PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Argyle shouldn't show up

Caveman
08-29-2017, 08:55 PM
According to the Tom Landry Classic FB page (https://www.facebook.com/TomLandryClassic/posts/10154645893082047) Lovejoy has the Eagles beaten at every position. Maybe we should just stay home.

d0tc0m
08-29-2017, 09:43 PM
According to the Tom Landry Classic FB page (https://www.facebook.com/TomLandryClassic/posts/10154645893082047) Lovejoy has the Eagles beaten at every position. Maybe we should just stay home.

LoL you guys should stay home! That'd be hilarious. You could really stick it to those folks at the Tom Landry Classic who have the nerve to invite Argyle to this game, award a scholarship to an Eagle student/athlete, AND THEN to also have the audacity to do their jobs and break down a preseason game that has implications as huge as this matchup. Boy, you can almost taste the pie on their faces when Lovejoy comes out for warmups and then the kickoff and doesn't have a team to go up against! You lead 'em, Caveman!

#OccupyEagleStadium
#MakeArgyleGreatAgain
#AllTeamsMatter
#FakeNews
#GodBlessTheTroops

lostaussie
08-30-2017, 09:40 AM
Lol #makeargylegreatagain :D

Leopard4Life
08-30-2017, 10:45 AM
LoL you guys should stay home! That'd be hilarious. You could really stick it to those folks at the Tom Landry Classic who have the nerve to invite Argyle to this game, award a scholarship to an Eagle student/athlete, AND THEN to also have the audacity to do their jobs and break down a preseason game that has implications as huge as this matchup. Boy, you can almost taste the pie on their faces when Lovejoy comes out for warmups and then the kickoff and doesn't have a team to go up against! You lead 'em, Caveman!

#OccupyEagleStadium
#MakeArgyleGreatAgain
#AllTeamsMatter
#FakeNews
#GodBlessTheTroops

Or they could be talking it up to get more Lovejoy fans (which are closer and the larger school) to show up and buy tickets. It's a volume business.

I like the write ups. They may not be 100% accurate, but Lovejoy did return more players and Argyle is in a reloading mode. Argyle is a great program with great depth, especially for a 4A. This should be a really good game.

Here is another article:

http://texashsfootball.com/tom-landry-classic-preview-argyle-eagles-vs-lovejoy-leopards/

d0tc0m
08-30-2017, 10:48 AM
Or they could be talking it up to get more Lovejoy fans (which are closer and the larger school) to show up and buy tickets. It's a volume business.

I like the write ups. They may not be 100% accurate, but Lovejoy did return more players and Argyle is in a reloading mode. Argyle is a great program with great depth, especially for a 4A. This should be a really good game.

Here is another article:

http://texashsfootball.com/tom-landry-classic-preview-argyle-eagles-vs-lovejoy-leopards/

No, Caveman was right, these folks have it out for Argyle. I stand with the Eagles and their right to stay home!

Leopard4Life
08-30-2017, 12:32 PM

If I recall, they had the receivers equal. But that's just their opinion...

Wayne
08-30-2017, 01:24 PM
This should be a good game. It will be a real test for Argyle as to how good they really are. 11 point favorites by the Harris Ratings. Guess we will see Sat. Let's go Eagles!

d0tc0m
08-30-2017, 01:56 PM
This should be a good game. It will be a real test for Argyle as to how good they really are. 11 point favorites by the Harris Ratings. Guess we will see Sat. Let's go Eagles!

It should be a very competitive game. If I had to put money on it, I'd take Argyle. I think they had a pretty good team coming into 2017 already, but then they managed to add a handful of top-notch move-in's, including a very good quarterback, and that's put them back in that serious title-contender conversation.

Give me Argyle by 6!

Leopard4Life
08-30-2017, 03:00 PM
It should be a very competitive game. If I had to put money on it, I'd take Argyle. I think they had a pretty good team coming into 2017 already, but then they managed to add a handful of top-notch move-in's, including a very good quarterback, and that's put them back in that serious title-contender conversation.

