PDA

View Full Version : Lubbock Monterey @ Wylie

slingshot
09-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Monterey handed the Bulldogs their only regular season loss last year. They were big, fast and very athletic last year. Suspect the same this year. Wylie dominated an overmatched Vernon team last weak while Monterey had victory in hand against 6A Odessa High until a fluke special teams gaff cost them the game late.
Wylie will have to play lights out defense and not make mistakes on offense like they did last year against a very good 5A Division I team to have a shot. The next 3 games (5A Monterey, @ 5A Denison and @ Argyle) will forge us into a very good team or beat us down... hoping for the former. Just hope we can stay healthy against this very tough stretch. Either way, after these games nothing we will see the rest of the season will intimidate us.
24-21 'Dogs.

hollywood
09-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Monterey handed the Bulldogs their only regular season loss last year. They were big, fast and very athletic last year. Suspect the same this year. Wylie dominated an overmatched Vernon team last weak while Monterey had victory in hand against 6A Odessa High until a fluke special teams gaff cost them the game late.
Wylie will have to play lights out defense and not make mistakes on offense like they did last year against a very good 5A Division I team to have a shot. The next 3 games (5A Monterey, @ 5A Denison and @ Argyle) will forge us into a very good team or beat us down... hoping for the former. Just hope we can stay healthy against this very tough stretch. Either way, after these games nothing we will see the rest of the season will intimidate us.
24-21 'Dogs.

Pulling for a Wylie win!! Ville hosts Monterrey next week.

wyliefan
09-08-2017, 11:30 PM
Monterey was big, fast and had several good athletes on the field. QB is fast, but didn't think he had a great arm. The Wylie running game had 200 + yards and passing was very efficient. defense did a good job of containing their speed and it helped that the DB's we're able to play man most of the game. Wylie QB did get hurt, not sure the extent, he did finish the half and appeared ok, but did not play in the 2nd half. Backup did fine.

Monterey had two players ejected in the second half.

jason
09-08-2017, 11:48 PM
Pulling for a Wylie win!! Ville hosts Monterrey next week.it's oct 6

slingshot
09-08-2017, 11:54 PM
Like Wyliefan said--Monterey had size, speed and depth advantages on us... we just had better discipline and execution. Big win for the 'Dogs!
Just keeps getting tougher next week against another big and fast 5A team but this time it's at their house.
I've been asked to not give injury details (which I honestly never have, just reinterated what was already public). Will just state that we had several hurt tonight--not good.
Good luck 'Ville against Monterey!