PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs. Elgin

lex11
11-05-2002, 11:17 AM
Tell me what are youre thoughts on this one, I think it will be a great game both teams have speed.

2001GiddingsLB
11-05-2002, 11:51 AM
Yes both teams have speed but Elgin has team speed, and Giddings has 2 or 3 guys with speed. I predict Giddings in an upset anyway though 20-17. Come on Buffs, roll on into those playoffs.

hotstuff
11-05-2002, 11:54 AM
Elgin 27, Giddings 0

<small>[ November 05, 2002, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: hotstuff ]</small>

gochargers!!
11-05-2002, 12:08 PM
Give me the BUFFS. I like their chances against Elgin. The Nation should be fired up for the final home game of the year.

Somebody give me an update when they get a chance....HAVE THE JETS QUIT SCORING YET???

http://wtv-zone.com/kkc/na/anibufflo.gif

buffalo booster
11-05-2002, 12:32 PM
Sorry about your Chargers, my friend. They'll come back.

Elgin's defense has been impressive lately. I believe that they only gave up 13 to LG, and shut out everybody else in district. It will be a real test for the Buffalo offense to score.

But, score they will! The offense has (finally) started to click and looked good against LG and last week against Hutto.

It's gonna be great to be back at Buffalo Stadium on Friday night for only the fourth time this year. The Nation can help pull this one out with a little thunder in the stands.

Giddings 21-14 over the mildcats.

gochargers!!
11-05-2002, 12:57 PM
Appreciate the condolences, Booster. Glad to hear that people are fired up in the Land of the Buffalo. Can't wait for this one.

Padre B. ...don't forget that it is young Moore's birthday, and that old Moore's is manana.

http://wtv-zone.com/kkc/na/anibufflo.gif

hotstuff
11-05-2002, 01:20 PM
Giddings didn't score on Caldwell. Hello!

lex11
11-05-2002, 07:26 PM
I still think this game will be a good one exspecially with the rain clearing out. and Elgin is very strong on defense the buffalo line will half to bring every think they accomplished in offseason with them, but also Elgin has alot of turnovers on "O" so the game will be pretty even it just comes down to who wants it the most and who can get it done.good luck too both teams!

buffalo booster
11-06-2002, 04:14 PM
If it comes down to who wants it more, Giddings should have an edge. Both teams have already qualified for the playoffs - Elgin as D1 and Giddings as D2. But, Giddings hasn't had any "quality wins" so far this year and they need this one to give them some confidence going into the first round.

After struggling through five straight losses at the start of the season, including the last-second loss to Yoe and the above-mentioned loss to Caldwell, the offense is starting to produce. They've scored at least 3 TDs in each of the last four games. Bobby, Johnathan, and Matt all looked good running the ball last week.

Plus, Johnathan's TD pass on the halfback option against LG adds another dimension to the offense. If the Buffs can get out of their conservative sweep left, sweep right, then pass on 3rd down offense, they should be able to score against Elgin's tuff D. If so, it ought to be an interesting game.

hotstuff
11-06-2002, 04:31 PM
One thing in Giddings' favor is that playoff teams will take a 3-7 record lightly.

buffalo booster
11-06-2002, 05:49 PM
Peace be with you, hotstuff. Don't yet understand why you find it necessary to dis Giddings at every opportunity. Has the Herd offended you in some way?

You have blasted Buffalo supporters for acting like we were 8-0. Never understood that comment, either.

One of the best things about Giddings is that its students, former students, former coaches, members of the community, etc. still feel Buffalo Pride, even in the midst of a 3-6 season. We try to support our kids in all aspects. I'm proud of this year's football team. (I'm likewise proud of the girls cross country team, who won district and qualified for the state meet for the first time in school history.)

If you've got a bone to pick with Giddings, let's hear it. If not, lighten up my friend, and allow us to communicate with each other and support our kids without interjecting your negative comments at every opportunity.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
11-06-2002, 10:28 PM
Giddings 24 Elgin 17.
Go buffs Go.

Texas_Flash
11-07-2002, 04:00 PM
Yea, it going to be a great game! The wildcats have really been working hard for Giddings, in fact the wildcats see them as a bigger rivalry the manor. And i think they've finally came together as a team no more mistakes. Plus the wildcats backfield are very dangerous with a number of threats. the defense has hade great games all season they'll keep the halfback tosses contained. These guys have to much speed on defense. and personally i dont think giddings has the offense they had last year to drive down the field on the wildcats. :p

Texas_Flash
11-07-2002, 04:04 PM
Yea, it going to be a great game! The wildcats have really been working hard for Giddings, in fact the wildcats see them as a bigger rivalry the manor. And i think they've finally came together as a team no more mistakes. Plus the wildcats backfield are very dangerous with a number of threats. the defense has hade great games all season they'll keep the halfback tosses contained. These guys have to much speed on defense. and personally i dont think giddings has the offense they had last year to drive down the field on the wildcats. :p

gobraves
11-08-2002, 02:04 PM
Booster, thank you for your comments regarding notso HOTSTUFF...they are very well put.
I am planning on making the game tonight and look forward to the RUMBLE IN THE NATION early on. Hotstuff....i guess you have not seen our record lately, it is 3-6 today and 4-6 tommorrow. IF people want to take us lightly because of a difficult non-district schedule then so be it. That will be their problem, but in the mean time HOTSTUFF take your smack somewhere else.
RUMBLE NATION!
GO HERD!
GO BUFFS!
gobraves!

PS: gochargers you going to the game tonight? If not let me know and I will keep you posted!

Texas_Flash
11-08-2002, 04:09 PM
Elgin will not take Giddings lightly they no that they have to take care of business. so tommorrow 3-7, but Good luck any way. I always like to see teams being compete for pride.