PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood @ Liberty Hill

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2017, 08:39 AM
Who ya rootin' for?

This will be a true test for the Panthers. Or were the Loins just talking a big game prior to last night? ;)

slingshot
09-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Pulling for 'Wood but after last night I suspect 'Hill wins this one...

BwdLion73
09-09-2017, 09:02 AM
Based on last night I would say your only chance at a win would be if you can run the ball........oops...never mind.

;)

hollywood
09-09-2017, 09:53 AM
LH's scouts last night be like... it's going to be a fun week boys! This could be another track meet. Run the ball at will. If the Lions can get some good work in this week on key fundamentals in assignment and tackling, the Wood takes it be 2 TD's. Should be another good one.

bearbear78
09-09-2017, 10:45 AM
2 is far from an average running back. The kid is a freak of nature power house but also had tremendous speed. With that being said I'm not considering Brownwoods run defense weak by any means. They caught our secondary sleeping several times. I think Brownwood will recover and win next week by 14

LHPfactory
09-09-2017, 10:53 AM
LH's scouts last night be like... it's going to be a fun week boys! This could be another track meet. Run the ball at will. If the Lions can get some good work in this week on key fundamentals in assignment and tackling, the Wood takes it be 2 TD's. Should be another good one.

ummmm OK..... :1popcorn:

LHPfactory
09-09-2017, 10:54 AM
2 is far from an average running back. The kid is a freak of nature power house but also had tremendous speed. With that being said I'm not considering Brownwoods run defense weak by any means. They caught our secondary sleeping several times. I think Brownwood will recover and win next week by 14

and ummmm OK again.....:1popcorn:

bearbear78
09-09-2017, 11:11 AM
Someone picking Brownwood to win baffles you and makes you get popcorn...you need some excitement in your life.

LHPfactory
09-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Someone picking Brownwood to win baffles you and makes you get popcorn...you need some excitement in your life.

Someone questioning your prediction causes you emotional trauma and to hurl insults.... You just brought me some excitement cupcake.

bearbear78
09-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Someone questioning your prediction causes you emotional trauma and to hurl insults.... You just brought me some excitement cupcake.
Hahaha, you found that insulting but I'm the cupcake? I'd take the time to explain what trauma is to you but I don't think it would register.

bearbear78
09-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Oh and it was a "hurled" insult at that! You must be offended by statues!

toddg
09-09-2017, 01:56 PM
All I know is..LH was way ahead in efficiency, running their offense last month during our scrimmage with them, than they were the last 2 years we scrimmaged..way ahead. Anyone predicting a 14 point Brownwood win is reaching.. real far.

Bosqueville
09-09-2017, 02:07 PM
Who ya rootin' for?

This will be a true test for the Panthers. Or were the Loins just talking a big game prior to last night? ;)

Are you dyslexic or are you just being mean by the word Loins?

LHPfactory
09-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Hahaha, you found that insulting but I'm the cupcake? I'd take the time to explain what trauma is to you but I don't think it would register.

No CareBear, im not offended by staues and with what I do im very aquainted with trauma. Im sorry I hurt you, I will be more sensitive to delicate types like yourself in the future. The TDL is now declared a safe space especially for you.

PS, LH by 25

bearbear78
09-10-2017, 08:20 AM
No CareBear, im not offended by staues and with what I do im very aquainted with trauma. Im sorry I hurt you, I will be more sensitive to delicate types like yourself in the future. The TDL is now declared a safe space especially for you.

PS, LH by 25

You're such a quick thinker! I'm impressed..im pretty sure it's obvious with you taking " you need some excitement in your life " as hurling an insult makes it clear who's sensitive and I don't need to prove that by arguing with you because you already have.

P.S. bwood wins

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Are you dyslexic or are you just being mean by the word Loins?

I was remembering a picture ccmom shared from a few years ago. The Brownwood flag carriers mixed up the i & o when they were running and it spelled Loins.

BwdLion73
09-10-2017, 12:54 PM
I was remembering a picture ccmom shared from a few years ago. The Brownwood flag carriers mixed up the i & o when they were running and it spelled Loins.

I got to admit that was funny, although I think Garcia77 photo shopped that.....:thinking:

Bosqueville
09-10-2017, 02:30 PM

I have an aunt that has never lived this down. Back in the 70's, they were on their way to a Bwd playoff game and she pulls up with the back window that says "Love ya Loins"!

ccmom
09-10-2017, 08:06 PM
I got to admit that was funny, although I think Garcia77 photo shopped that.....:thinking:

He's a great photoshopper but I can assure you that pic was 100% authentic. It actually happened twice that night. I'll never forget it!!!

BwdLion73
09-11-2017, 08:27 AM
He's a great photoshopper but I can assure you that pic was 100% authentic. It actually happened twice that night. I'll never forget it!!!

