PDA

View Full Version : La Grange vs. Argyle at Mary Hardin Baylor in Belton at 7 p.m. Friday night

Scoop27
09-06-2017, 10:50 PM
Webcast
http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/

d0tc0m
09-07-2017, 07:11 AM
Anybody got a word on what La Grange has this year? Haven't seen Pudlugger around here so far this season. I know Argyle has an embarrassment of riches this season, so I imagine they'll be a double-digit favorite in this game. But the Leopards gave 'em all they could handle last year, even without JK Dobbins.

Pudlugger
09-07-2017, 10:40 AM
I'm here but I have been glued to my computer following hurricane Irma as my son lives in North Miami Beach which is pretty much in the path of the storm. He just called me and said he is going home from work and picking up his dog(an English Mastiff) cat and kitten and heading out on the Turnpike to Tallahassee. He has been prepped for several days but his boss didn't let him off until this AM when he reported to work.:mad: Please pray for his safety. He played O line for LG from 2001-2003.

As for the Leps this year well it is hard to say as they missed their second scrimmage and then first game against Liberty Hill was cancelled. Three players lost their homes in the flood and the school was closed for more than a week. I would say judging from their scrimmage against El Campo on the 18th of August that they have some talented players but how prepared they are to face Argyle is going to be a big issue. Just like last year this will be their first game and in addition lack practice time so I expect more miscues than usual. If they come out charged up maybe the adrenaline will alow them to hang with the Eagles for a couple of quarters but I expect a 42-7 victory for the Eagles. :dispntd:

d0tc0m
09-07-2017, 12:13 PM
I'm here but I have been glued to my computer following hurricane Irma as my son lives in North Miami Beach which is pretty much in the path of the storm. He just called me and said he is going home from work and picking up his dog(an English Mastiff) cat and kitten and heading out on the Turnpike to Tallahassee. He has been prepped for several days but his boss didn't let him off until this AM when he reported to work.:mad: Please pray for his safety. He played O line for LG from 2001-2003.

As for the Leps this year well it is hard to say as they missed their second scrimmage and then first game against Liberty Hill was cancelled. Three players lost their homes in the flood and the school was closed for more than a week. I would say judging from their scrimmage against El Campo on the 18th of August that they have some talented players but how prepared they are to face Argyle is going to be a big issue. Just like last year this will be their first game and in addition lack practice time so I expect more miscues than usual. If they come out charged up maybe the adrenaline will alow them to hang with the Eagles for a couple of quarters but I expect a 42-7 victory for the Eagles. :dispntd:

Prayers sent to your son. Sorry to hear he's going to be dealing with Irma now.

Well, the good news for La Grange is Friday's game ought to make them better. I wouldn't use it as too much of a barometer, simply because it's their first game of the year, and it's coming against a team I imagine will be playing in Texas Stadium come December. So, even if the Leopards do get beat down 42-7, I wouldn't look at this game to project how the rest of the season will do. Argyle will probably be the best team La Grange plays all year. The Eagles are talented across the board.

Wayne
09-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Prayers for your son, as well as those affected in LaGrange. Hopefully some football will clear the young men's heads after dealing with the floods and aftermath.

Pudlugger
09-08-2017, 09:19 AM
I thought I'd share with you how my son is doing in his evacuation from North Miami Beach. Yesterday around noon he left town with his 150 pound English Mastiff Odin, his 'Maine Coon' cat named Bartalk and a kitten he rescued named Schrodinger along with a carload of supplies. He took the Fl Turnpike north and it was a parking lot! It took him 8 hours to make Orlando. He is driving our VW Passatt diesel and couldn't find any fuel in Miami so he left with 2/3rds of a tank. Good thing he gets about 25-40 mpg as by midnight he found diesel on I75 below Gainesville when he was going on fumes. Mrs Pudlugger and I had spent 2 hours on the internet earlier in the day trying to book him into a hotel. Everything in the Florida Panhandle and up into GA and Alabama were booked up. When we found something that would suffice by the time I would determine if they allowed pets it would get booked! Atlanta, Pensacola, Tallahassee, Mobile and Biloxi nothing available under 200 bucks a night. Finally I found a place in Gulfport MS that we booked for 5 nights. He just called and has been driving for over 20 hours and is just east of Pensecola. He finally is out of the traffic making 75 mph and should make Gulfport by noon. Odin, and Bartalk are getting whinny but little Schrodinger is a real trooper. My son is exhausted and pretty disgusted with the way people were driving recklessly on the Turnpike, causing accidents cutting off other cars and slowing traffic rubber necking and taking selfies along the highway at accident achenes! Gas lines at the Turnpike stops were over the exit lanes so you couldn't tell when to turn off until you passed them. He is safe now from this Cat 5 hurricane that is projected to hit Miami and move right up the middle of florida to GA. Pray for all those in harms way. Thanks to all on the 'Low who prayed for my son's safety.

