PDA

View Full Version : Odem 21,Mathis 13.........

sinfan75
11-09-2001, 11:46 PM
nm

SintonFan
11-10-2001, 04:38 AM
Are you sure that's right? The owls beating Mathis? I wonder what does this do to the playoff picture? Owls now 1st D2 seed and play Yoakum? sinfan75, what's your take on the Sinton/Gonzales game?

[This message has been edited by SintonFan (edited November 10, 2001).]

sinfan75
11-10-2001, 10:08 AM
Actually the score was 21-12.And not only did Odem win,they won IN Mathis!I was shocked as I believe every one was.As far as Sinton vs. Gonzales some say they are about as good as Beeville.So it should be a physical ballgame.But I think Sinton will win because of the way their defense is playin.They're just too big,too fast too physical.Awesome group to watch.

San Antonio HS FB Fan
11-10-2001, 01:48 PM
I still find it hard to believe that Gonzales would be anywhere near the caliber of Beeville. Sinton should not take them lightly, but Gonzales got pounded by LaGrange early in the season. I think Beeville, although not ranked very high, is a premier region IV team. I also think they could possibly beat Calallen if the two teams meet up.

sinfan75
11-10-2001, 01:54 PM
I've never seen em play-just goin by what i've read in the forums.But I do agree that Beeville could give Calallen a run for their money.

SintonFan
11-10-2001, 10:22 PM
I agree(about Sinton's strengths), when Sinton played Mathis that opened up my eyes to how good Sinton was this year(had to skip school that day to see it). About Beeville, if they played Cal they might hang with them a little while but the CalCats would wear them down(everyone Cal played in non-district was undefeated at the time). Odem sure is a scrappy team, to get that win in Mathis took alot of heart. I apologize to Odem for underestimating them.
Go PIRATES!!! Go 30-3A football!!!