.......:blush:......

regaleagle
09-11-2017, 08:28 AM
After that shootout with Graham last week, I just hafta think both teams and coaching staffs learned a great deal about their teams. Sounded to me like both offenses will have no trouble scoring.....but that Brownwood may be better against the run than the pass defensively, Huh? Liberty Hill is a running team.....they pound the ball at you all night. Has LH changed their offensive scheme this year??? If not, I'm leaning toward Brownwood in a close one this week. But the game is a home game for Liberty Hill......that's a big factor in the Panthers favor. And the Liberty Hill posters here seem sort of "Giddy" about this year's team.

slingshot
09-11-2017, 10:51 AM

I was there--assure you it happened....

toddg
09-11-2017, 12:06 PM
After that shootout with Graham last week, I just hafta think both teams and coaching staffs learned a great deal about their teams. Sounded to me like both offenses will have no trouble scoring.....but that Brownwood may be better against the run than the pass defensively, Huh? Liberty Hill is a running team.....they pound the ball at you all night. Has LH changed their offensive scheme this year??? If not, I'm leaning toward Brownwood in a close one this week. But the game is a home game for Liberty Hill......that's a big factor in the Panthers favor. And the Liberty Hill posters here seem sort of "Giddy" about this year's team. their FB is the nasty, in the nasty slot!

BwdLion73
09-11-2017, 12:44 PM
I was there--assure you it happened....

I hop wee play betor than we spel.
:kiss:

BEAST
09-11-2017, 04:03 PM
I think Brownwood probably needed that Graham game. I look for us to bounce back this week against a good LH team. Gonna be another fun one.

BEAST

ccmom
09-11-2017, 04:28 PM
After that shootout with Graham last week, I just hafta think both teams and coaching staffs learned a great deal about their teams. Sounded to me like both offenses will have no trouble scoring.....but that Brownwood may be better against the run than the pass defensively, Huh? Liberty Hill is a running team.....they pound the ball at you all night. Has LH changed their offensive scheme this year??? If not, I'm leaning toward Brownwood in a close one this week. But the game is a home game for Liberty Hill......that's a big factor in the Panthers favor. And the Liberty Hill posters here seem sort of "Giddy" about this year's team.

I think it's too early to tell about either team, or any team for that matter. I fully expect Brownwood to be a tough opponent.

However, I'm curious about your statement that Brownwood "may be better against the run than the pass". Didn't they allow over 300 yards on the ground to Graham? :confused:

Anyway, I think this will be a great game.

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2017, 06:28 PM
My giddiness has to do with the sidelines personnel. ;) I love watching our team, even in years we didn't fare too well. But there's something special about having a family member on the field, playing or not.

regaleagle
09-11-2017, 09:29 PM
I think it's too early to tell about either team, or any team for that matter. I fully expect Brownwood to be a tough opponent.

However, I'm curious about your statement that Brownwood "may be better against the run than the pass". Didn't they allow over 300 yards on the ground to Graham? :confused:

Anyway, I think this will be a great game.

Easy.......they gave up 365 yds passing to a host of receivers, but 313 yds to one running back.....Chase Gilmore. He had over 100% of the yards rushing.....there was negative yardage that ended up totalling less than 313 rushing. I kinda figured he must have reeled off some long ones. His longest one went for 84 yds. I also figured that Brownwood was keying on the passing game too much, and that gave Gilmore more openings. With Graham's qb......the natural tendency for the scouting report is to play pass defense. So this is the reasoning I used when I made that statement.....just to let you know. With LH, there won't be a passing game to focus on......so we will find out for sure about Brownwood's run defense when there isn't a big threat to throw the ball by a very good throwing qb.

LHPfactory
09-11-2017, 10:31 PM
My giddiness has to do with the sidelines personnel. ;) I love watching our team, even in years we didn't fare too well. But there's something special about having a family member on the field, playing or not.

I have one on the field playing along side dozens that I coached as far back as Kindergarten , who are now being coached by LHPMs Son, who several of the boys playing really looked up to, and the return of an awesome head coach at the perfect time......Hell yeah im a little giddy.

panfan
09-12-2017, 10:45 AM
While running the chains last week against La Vernia, I made a few mental notes. LH is not particularly big, but they seem to have more speed than in years past. Execution of the offense was very good for this early in the season. O line had a good push most of the time. Backs were quick and when they got in the open had enough speed to take it to the house. La Vernia outsized LH on both sides of the ball. Defense showed some good things, lots of gang tackling and high level of pursuit. Noted that the pass rush was OK with the three man front, but the linebacker stunts were very effective. We threw more than i thought we would and it was effective. Stacking the box as in the past may be a big mistake. Kicking game was spot on with good punts, long deep kickoffs, and accurate extra points. It will be exciting to see how we stack up against a typically very good Brownwood team.

ccmom
09-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Easy.......they gave up 365 yds passing to a host of receivers, but 313 yds to one running back.....Chase Gilmore. He had over 100% of the yards rushing.....there was negative yardage that ended up totalling less than 313 rushing. I kinda figured he must have reeled off some long ones. His longest one went for 84 yds. I also figured that Brownwood was keying on the passing game too much, and that gave Gilmore more openings. With Graham's qb......the natural tendency for the scouting report is to play pass defense. So this is the reasoning I used when I made that statement.....just to let you know. With LH, there won't be a passing game to focus on......so we will find out for sure about Brownwood's run defense when there isn't a big threat to throw the ball by a very good throwing qb.