Give me Argyle by 6!

Lovejoy's Head Coach is in year two and is putting his stamp on the program. I like the changes he has made. Lovejoy is going to surprise some people this year, starting with Argyle. I'll take Lovejoy by 9+

The Argyle scouts left the Lovejoy / Denton scrimmage before it was over. They weren't looking over confident when they left. I think these are two really good teams that are going to head to head. I don't see either one blowing the other out. Lovejoy and Argyle both handled Denton easily in their scrimmages. Argyle got a slower start but hit their rhythm, and Lovejoy jumped on them from the get go. Lovejoy appears to have improved their conditioning and that will be needed because Argyle is always ready.

d0tc0m
08-30-2017, 03:02 PM
Lovejoy's Head Coach is in year two and is putting his stamp on the program. I like the changes he has made. Lovejoy is going to surprise some people this year, starting with Argyle. I'll take Lovejoy by 9+

The Argyle scouts left the Lovejoy / Denton scrimmage before it was over. They weren't looking over confident when they left. I think these are two really good teams that are going to head to head. I don't see either one blowing the other out. Lovejoy and Argyle both handled Denton easily in their scrimmages. Argyle got a slower start but hit their rhythm, and Lovejoy jumped on them from the get go. Lovejoy appears to have improved their conditioning and that will be needed because Argyle is always ready.

Describe how the scouts looked, please. Also, describe how they would have looked if they were over confident. I'll hang up and listen.

Leopard4Life
08-30-2017, 03:07 PM
Describe how the scouts looked, please. Also, describe how they would have looked if they were over confident. I'll hang up and listen.

Show up Saturday and see for yourself. They kinda looked shell shocked like Celina did when we shut them out after losing three of our best players. You remember that look..

P.S. The Argyle scouts didn't looked shell shocked at all, they just exchanged a few looks and raised eyebrows during some of Lovejoy's better plays. That comment is just to get d0tc0m riled up so much he won't read this far.

Go ahead, it's my turn to listen...

Gsquared
08-30-2017, 03:26 PM
show up saturday and see for yourself. They kinda looked shell shocked like celina did when we shut them out after losing three of our best players. You remember that look..

P.s. The argyle scouts didn't looked shell shocked at all, they just exchanged a few looks and raised eyebrows during some of lovejoy's better plays. That comment is just to get d0tc0m riled up so much he won't read this far.

i cannot wait to see this one!

Leopard4Life
08-30-2017, 03:34 PM
i cannot wait to see this one!

Where you eating, Hutchins?

d0tc0m
08-30-2017, 04:30 PM
Show up Saturday and see for yourself. They kinda looked shell shocked like Celina did when we shut them out after losing three of our best players. You remember that look..

P.S. The Argyle scouts didn't looked shell shocked at all, they just exchanged a few looks and raised eyebrows during some of Lovejoy's better plays. That comment is just to get d0tc0m riled up so much he won't read this far.

Oh, Leopard, you'd have to work a lot harder than that to get me riled up. I've just been giving you a hard time, because is only been you and me posting on this thread all day. You boys had a good team in 2010. I don't actually remember that game, because I had graduated well before that and was starting a career out of state then. But not many people have shut us out before, so congratulations. We soundly whipped the Leopards the following year, though, so, even-Steven, I suppose.

Should be a good game on Saturday, as I have said a few times sans-sarcasm. A good opening game and gauge for both squads.

regaleagle
08-30-2017, 10:41 PM
Hold yer breath and don't turn blue.....but MaxPreps has Lovejoy rated much better than Argyle to start the season. I read in FNF that the Leopards return a very good Oline with some serious beef. Heck, they are returning 14 starters.....AND they have Bumper Pool.....don't forget about that! He's got the best linebacker name in the whole friggin" state.....maybe the nation, LOL. QB Carson Collins is back after passing for over 2500 yds and 20 TD's in his Soph. season.....that was accomplished in only 10 games. I couldn't hardly believe this one......it says they have 166 guys on their Varsity roster.......How many suit for each game anyway? I think Argyle will have their usual numbers of 40-50 suit for the games. BTW>>>MaxPreps has them at 84th in the state and Argyle at 144th......that's quite a big difference. Maybe Leopard4Life is feeling very confident in his Leopards going into this game for good reason......we'll see what happens Saturday night.

