PDA

View Full Version : Player Eligibility Question

wyliefan
09-06-2017, 11:14 AM
Wylie 9th and JV played last Thursday against Vernon in Vernon. After the 9th grade teams completed their game, several Vernon players from that game stayed on the field and what appeared to start warming up with the JV.

Can a player play in more than one game a day or week. Maybe this is common and I have never noticed, just curious.

coach
09-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Wylie 9th and JV played last Thursday against Vernon in Vernon. After the 9th grade teams completed their game, several Vernon players from that game stayed on the field and what appeared to start warming up with the JV.

Can a player play in more than one game a day or week. Maybe this is common and I have never noticed, just curious.

That's probably all they did is warm up. You can have players be suited up on the sideline and even go through warm ups. They cannot play in both games. Same as JV players suiting up for games on Friday night. Now if it was a scrimmage that is a different story.

Rocket Man
09-06-2017, 06:17 PM
That's probably all they did is warm up. You can have players be suited up on the sideline and even go through warm ups. They cannot play in both games. Same as JV players suiting up for games on Friday night. Now if it was a scrimmage that is a different story.

My understanding is if the game is played on any day other than Tuesday and if it is completed before 7:03 pm (Pacific time). Then any player whose pants or jersey got dirty is then eligible to play in any volleyball, tennis or football game that is played between the hours of 2:00 pm (Eastern time) and 9:23 pm (Mountain time) on Fridays, if the game is after Friday, they have to notify the refs prior to the game and say the passcode Fizzbin. That's what Captain Kirk told and I believe him.

coach
09-07-2017, 07:25 AM
My understanding is if the game is played on any day other than Tuesday and if it is completed before 7:03 pm (Pacific time). Then any player whose pants or jersey got dirty is then eligible to play in any volleyball, tennis or football game that is played between the hours of 2:00 pm (Eastern time) and 9:23 pm (Mountain time) on Fridays, if the game is after Friday, they have to notify the refs prior to the game and say the passcode Fizzbin. That's what Captain Kirk told and I believe him.

IS that a copy and paste directly from the UIL Rules page?

Rocket Man
09-07-2017, 09:45 AM
IS that a copy and paste directly from the UIL Rules page?

No, it's verbatim what Captain Kirk told me, but I think he was reading out of the UIL Rules page 7,890.