PDA

View Full Version : Week 3- Port Lavaca Calhoun (1-0) at El Campo (0-1)

Scoop27
09-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Sandcrabs coming off a big win over Stafford and Ricebirds coming off a 31-0 loss to Angleton.

GetRDoneStangs
09-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Everyone on here knows me as a Sweetwater Mustang....but I was born and raised in Port Lavaca. We didn't win too many games back in those days, in fact I don't think we won a game in the 3 years (Freshmen attended separate school campus back then). It has been nice to see some success over the past several years under Coach Whitaker.

I think most folks know it is a "County" high school and the kids from Port O'Conner and Seadrift play separate schedules through jr. high and then join up at CHS their freshman year.

Don't know much about either program or what is expected this year...but, gotta go with my Alma Mater!

Scoop27
09-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Webcast
www.kulpradio.com

speedbump
09-10-2017, 03:55 PM
Hard not to go with the Ricebirds considering the fact that they have won the last 25 and hold a 36-3-1 advantage in the series. Both teams are trying to reload after heavy losses to graduation. This could be the Sandcrabs best shot at a win in years but I'll take the Birds 21 -6

Scoop27
09-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Stafford must be really down this year for them not to play the Crabs close-I know the Spartans have a new coach they must have lost a lot of players to graduation. Think the Crabs and Birds will have a low scoring game

speedbump
09-10-2017, 09:08 PM
Stafford must be really down this year for them not to play the Crabs close-I know the Spartans have a new coach they must have lost a lot of players to graduation. Think the Crabs and Birds will have a low scoring game

Stafford sent 10 players to the next level (3 to D1) Jalen Curry transferred to St Pius and had 11 catches against Sealy Friday night. They may have been missing players due to the storm too. Even with all of that the game was up for grabs at 12 -7 until the Crabs scored in the fourth.

Scoop27
09-13-2017, 03:21 PM
Should be a close game with Birds finding a way to win