Leopard4Life
08-30-2017, 11:41 PM
Hold yer breath and don't turn blue.....but MaxPreps has Lovejoy rated much better than Argyle to start the season. I read in FNF that the Leopards return a very good Oline with some serious beef. Heck, they are returning 14 starters.....AND they have Bumper Pool.....don't forget about that! He's got the best linebacker name in the whole friggin" state.....maybe the nation, LOL. QB Carson Collins is back after passing for over 2500 yds and 20 TD's in his Soph. season.....that was accomplished in only 10 games. I couldn't hardly believe this one......it says they have 166 guys on their Varsity roster.......How many suit for each game anyway? I think Argyle will have their usual numbers of 40-50 suit for the games. BTW>>>MaxPreps has them at 84th in the state and Argyle at 144th......that's quite a big difference. Maybe Leopard4Life is feeling very confident in his Leopards going into this game for good reason......we'll see what happens Saturday night.

We have about 65 or so on Varsity. The 166 may be 9-12. The 15 returning is correct. I'm not feeling very confident going in, I never do. I know Argyle is always a tough out, that's why we scheduled you. I do like our chances in this game. Lovejoy got a new HC and coaching staff last year who have now had a full year to implement their system. We got a new OC that has worked with our HC before so we are looking to have an efficient offense.

Depending on the polls you look at Lovejoy has 7 of it's 10 games against ranked opponents.

Argyle is 3-0 against Lovejoy so I'm really looking forward to this game.

d0tc0m
08-31-2017, 07:22 AM
I'm not cheering against Argyle by any means. But I'm slightly cheering FOR Lovejoy, only because Bumper Pool is a Razorback commit. Woo Pig.

Leopard4Life
08-31-2017, 11:19 AM
About 19:00 minutes in they talk Lovejoy / Argyle.

http://lonestargridiron.com/2017/08/s2s-2017-week-1/

Leopard4Life
08-31-2017, 03:09 PM
About 19:00 minutes in they talk Lovejoy / Argyle.

http://lonestargridiron.com/2017/08/s2s-2017-week-1/

And they talk about Argyle again around 37:50

PurplePop
08-31-2017, 03:49 PM
I'm not cheering against Argyle by any means. But I'm slightly cheering FOR Lovejoy, only because Bumper Pool is a Razorback commit. Woo Pig.

And how can you root against a kid named Bumper Pool. You can't.

lostaussie
08-31-2017, 04:51 PM
And how can you root against a kid named Bumper Pool. You can't.

That might be the greatest linebacker name EVA!!!

The Herd
09-01-2017, 01:20 PM
Argyle had no scouts at the Lovejoy Denton scrimmage

Leopard4Life
09-01-2017, 11:29 PM
Argyle had no scouts at the Lovejoy Denton scrimmage

My bad, maybe the guy's with clip boards taking notes were from another school. They did not have Argyle shirts on, but the red and black bag with the argyle eagle's on it must have been from a different school...

The Herd
09-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Must be another red and black team, because I am certain the Argyle scouts weren't there.

lostaussie
09-02-2017, 02:20 PM
I hate it when I know I should have taken a road trip and didn't:thinking:

Caveman
09-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Well I'm glad we showed up. I still can't believe that the prognosticators thought Lovejoy had the "advantage" at every position. Kinda like reading movie reviews.

Matthew328
09-03-2017, 07:00 PM
Argyle is loaded...all the new faces have added to the depth and talent they already have