LOL....thanks.

BEAST
09-14-2017, 09:38 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow. Gonna be a clash of 2 different types of football completely. The Wood is gonna roll!!!

BEAST

LH Panther Mom
09-14-2017, 09:51 PM
Meet & greet at half, anyone?

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2017, 09:57 AM
LH by 5 per preps

toddg
09-15-2017, 11:02 AM
LH by 5 per preps
That's about right

BEAST
09-15-2017, 07:38 PM
Wood 7
LH 0

11:01 left in the 1st

BEAST
09-15-2017, 07:40 PM
Wood 7
LH 7

10:21 left in the 1st

BEAST
09-15-2017, 07:58 PM
Wood 14
LH 7

1:23 left in 1st

BEAST
09-15-2017, 08:01 PM
Wood 14
LH 14

:36 left in the 1st

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2017, 08:02 PM
14-14

BEAST
09-15-2017, 08:15 PM
Wood 14
LH 21

8:17 left in the 2nd

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2017, 08:17 PM
21-14 lh 8:17

BEAST
09-15-2017, 08:21 PM
Wood 14
LH 28

6:37 left in the 2nd.

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2017, 08:22 PM
Liberty Hill gets 2nd 4th down stop! And takes it in for TD! 28-14 LH

BEAST
09-15-2017, 08:27 PM
Wood 20
LH 28

4:54 left in the 2nd.

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2017, 08:36 PM
35-20

LHPfactory
09-15-2017, 08:38 PM
Meet n greet ?

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2017, 08:40 PM
Meet n greet ?

I'll be there in a aec

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2017, 09:10 PM
Halftime 42-28 LH

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2017, 10:02 PM
56-42, LH, with 6:15 left

solocam
09-15-2017, 10:51 PM
70 49 final

LHPfactory
09-15-2017, 11:37 PM
Ok, I was wrong. I picked LH by 25 and it was only 21.
Great group of young men on this team plus Coach Walker equals what we are seeing.

LH needs work on D, but That Brownwood Offense is dang good.
Bwood, dont be to hard on your kids on Defense, they played their hearts out, but were trying to stop a Machine.
I heard LH had 726 yards on Offense...

LHAG
09-16-2017, 12:36 AM
Ok, I was wrong. I picked LH by 25 and it was only 21.
Great group of young men on this team plus Coach Walker equals what we are seeing.

LH needs work on D, but That Brownwood Offense is dang good.
Bwood, dont be to hard on your kids on Defense, they played their hearts out, but were trying to stop a Machine.
I heard LH had 726 yards on Offense...

That was a track meet! No defense was expended in the course of this game!!

BEAST
09-16-2017, 12:41 AM
Embarrassing really. Hats off to LH. Y'all do what y'all do and do it well. If we can get our D fixed to go along with our O we will be very tough team to beat.

BEAST

LHPfactory
09-16-2017, 01:31 AM
Embarrassing really. Hats off to LH. Y'all do what y'all do and do it well. If we can get our D fixed to go along with our O we will be very tough team to beat.

BEAST

Officially, LH had 780 total Offense with 734 of that Rushing...
Outstanding and its only game 2, Return of the Purple Blur is upon us. Welcome back Jeff Walker!!!

hollywood
09-16-2017, 07:35 AM
This game was out of control defensively. BW's defense gave up a total of 780 yards. How many yards did LH's defense give up?

LHAG
09-16-2017, 08:04 AM
All I know is..LH was way ahead in efficiency, running their offense last month during our scrimmage with them, than they were the last 2 years we scrimmaged..way ahead. Anyone predicting a 14 point Brownwood win is reaching.. real far.

Good obversation, Grasshopper.

LHAG
09-16-2017, 08:08 AM

BEAST

No disagreement there. If BWood gets their defense fixed, I wouldn't want to meet them in the playoffs.

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2017, 08:13 AM
This game was out of control defensively. BW's defense gave up a total of 780 yards. How many yards did LH's defense give up?

699 according to the Austin American Statesman. :eek:

Razorback88
09-16-2017, 08:25 AM
Not gonna win many games giving up 700 yards.

panfan
09-16-2017, 08:39 AM
Why on earth was the ball not in #21s hands most of the night? We couldn't stop him. I'm glad it wasn't, but geez, the kid is a stud.