PDA

View Full Version : 3A D1 Yoakum (3-1) @ Hallettsville (4-0)

Old Green
09-25-2017, 10:09 AM
District opener Between these two who are longtime rivals. Both have the players to make it to Jerry World.

d0tc0m
09-25-2017, 11:38 AM
Crazy that this game has to be the district opener. It'd be better suited as a Week 10 matchup, because the district likely comes down to these two teams.

Both are talented. Both have a legitimate shot at making it to Arlington. But, when in doubt, go with the Moore boys. I think they get it done and give Yoakum the early lead in the district race.

YTBulldogs
09-25-2017, 11:49 AM
Like them Dogs here. But, if not a win here, I'll take the "W" the next time they face off in playoffs. Tough opening two district games for Bulldogs, with Edna to follow next Friday in Ykm.

#1 HV real deal. Scoring eye opening 49 points in each of their first four games. Loaded, speed all over the field, well coached. Should be fun. All to date, has been geared for this one.

Gsquared
09-25-2017, 02:23 PM
Ill be at this one Friday. Cant wait!

44INAROW
09-25-2017, 03:42 PM
Going with the Dogs in this one... Good Luck Yoakum :cheerl:

regaleagle
09-25-2017, 05:29 PM
I happen to know a little bit about that Halletsville Coach and his son at qb......he was the one ousted from Goliad over very suspect reasons. We know he is a good football coach and his son is one heckuva qb. The program has been very good for years.......so I don't see any negatives here for Hallettsville. That being said.....Yoakum ain't no slouch neither with the team they have this year. Those Moore boys and the rest of the group are gonna be a tough out this week for Hallettsville, for sure. But I'm going with the home team this week......they have alot of reasons to win this very big game and the qb to lead them to that win. I don't particularly favor Hallettsville over Yoakum personally.......I'm just giving reasons to pick the winner. IMO, the Bulldogs will have to come out and score first, play tough defense, and not let Hallettsville get on top by two scores to midway thru the 4th to win this one. Good luck to the Bulldogs.......I'm rooting for you to win even though I'm picking Hallettsville.

Besides......I have a couple of nephews that played for the Bulldogs some years ago and some extended family that lives there. Tear Em Up Bulldogs!!! And AMEN!!

Old Green
09-25-2017, 08:40 PM
Ill be at this one Friday. Cant wait!:2thumbsup

YTBulldogs
09-26-2017, 12:05 PM
I kinda follow your reasoning regal. :)

HV very well coached, solid at all positions and yes---those Goliad transfers (QB and his WR brother) are studs. Then add Scooter at RB, it's gonna take all we got to hang with this #1 ranked team. I know Bo has had this one circled for a while, and geared all ND prep's for this day. I really see these two meeting up again in playoffs, like last year too.

Blue42
09-26-2017, 02:12 PM
Good luck to the Dogs

bluecat
09-28-2017, 09:41 AM
The difference in this game is the offense and defensive lines. In 2017 Yoakum may have the best lines in 3A and the game against Giddings showed it.
Yoakum by 10