PDA

View Full Version : West Texas Question?

Eagle1
07-25-2017, 02:43 PM
I travel in West Texas and want to ask a question to our West Texas folks or those familiar. What would be the top five 4a West Texas towns to coach in? I would have to say. 1. Monahans 2 Andrews 3. Sweetwater 4. Seminole 5. Vernon

Razorback88
07-25-2017, 04:52 PM
That's pretty close to what I'd say. Andrews finished 5th or 6th in the lone star cup this year and they have a lot of kids and deep purses. Only Wylie finished ahead of them in West Texas. Seminole, Monahans and Sweetwater are up there as well.

Halup
07-27-2017, 10:08 AM
I travel in West Texas and want to ask a question to our West Texas folks or those familiar. What would be the top five 4a West Texas towns to coach in? I would have to say. 1. Monahans 2 Andrews 3. Sweetwater 4. Seminole 5. Vernon

Monahans and Sweetwater for sure. Monahans has advanced beyond first round of the playoffs every year since Owens arrived in 2005. Two Semi-final appearances; but not yet able to get to the big dance. Sweetwater has a longstanding tradition. They were down for several years, but are stronger than horseradish under their present coach. Andrews and Seminole are up and down, depending on the coaching staff. At present, they both are very good. Vernon is a far cry from West Texas. Keep an eye out for Greenwood. They have good talent and their new coach had good success at Levelland.