I hope to make the game tonight to cheer my Leps on and get my mind off this monster storm. Go Leps!

Cheers, Pudlugger

d0tc0m
09-08-2017, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the update, Pud. Glad to hear your son was fortunate enough to evacuate safely and make his way to a place away from the storm. Will continue to pray for his safety as he eventually makes his way back to Miami.

44INAROW
09-08-2017, 11:18 AM
I thought I'd share with you how my son is doing in his evacuation from North Miami Beach. Yesterday around noon he left town with his 150 pound English Mastiff Odin, his 'Maine Coon' cat named Bartalk and a kitten he rescued named Schrodinger along with a carload of supplies. He took the Fl Turnpike north and it was a parking lot! It took him 8 hours to make Orlando. He is driving our VW Passatt diesel and couldn't find any fuel in Miami so he left with 2/3rds of a tank. Good thing he gets about 25-40 mpg as by midnight he found diesel on I75 below Gainesville when he was going on fumes. Mrs Pudlugger and I had spent 2 hours on the internet earlier in the day trying to book him into a hotel. Everything in the Florida Panhandle and up into GA and Alabama were booked up. When we found something that would suffice by the time I would determine if they allowed pets it would get booked! Atlanta, Pensacola, Tallahassee, Mobile and Biloxi nothing available under 200 bucks a night. Finally I found a place in Gulfport MS that we booked for 5 nights. He just called and has been driving for over 20 hours and is just east of Pensecola. He finally is out of the traffic making 75 mph and should make Gulfport by noon. Odin, and Bartalk are getting whinny but little Schrodinger is a real trooper. My son is exhausted and pretty disgusted with the way people were driving recklessly on the Turnpike, causing accidents cutting off other cars and slowing traffic rubber necking and taking selfies along the highway at accident achenes! Gas lines at the Turnpike stops were over the exit lanes so you couldn't tell when to turn off until you passed them. He is safe now from this Cat 5 hurricane that is projected to hit Miami and move right up the middle of florida to GA. Pray for all those in harms way. Thanks to all on the 'Low who prayed for my son's safety.

I hope to make the game tonight to cheer my Leps on and get my mind off this monster storm. Go Leps!

Cheers, Pudlugger

Thankful your son and his furbabies got out - our middle son, his wife, 3 1/2 yr old and 7 month old sons - left Lakeland FL about noonish Thursday - the FL Turnpike was a parking lot---- they got to IH75 junction and it was total chaos... They finally made IH10 about 7pm or so and I'm not sure if they found a hotel or stayed with friends of friends (his words were - "It's good to have friends") so not sure ,.... they mainly stopped cause they were getting low on gas... Later last night, Kellee texted me and said Chad went out searching for supper and also found gas.... so they were starting this AM off with a full tank... He booked a room in Hammond LA so that's where they are headed..... I think/hope/pray gas is easier to get as they get further west.....

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:13 PM
It's on......Argyle has the ball and is marching down across the 24 on that run. First and 10. Short pass to Wes McCollum.....he fakes out 4 Panthers and scores. Point is good.

Argyle 7
LG 0

7:57 left 1st qtr.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Hart takes the kick at the LG 10 and makes a very good runback to the LG 44. Now LG will have a chance on offense. 2nd and 10 after no gain by Dobbins(soph.)

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:18 PM
3rd and 10 after no gain by Grant. Now a deep ball goes incomplete on a jumpball to the 6-3 reciever. LG is forced to punt. It rolls inside the 20 and dies at the Argyle 11......a 45 yd punt for LG.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Williams gains a couple......2nd and 8 for the Eagles. Deep ball to wide open Chase Estrada is overthrown by Copeland. 3rd and 8 now to Cale Nanny on a perfect pass for 15 yds. 1st down Argyle.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Throw out to McCollum on that same pass he scored on......this one good for 6 yds. Now it goes to Don Williams as he breaks the LOS and scampers down to the Argyle 10. It was a quick hit to the left side. Now a 10 yd pass by Copeland rolling to his right as he hits Alex Gonzales for a 10 yd TD pass. The point is good by Travis Garner.

Argyle 14
LG 0

4:14 1st qtr. 89 yds in 7 plays for Argyle on that series. It took 1:24 because Williams broke a big one for 54 yds.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:24 PM
After the kickoff, Hart picks up 4 on a run. 2nd and 6 for LG.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Hart straight up the middle for no gain on that one. Only one player on the Argyle D-line is over 200 lbs......but they are really quick!

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Procedure against LG backs them up 5 yds for 3rd and 9. Pass incomplete over the middle.....LG will punt again.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Fair catch called by Nanny at midfield on a 25 yd punt. Argyle with great field position to start this series.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Williams bounces outside for only a yard. 2nd and 9. LG is sound fundamentally.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Copeland to Wes McCollum for a first down. Now Copeland hits Nanny on a deep ball in the endzone for a fantastic catch and another Argyle TD. The coverage was actually excellent......it was just one of those perfect passes and Nanny went up high and stretched out to catch it in the endzone. Kick is good.

Argyle 21
LG 0

Late 1st qtr.

3 plays for 50 yds on that drive

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Linedrive kickoff into the endzone for a touchback. LG will start at the 25.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Handoff to Hart at the LOS for no gain. 2nd and 10.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Timeout for La Grange before the quarter ends. 2nd and 10 upcoming from their own 25.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Grant keeps it on a keeper around the corner for 16 yds, but a facemask at the end of that play will tack on another 15 yds. Grant is the qb and has speed......he's a good runner.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:36 PM
From the Argyle 42, Grant picks up 4 yds but would have gone to the house if Clearman didn't get him. Hart picks up 3 yds now.....LG 3rd and 3 now.

End of 1st.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:40 PM
From the Eagles 38.....Hart falls forward for a couple but is a yard short. A flag on the sideline for some extra curricular activity away from the play. Offsetting against both players.....the ball stays where it is. 4th and one for LG. Leopards line up in the straight I.....it goes to Hart be he is stood up by Chase Petter and he is a half yard short. Argyle gets the stop and takes over.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Copeland over the middle to Estrada for a 12 yd catch for a first down.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Movement on the line for offsides......the whole line moved. 1st down and 15 goes to McCollum for 11 yds on that catch. 2nd and 6 for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Copeland shuffle passes it to Estrada for a first down with the Leopards crashing in.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:43 PM
Pass from Copeland to Estrada on a nice catch on his shoetops wiithout breaking stride for 12 yds and another first down.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:46 PM
Chase Estrada was down, but now is on his feet. Shuttle pass in the middle was sniffed out by the LG defense for a loss of 3. Deep pass down the middle to Gonzales is incomplete.....3rd and 13 now for Argyle. Pass over the middle to McCloud is knocked away by Ryan Cooper. He jumped in front and batted it away.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:48 PM
4th and 13 from the 33 is in no man's land.....Argyle will go for it. Here's a pass into the endzone for Cale Nanny and he gets it for a TD.....it was another perfect pitch and catch by Copeland and Nanny.

Argyle 28
LG 0

Now Argyle has scored a touchdown on each of it's 4 possessions.

9:46 2nd qtr.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Hart takes the kickoff and is brought down at the 17 yd. line. 1st and 10 for LG. A bad snap and Caden Roberts gets on it for Argyle. Bad luck for LG on that snap. 1st and goal from the 10 as Don Williams gets it and races to the pylon and wins that race for the TD. The kick is good.

Argyle 35
LG 0

9:30 2nd qtr.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:53 PM
LG did not play last week......they got rained out......so 1st game jitters and adjustments for the Leopards so far.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:54 PM
LG starts from their own 26 yd line. Argyle has dominated so far......many players are going both ways for LG. Hard hit by Sullivan in the offensive backfield. Loss of 3 now.....3rd and 15 for the Leopards.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Incomplete to Cooper on a deep sideline ball. 4th and 15 for the Leopards as they will punt again. Now Qb Grant is on the sidelines with an icepack on his knee. Punt goes to Nanny and Gage Campbell lays a big block to free Nanny for 15 yds on the return. Now an interception by LG on first down by Calvin Davis. He dropped back and Copeland never saw him. It was a completion to Calvin Davis of La Grange.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 07:58 PM
At about midfield now......LG will attempt to get a good drive going. Now a loss of 5 as Jake Sullivan gets Hart behind the line.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:00 PM
3rd and 18 for LG.......to Hart on the run is chased down from behind by Roberts for another loss of a yard. Punt to the 29 and returned to the 31 of Argyle. 1st down goes to Don Williams outside as he gains onlhy a couple

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Inside pitch, but a flag down against the Eagles for holding.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:04 PM
2nd and long as Copeland goes deep to Wes McCollum deep.....he veers to the sideline and now cuts back to the goal line for a 77 yd TD pass. That was a deep ball over the top with great touch by Copeland that hit McCollum in stride for that quick strike score. The kick is good.

