PDA

View Full Version : Celina 34 Princton 27

Celina8
09-02-2017, 10:35 AM
Was told Celina could not defend the pass and that we did not look very good in this game . Interested if any other Bobcat fans have a different perspective as I am getting this information from others who attended the game .

d0tc0m
09-02-2017, 05:20 PM
Was told Celina could not defend the pass and that we did not look very good in this game . Interested if any other Bobcat fans have a different perspective as I am getting this information from others who attended the game .

Much, much further along than we were this time last season, and this year's team has a higher ceiling. We stuffed the run on defense, but struggled against a stud sophomore QB who was deadly accurate and a pair of really good receivers who made some great plays/catches even when we had good coverage.

The offensive line has a couple new pieces that are going to get better, and our QB (Ross) is a first-year varsity starter with tools similar to Pingleton - although he's just not that far along yet. Our passing game will get much better as that timing and chemistry develops with Ross and the receiving corps. But we showed we can and will run the ball more this year and play very physical.

It's the first game of the year, so there are going to be a TON of things to get sorted out. Not to mention, Princeton is not a bad team. I wouldn't listen much to the doomsdayers who probably use rhetoric along the lines of, "They didn't even look like a Celina team."

Celina8
09-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Thank dotcom ,

Having moved to the Austin area , I now depend on others and this board for really any news about Celina and other teams that I enjoy following. Looks like Argyle again has all the tools for a championship season and I hope this year we can stay on the field with them as them team works to improve each game.

d0tc0m
09-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Thank dotcom ,

Having moved to the Austin area , I now depend on others and this board for really any news about Celina and other teams that I enjoy following. Looks like Argyle again has all the tools for a championship season and I hope this year we can stay on the field with them as them team works to improve each game.

Argyle is the exact kind of team we need to face early in the season. They will be a matchup nightmare for us, and that's OK. It will make our team and coaches much, much better. Argyle will probably be the best team we play all year, regardless of how far we go in the postseason and who we play when we get there.