PDA

View Full Version : China Spring at Lorena

Bosqueville
08-28-2017, 08:20 AM
Lorena always sound on both sides of the ball. China Spring looked a little sloppy at times in the 1st scrimmage. The original QB that was to start is out due to discipline issue so a new QB will be taking over. He's stepped in and done very well. I have yet to hear anything on the Robinson/CS game. CS 28 Lorena 14!

Rocket Man
08-29-2017, 02:37 AM
Lorena always sound on both sides of the ball. China Spring looked a little sloppy at times in the 1st scrimmage. The original QB that was to start is out due to discipline issue so a new QB will be taking over. He's stepped in and done very well. I have yet to hear anything on the Robinson/CS game. CS 28 Lorena 14!

Scrimmage only had controlled portion, was called off early due to weather. It was something like 2-1 CS favor. From RR perspective it wasn't as one sided as I expected; however, it was just a scrimmage. I was especially impressed with the RR 2nd defensive unit.

Like you said, LL is always sound, but CS probably outguns them. Ya never know though. Safe travels all.

FB-fanatic
08-29-2017, 05:40 AM
Time for football! Lorena looked pretty decent in both scrimmages, though McGregor looked a bit down this year. Starting QB Johnston who broke his collarbone this summer appears to be more comfortable at slot back or wideout. Backup QB Bryant will start Friday and has been effective during the scrimmages. Traditional Biles teams have been disciplined bunch who build throughout the season and I don't expect otherwise this year. Dropping off our French Engineering Intern at DFW Friday morning, then on to the opening game. 21-14 CS.

FB-fanatic
08-29-2017, 06:37 AM
Looks like it's Lorena's time for growth. As Mayor Pro-tem, we were in the process of negotiations with a number of commercial entities this summer when a developer walks in and says he wants to build 260 $600,000+ homes in Lorena. We said.."o.k.". Actually he said he was going to build 180 with septic. We said we could get him sewer which allows him to up it to 260. 10 houses around a lake he is building will be $1M each. We fought really hard with TxDot during I-35 expansion. The new theory for exits is to be placed up to two miles before your town. We fought for exits to be actually right in Lorena, making Lorena very appealing for commercial properties. No truck stops. Famiy Travel Centers like Jerrell has. A couple of medium to large box stores. We are completely surrounded by big brother Waco, but we should be able to avoid the traffic problems the CS is dealing with.

coach
08-29-2017, 07:25 AM
I heard they called the scrimmage early bc Fairfield showed up and neither didn't want to mess with that buzz saw.

Bosqueville
08-29-2017, 08:12 AM
I heard they called the scrimmage early bc Fairfield showed up and neither didn't want to mess with that buzz saw.

Fake news.... :lies:

Rocket Man
08-29-2017, 01:11 PM
Fake news.... :lies:

:spitlol::spitlol:

PurplePop
08-29-2017, 01:26 PM
Looks like it's Lorena's time for growth. As Mayor Pro-tem, we were in the process of negotiations with a number of commercial entities this summer when a developer walks in and says he wants to build 260 $600,000+ homes in Lorena. We said.."o.k.". Actually he said he was going to build 180 with septic. We said we could get him sewer which allows him to up it to 260. 10 houses around a lake he is building will be $1M each. We fought really hard with TxDot during I-35 expansion. The new theory for exits is to be placed up to two miles before your town. We fought for exits to be actually right in Lorena, making Lorena very appealing for commercial properties. No truck stops. Famiy Travel Centers like Jerrell has. A couple of medium to large box stores. We are completely surrounded by big brother Waco, but we should be able to avoid the traffic problems the CS is dealing with.

Just out of demographic curiosity, who is going to buy those $600k and $1M houses? Does Texas have a Silicon Valley up there?

Bosqueville
08-29-2017, 01:53 PM
Just out of demographic curiosity, who is going to buy those $600k and $1M houses? Does Texas have a Silicon Valley up there?

You would be surprised. Drive around far West Waco in the Badger Ranch and Hidden Valley subdivisions and see all the million dollar houses. There is big money in McLennan County.

PurplePop
08-29-2017, 02:20 PM
You would be surprised. Drive around far West Waco in the Badger Ranch and Hidden Valley subdivisions and see all the million dollar houses. There is big money in McLennan County.

Yea. After I made that comment, I google mapped Lorena. I didn't realize it was only 15 miles or so from Waco. I thought it was at least 30 miles away. That's a great spot. Close to Waco, small town atmosphere and interstate access.

FB-fanatic
08-29-2017, 03:23 PM
Yea. After I made that comment, I google mapped Lorena. I didn't realize it was only 15 miles or so from Waco. I thought it was at least 30 miles away. That's a great spot. Close to Waco, small town atmosphere and interstate access.

Plus Chip and Joanne. Folks flying into airport to just spend 3 days in Waco visiting the Silos. My wife was flipping channels and she paused on some series on ABC about high fashion. The snooty snobby clothing line manager said "do a quick poll on fashion avenue NY, fashion avenue LA, and Magnolia Market to see what the latest clothing buzz is...".

We also get quite a number of Baylor Profs and Hillcrest/Scott and White doctors.

The developer is billing it as "..15 minutes from anywhere..."

FB-fanatic
08-29-2017, 03:24 PM

This builder is Jose Loera, who put million dollar homes at Hidden Valley.

FB-fanatic
08-31-2017, 11:18 AM

Will Johnson be the starting QB? My boy played against his older brother.

Bosqueville
08-31-2017, 01:34 PM
Will Johnson be the starting QB? My boy played against his older brother.

Yes he will. He's coming along very nicely! He's just an all around great athlete.

Bosqueville
08-31-2017, 09:47 PM
Freshmen- China Spring 26 Lorena 6
JV Lorena 21 CS 6

FB-fanatic
09-01-2017, 08:44 PM
7-7 halftime. Both qbs have missed a couple of open deep receivers. Opening drive for CS goes to the LL 3, Lorena stops them on 3rd,then China Spring misses Field Goel. Lorena scores with 3 sec before half.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

FB-fanatic
09-01-2017, 09:13 PM
21-7 CS 8:31 3rd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk