum was double covered again.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:41 PM
Incomplete over the middle to Bryson Hudgens on that low throw.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:42 PM
Line drive punt is taken at the 25 and returns it 5 yds for Paris.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:43 PM
Wildcats will begin on offense again. Savage to Neil on the zoom sweep is tackled for no gain. Some new faces on defense now for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:45 PM
Scotty Dunham at linebacker now and makes that stop. Zoom sweep again, breaks a tackle, reverses field and is tackled by Walker Dickson. 3rd down now for Paris and 10 yds. Savage gets all the way out past midfield and a 23 yd run for a first down at the Argyle 47.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:47 PM
Savage on the keeper for another 12 yds......he's a junior qb for Paris. The Wildcats have won district the last two years and made the playoffs the last 5 yrs. Now Savage goes deep and completes it down to the 9 yd line against the 2nd team defense.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:48 PM
Now Savage picks up 5 on the keeper but is hit by Dunham at the 5 yd line. James Neil gets the handoff and scores as Paris gets on the scoreboard. The kick is good.

Argyle 27
Paris 7
4:27 left

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:50 PM
Kickoff by Paris is high all the way back to the 3 yd line to Nanny as he slides to the 15 yd line.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:51 PM
Handoff to Wyatt Allcorn for a couple of yards. Alex Gonzales in a qb. Palmer goes in motion, handoff to Allcorn goes nowhere. 3rd and about 7 now. Lots of new faces on offense now for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:52 PM
Handoff to Allcorn again for only a yard as Paris calls a timeout with 2:30 left. It will be 4th and 6 for Argyle deep in their own territory.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:54 PM
Punt formation for Argyle now......official timeout now. Eagles will punt it away. Alex Gonzales punts it to the 44 yd line. Paris gets the ball now.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Pressure on Savage as he is wrapped up and thrown down by the 2nd teamers. 2nd and a long way. James Neil all the way to the Argyle 48 now for 17 yds and Paris first down.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:57 PM
2nd and 10 now......Savage runs it down to the 30 yd line as Dunham gets him.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:58 PM
Savage is sacked by Walker Dickson, Wyatt Allcorn on that one.....Paris calls a timeout.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 09:59 PM
2nd and long ways......long deep pass into the endzone corner. Connor Kilgore knocks it down or it may have been caught for a td.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 10:00 PM
James Neil runs right for lots of yards and brought down my Kilgore. qb spikes the football now at the Argyle 18.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 10:01 PM
Wesley Gage throws it deep to the corner incomplete as it hits the back pylon.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 10:01 PM
Wesley under alot of pressure this time as Walker Dickson gets him for another sack.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 10:03 PM
Now Wesley Gage just runs it upfield and is brought down. The balls turns over to Argyle. Argyle will win this one and go 5-0 now. They will have a bye week next week. Paris defense played inspired football tonite. That's it as Argyle takes a knee.

Argyle 27
Paris 7

Final

regaleagle
09-30-2017, 01:57 AM
Pretty good scouting by Paris as they came out fired up and caused all kinds of pressure on the Argyle offense in a home game. They have a very good running game and played lights out most of the way. A few too many flags in this one, but the game was played fiercely and the hitting was hard. Paris never quit and left it all on the field. I'm certain they will be a much improved ballclub in district play now. Argyle hasn't had a game like this yet......maybe somewhat similar to the Celina game......but the speed mixed with the size seemed to give the Eagles yet another obstacle to deal with. The Argyle coaches will have plenty of time with an off week to give the Eagles some work in certain areas that need to be addressed. Overall, the defense did a good job.....the only points allowed were by the 2nd team defense. The offensive line had trouble all night trying to block so many rushers. Part of this problem was solved with playcalling, but I can imagine the coaching staff will put in some new plays for the very same situation when it occurs again.

regaleagle
09-30-2017, 02:24 AM
I look for this Paris team to improve thru this season as some of their skill players are only juniors. They have really athletic skill plays on both sides of the ball and some large lines. IMO.....they will make a deep run in the playoffs in Region II D-1. Their only loss was to a very good Texarkana Pleasant Grove team that is 5-0 after dismantling a pretty good Liberty Eylau team tonite by a large margin. PG is in Gilmer's district in Region II D-2......I think they now have everyone's attention. I see Paris as a very good team that has played a very competitive predistrict schedule......a team with some experience and some talented younger players. Their two losses this season to PG and Argyle are not to be taken lightly......they are definitely the favorite to win their district again this season.

regaleagle
09-30-2017, 02:32 AM
Paris gets a bye week this next week before going to Liberty Eylau to open district play on Oct. 13th. I originally thought that LE was the favorite to win this district, but now I'm favoring this Paris team.

regaleagle
10-02-2017, 04:12 AM
In a good way.....I'm glad that the Eagles played this Paris team and had some trouble with the Paris lines and speed. This is exactly what the coaching staff needed to see at this juncture to help the team become more complete. The offense sputtered against blitzes and a speedy set of linebackers and secondary. This brings into question the playcalling for so many long pass plays.....I'm not questioning the playcalling, but the coaching staff may. This game gives them all kinds of stuff to consider now. The Argyle coaching staff as a group is one of the very best in the state, for sure......they will choose the correct adjustments when needed.

regaleagle
10-02-2017, 04:26 AM
Argyle gets a much needed rest this week on their "off" week after playing only one home game so far in 5 straight weeks. Then they get two back to back home games against Decatur and then Gainesville to begin the 2nd half of the season in district play.

regaleagle
10-02-2017, 05:12 AM
Don Williams rushed for 144 yds on 23 carries against what I would call a very good defensive team in the Paris Wildcats. Now Williams has over 100 yds in every game this season.....even though he does share the workload with Noah Lang.

regaleagle
10-02-2017, 05:30 AM
Looks to me like this year's Argyle Eagles team has an excellent running game, a very prolific passing game, an excellent quarterback with an above average stable of running backs, top quality recievers....even on the bench.....and a young but improving offensive line that will get the job done. On defense, the Eagles are very quick with experience. They gang tackle, rush the pass very effectively, and have a very good set of linebackers and secondary. The line is slightly undersized, but very quick.....and are learning how to scheme and play together using their quickness. All in all......for only 5 games deep so far with this group of athletes......I'd say we could expect to see quite a bit more improvement as the season progresses. The athletes on the bench will see even more playing time with each game, and the special teams are beginning to mesh now.