PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Yoe (1-1) Vs. China Spring (1-1)

Yoe_09
09-11-2017, 10:35 PM
Alright, thoughts here? Both teams are coming off of surprising losses. More so with China Spring as they absolutely dominated that game a year ago. Cameron actually has a losing record against Gasteville all-time. One of the few.

In general, Cameron played about as bad as you could have expected last week. Offense was lethargic from the get-go, receivers were left uncovered, 3 turnovers (2 deep in your own territory), players just not knowing plays, and tons of penalties. I actually did not feel that bad about the loss as pretty much everything was self-inflicted and can be corrected.

Anyone got anything for the Cougars?

Rocket Man
09-12-2017, 12:39 AM
Alright, thoughts here? Both teams are coming off of surprising losses. More so with China Spring as they absolutely dominated that game a year ago. Cameron actually has a losing record against Gasteville all-time. One of the few.

In general, Cameron played about as bad as you could have expected last week. Offense was lethargic from the get-go, receivers were left uncovered, 3 turnovers (2 deep in your own territory), players just not knowing plays, and tons of penalties. I actually did not feel that bad about the loss as pretty much everything was self-inflicted and can be corrected.

My 2 cents; Chinese Cats win convincingly.

d0tc0m
09-12-2017, 08:01 AM

That loss probably serves as a bit of a wake up call for the Yoemen. I suspect Cameron comes out with a little more fire this week, plays disciplined, locked-in, focused and motivated. But ... I don't think it will be enough. China Spring gets back on top this week, and Cameron falls to 1-2 on the year. The Yoemen will still be around come December, though.

Bosqueville
09-12-2017, 08:13 AM
I've seen China Spring play twice and the team I saw last Friday against Huntsville was not the same team I saw play Lorena. It's sounds like we played the same way Cameron did- no passion, no excitement, no leadership. I will say this about China Spring. They do not have that one or two players that can go the distance on any given play. They seem to lack senior leadership and the QB just looked lost last Friday. I bet we had 5 or 6 three and outs. Huntsville turned it over twice inside their own 30 and CS could get no points. I have serious doubts about this years team. We will be seriously challenged in District by Liberty Hill and Gatesville.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but a realist. If the coach's have lit a fire than maybe CS can pull out the win.

Rabid Cougar
09-12-2017, 08:51 PM
. Cameron actually has a losing record against Gasteville all-time. One of the few.

China Spring :wave: 4-1

Rabid Cougar
09-12-2017, 08:53 PM

I have nothing.

Yoe_09
09-14-2017, 10:44 PM
Sub-Varsity Update

7th
Cameron Yoe 6
China Sprig 0

8th
China Spring 30
Cameron Yoe 0

Fresh
Cameron Yoe 24
China Spring 6

JV
Cameron Yoe 35
China Spring 8

Yoe fresh & JV both improve to 3-0. Hearing the 7th grade has a good RB but did not play tonight due to concussion. Should be back in the mix next week.

Yoe_09
09-14-2017, 10:50 PM
As far as the varsity game goes tomorrow night, wins are great, but I want to see a competitive game. Last year was a total walkover. I think we will get a good one tomorrow night.

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2017, 09:56 AM
CS by 5 per preps

Bosqueville
09-16-2017, 08:36 AM
China Spring wins but good grief our offense is ugly. Neither of these teams deserved their high pre season ranking.

Yoe_09
09-16-2017, 10:30 AM
A lot closer game than last year, but ugly. Both defenses are solid, but watching each of these offenses was pretty brutal.

For Cameron, there were just WAY too may mistakes in the passing game. Forced throws (INTs) and dropped passes all over the field. This is supposed to be considered a strength of this team, but has not been there the past two weeks.

China Spring is not what they were a year ago. They are asking James to simply take on too much of the load. I know he is not ideally who you would like at RB.

Plenty of work to go for both of these teams. Luckily for Cameron, 10-3A does not look good right now. However, 13-4A is looking pretty good with La Vega, Liberty Hill and Gatesville.