PDA

View Full Version : Live opening-night broadcast to include Gilmer, more UIL news

buckeyebob
07-25-2017, 06:14 AM
https://www.etvarsity.com/news/2017/jul/24/et-football-live-opening-night-broadcast-to-includ/

This may be a new way to see Texas Friday Night lights...congratulations to Gilmer & Liberty Eylau

d0tc0m
07-25-2017, 09:07 AM
https://www.etvarsity.com/news/2017/jul/24/et-football-live-opening-night-broadcast-to-includ/

This may be a new way to see Texas Friday Night lights...congratulations to Gilmer & Liberty Eylau

Congrats Gilmer and Liberty-Eylau! I don't know much about what the Leopards bring back, but I imagine the Buckeyes will be a heavy favorite. I'm excited, though, because even in Missouri, I get FSSW, and I should be able to watch this matchup. Can't wait!

Aesculus gilmus
07-25-2017, 10:50 AM
Liberty-Eylau is at home and has played us down to the wire both in Gilmer and Tyler the last two seasons. So, no, we won't be heavy favorites.

waterboy
07-25-2017, 11:35 AM
The whole game won't be aired, just look-ins, if I read the article right. Maybe the Texarkana TV station will be televising it?

d0tc0m
07-25-2017, 12:20 PM
The whole game won't be aired, just look-ins, if I read the article right. Maybe the Texarkana TV station will be televising it?

Yes, that's what I read too. My post was confusing, though.

And, maybe LE plays Gilmer close. They certainly have the athletes to do so, and if Gilmer's defense is as lacking right now as some Buckeye posters seem to think, then this could be another barnburner. But, at the end of the day, Poppy Brown is the x-factor, and he automatically makes Gilmer the favorite in every game - the Carthage matchup not withstanding.

waterboy
07-25-2017, 01:06 PM
This match up has become a rivalry over the last decade. L-E has always played us close, except for maybe a couple of times when we had our better teams and they were down a little. It will likely be within a couple of TDs either way. I do think Gilmer will win, but it won't be easy, in my opinion. We will find out a lot about this year's team early.

buckeyebob
07-25-2017, 01:24 PM
I say we gotta "D" this year...24 days till Kilgore

Aesculus gilmus
07-25-2017, 04:11 PM

I was hoping that might be the case myself, but on that same night, Pleasant Grove is hosting Arkansas High, so I am almost certain that TV station will televise that one since both are Texarkana teams.

WOSgrad
07-25-2017, 06:48 PM
I was hoping that might be the case myself, but on that same night, Pleasant Grove is hosting Arkansas High, so I am almost certain that TV station will televise that one since both are Texarkana teams.

I was under the impression that the only outfit that was granted rights to a live TV broadcast was FSSW. Am I wrong about that?

Aesculus gilmus
07-25-2017, 07:17 PM
I was under the impression that the only outfit that was granted rights to a live TV broadcast was FSSW. Am I wrong about that?

It's a delayed broadcast. Sorry for not clarifying. I don't know what time it airs over that station. They upload the games that they do televise to YouTube a couple of days later. https://www.youtube.com/user/KLFItvTexarkana

WOSgrad
07-25-2017, 07:30 PM
Oh, ok.