Argyle 42
LG 0

4:29 2nd 2 plays for 77 yds on that drive for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Argyle bringing in the number 2's on defense now......Gage Campbell hammers Hart on that run.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:06 PM
Backup Qb running for his life and just throws it away as Campbell was after him. Parker James??? Is that the backup???

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Timeout before the half by LG now.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:08 PM
3rd and 12 for the Leopards.....a completion for 21 yds and a first down on that throw to the back out of the backfield.....great execution on that one.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:09 PM
First and 10 at the 42.....a run for 3 yds.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:10 PM
Another gain of 3 yds......3rd and 4 at their own 48 for the Leopards. Man is wide open so the receiver has to just catch it and go down for a 31 yd gain on that busted coverage.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Handoff to Hart for 2 yds now......2nd and 8 now.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:11 PM
About a minute left.....a handoff to Hart for no gain. 3rd and 8 now for the Leopards.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:12 PM
Long pass to the endzone is knocked away by Connor Kilgore for Argyle......4th and a few seconds left in the half.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Fade right on the left side with 6 defenders in the area......a push by Jackson Sullivan gets a flag thrown. He's shaking his head like he didn't do it, LOL. 7 secs. left as he throws it incomplete on the reverse. Johnson would not have scored anyway if he caught it.......time has expired in the half. All Eagles in the first half.

Argyle 42
La Grange 0

Halftime

Tejastrue
09-08-2017, 08:18 PM
:eek:

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Parker James at Qb for LG to start here in the 2nd half as a handoff to Chris Dobbins loses a yard. 2nd and 11 from the LG 24.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Now Brock Gardner at qb keeps it and has absolutely nowhere to go. 3rd and 11 for the Leopards now.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Bad snap and Chase Petter hits Parker James before he can pick it up.....Caden Roberts recovers it at the 15 for Argyle. Now Clearman at QB for Argyle.....he hands off to Don Wilson as he runs it 11 yds to the 4 yd line. Now to Don Williams as he carries a man into the endzone for a TD......but a flag down. Bryson Hudgens was called for holding. The TD is wiped off, and now it's 1st and goal from the 13. Williams picks up 6 yds.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Now Hayden Clearman fires a bullet to Micheal Ryon in the endzone for an Eagle TD. Clearman is a pitcher on the baseball field and can fire that football hard. Ryon had no choice but to catch that one. Point is good.

Argyle 49
La Grange 0

A nightmare game for LG to start their season......nothing has gone right for them. Both bad snaps occurred deep in their own territory and Argyle recovered the ball both times, then scored a TD. Their starting QB is a very good player, but he's on the bench with an icepack on his knee since early in the 2nd quarter. Now LG is subbing two different qb's in and out of the game.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Leopards complete a nice pass for a first down on the 37 now.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:55 PM
A loss of 3 on that run.....Blake Bonnell hit him hard.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Is it Parker Yates or Parker James at qb??? I cannot understand the play by play announcer.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:57 PM
3rd and 13 now......a sack on a loss of 9 as Michaels and Mason Thrash drop the Qb. Punting to Argyle again.....Nanny returns it to the 45 yd line. A 38 yd punt that time.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Williams runs left for 9.5 yds on first down. Clearman rolling right and throws it, but it's batted incomplete. 2nd and 10 now.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Quick pass by Clearman to McCollum good for 8 yds......3rd and a yard from the 35 yd line.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Another completion by Clearman for 5 yds on that roll out good for the first down.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Incomplete to Hudgens as he falls down. Now a 30 yd TD run thru a big hole in the line. An early flag as they call holding on the lineman.....awful quick flag there. 2nd and 20 now. Clearman throws across the middle to McCollum off his fingers. 3rd and 20 now.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Inside screen to Alex Gonzales as he takes it and cuts inside.....takes it down to the 2 yd line.....a 38 yd gain. Now Williams dives over from the 2 for a TD. The kick is good.

Argyle 56
La Grange 0

3rd qtr. 5:06 left

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:05 PM
Kickoff taken back to the 24 yd line for the Leopards.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Parker James has nowhere to go on that keeper. 2nd and 10 now.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Chris Dobbins picks up a couple on that run. 3rd and 8 from the 26.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Chris Dobbins is gonna have a first down, but there is a flag down.....this is gonna be holding call against the Leopards. 3rd and 18 now instead of a first down.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Chris Dobbins again for a few yards, but a whole host of Eagles on the stop. 4th and long now.....the Leopards will be forced to punt again.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Punt goes out of bounds at the LG 40 yd line......only a 16 yd punt that time.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Michael Ryon from Clearman for a gain of 7 on first down. 2nd and 3 now. No....that was Alex Gonzales at qb that time. Now Noah Lang gets about 18 yds on that run.....but a flag down at the LOS. A lot of movement side to side by the O-line that time.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Refs being very picky here when Argyle has the ball.....understandable at this point. Another holding against Argyle on that pass. 2nd and 23 now for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Most of these players....all of them.....are backups. Now a late hit on the sideline on that carry after the whistle......no holding on Argyle this time. Alex Gonzales on the carry and now an automatic first down from the LG 32. Noah Lang scores on a 32 yd run full speed at the pylon. He launched himself and got the ball inside for a TD.....his first TD as an Eagle. He's got great speed. Lang played for Abilene Wylie last season, but moved here to Argyle over the summer. I don't know the particulars.....but he backs up Williams.

Argyle 63
LG 0

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:19 PM
Good kickoff return to the Argyle 40 yd line on that return by the Leopards.....I did not catch the name of the player.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:19 PM
Loss of 7 on that pitch out. 2nd and 17 now. End of 3rd.

Argyle 63-0

End of 3rd

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Gardner keeps it on that run for about 3 yds. 3rd and 14......it doesn't matter who Argyle has on defense.....they all run to the ball very hard.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Timeout Leopards.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Taylor run out of bounds by Dixon. 4th and 7 now. Fake to Taylor and the throw is incomplete by Gardner. The ball goes over to Argyle.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Time for Argyle to kill this clock.....handoff to Noah Lang and he picks up 10 yds.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:26 PM
8:37 to play.....Argyle taking their time now to burn some clock. Argyle at Celina next week at a packed house. Eagles first and 10 at their own 47.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Now a handoff to Noah Lang to the right side......he breaks a tackle and races down the sideline for a TD. He's got some serious speed.....just outran everybody to the pylon. That was a 53 yd run.

Argyle 70-0

Argyle just handing it off.....you can't tell your back not to run to the best of his ability.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:30 PM
The La Grange return man let it drop thru his hand, then scrambled around and ran it past midfield. He is caught by Jake Sullivan, fumbles the ball, Argyle picks it up and runs it back the other way. Not sure where they will put it. Crazy play there.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:32 PM
First and 10 for the La Grange Leopards.....apparently they called it dead. Now it's 2nd and 15 as Braden Pruett brings him down.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Braden Pruett played some quarterback last year. Now he gets another tackle for another 5 yd loss. 3rd and 20 now for LG.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Gardner takes it and runs left for 7 yds.....brought down my Pruett and Dixon. 4th and long now for La Grange.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Punt goes skyhigh, hits the 10 and settles at the Argyle 7 yd line.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:35 PM
Handoff to Wyatt Alcorn for 3 yds.....but a procedure penalty against Argyle.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:36 PM
Trying to burn this clock and go home.....1st and 15 with 2:25 left. Wyatt Alcorn nearly thrown for a safety.....he barely got out of the endzone that time.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:37 PM
Wyatt Alcorn keeps it and gains only about a yard.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:38 PM
If he takes a knee, he will be called for a safety, LOL. 2 yd run now makes it 4th down.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:39 PM
It's over......time for a 3 hr. ride home for Argyle.

Argyle 70
La Grange 0

Nothing much to say

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 09:40 PM
I guess it's time for some Blue Bell ice cream.

Pudlugger
09-09-2017, 03:59 PM
I guess it's time for some Blue Bell ice cream.

Maybe something a little stronger for the folks here in La Grange. I was pretty confident it would be a blowout but 70-0 is outside my range of prognostication. I'm pretty sure that was a record for LG unfortunately. Hats off to a very physical athletic and exceptionally well disciplined and coached Argyle team.

As an aside, I really wish Coach Kates would try to schedule these tough opponents after game week 3 as since 2001 LG has been rained out 50% of the time in late August and September so they get no touches before game 2. However even if the Leps would have had more game and practice time it would not have changed the outcome of this matchup as the Eagles are on a level of their own. The Leps I'm sure are pretty upset with themselves but they will pull it together and start back winning some games this season. Good luck to the Eagles going forward. I expect they may win it all this year.