PDA

View Full Version : Recon Glimer will be the do all end all this year?

bobcat1
07-19-2017, 09:41 PM
What say ye?:taunt:

WOS87
07-19-2017, 09:56 PM
You go ahead and hold on to that #1 ranking through week 15. Won't hurt my feelings at all. ;)

bobcat1
07-19-2017, 10:01 PM
You go ahead and hold on to that #1 ranking through week 15. Won't hurt my feelings at all. ;)I'm not from Glimer.

WOS87
07-19-2017, 10:13 PM
I'm not from Glimer.

I know. That was the joke. When Gilmer loses to Carthage and WOS loses to Kennedale and Cuero plays anyone in R4. ;) You will be though. :D

Just stirring a little pre-season pot.

bobcat1
07-20-2017, 06:26 AM
I always thought one was to back the team that took you out. :thinking: Besides the championship is still WOS's to lose. Tradition says they reload and come after it again for a 3 peat.

d0tc0m
07-20-2017, 07:32 AM
What say ye?:taunt:

Well, I did see a comment on that other site that I thought was pretty funny. Something along the lines of: Poppy Brown would be in the top 10 if he were a team by himself. That's probably accurate. The kid will - barring anything crazy - throw for over 5,000 yards this season, probably. Like most years, Gilmer will be able to outscore anyone. You'll need a special defense to bring down the Buckeyes, I think.

As a sidenote, when venturing over to that other site, use caution. There is a wolf in sheep's clothing over there, who has flip-flopped the team he supports. He's handing out bad information too. I just can't tell if he's doing in on purpose or if he is just genuinely uninformed (likely this). I won't put any names on blast, but I'll say that his IP address here is the exact same as his IP address there.

lostaussie
07-20-2017, 09:21 AM
Stupidest thread ever:D

d0tc0m
07-20-2017, 10:05 AM

Could this Gilmer team compete with the top 5A/6A teams?

d0tc0m
07-20-2017, 10:12 AM

Could this Gilmer team have beaten last year's WOS squad?

d0tc0m
07-20-2017, 10:12 AM

Would this Gilmer team have scored on the '83 Daingerfield team?

I'll hang up and listen.

lostaussie
07-20-2017, 10:20 AM

I'll hang up and listen.

Yes. Multiple times:D

lostaussie
07-20-2017, 10:24 AM

Not the powerhouses

lostaussie
07-20-2017, 10:25 AM

We don't have to. We just have to beat this years teams that come up on the schedule.

bobcat1
07-20-2017, 12:57 PM
Stupidest thread ever:D:taunt:

waterboy
07-20-2017, 01:33 PM

Compete? Yes, but not very well. Beat? No.

waterboy
07-20-2017, 01:35 PM

Only if we learn how to play defense, and cut out the mistakes on offense.

Aesculus gilmus
07-20-2017, 01:40 PM
The jury is definitely out on the Buckeyes until we find out what kind of a defense will take the field.

It doesn't have to be great, but it does have to do better than allowing 27 points per game (2016 average).

I just don't like all the hype surrounding this team. I think a lot of the hypesters will be feeling a bit deflated on the morning of Sept. 24.

After all, that Carthage team taking the field in Gilmer the night before is no doubt one of the greatest teams of all time.

waterboy
07-20-2017, 01:45 PM

I'll hang up and listen.

I'd like to see that matchup just to see if we could score. We wouldn't be able to stop that '83 Tiger offense, though, because we haven't learned how to play defense yet.

Just to add to this discussion, imagine us being as good on defense as we are on offense...:eek:

d0tc0m
07-20-2017, 01:49 PM
I'd like to see that matchup just to see if we could score. We wouldn't be able to stop that '83 Tiger offense, though, because we haven't learned how to play defense yet.

Just to add to this discussion, imagine us being as good on defense as we are on offense...:eek:

Then you'd be Super Bowl champions, CFP Champions and whatever other champion you'd want to be.

waterboy
07-20-2017, 01:51 PM
The jury is definitely out on the Buckeyes until we find out what kind of a defense will take the field.

It doesn't have to be great, but it does have to do better than allowing 27 points per game (2016 average).

I just don't like all the hype surrounding this team. I think a lot of the hypesters will be feeling a bit deflated on the morning of Sept. 24.

After all, that Carthage team taking the field in Gilmer the night before is no doubt one of the greatest teams of all time.

Agreed. Carthage will likely light us up good if we haven't learned how to play better defensively, AND stop the mistakes that plagued our offense last year. I just hope we don't get embarrassed by the Dawgs. IF we were to pull the upset........., I'd be ecstatic.

waterboy
07-20-2017, 01:53 PM
Then you'd be Super Bowl champions, CFP Champions and whatever other champion you'd want to be.

:doh::spitlol:

I do think we would have a real dynasty on our hands, though......in 4A-D2.

Dawgs
07-20-2017, 03:11 PM

Haha, why you messing around? Just cause C&C said it don't make it true!

Dawgs
07-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Agreed. Carthage will likely light us up good if we haven't learned how to play better defensively, AND stop the mistakes that plagued our offense last year. I just hope we don't get embarrassed by the Dawgs. IF we were to pull the upset........., I'd be ecstatic.

Are y'all gonna be sand bagging all the way up until the game?

buckeyebob
07-20-2017, 04:47 PM
Only 28 days & we head to Kilgore for Scrimmage #1...we shall see

lostaussie
07-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Have you ever known us to sandbag? We like scoring half a hundred

bobcat1
07-20-2017, 04:51 PM
Have you ever known us to sandbag? We like scoring half a hundred
That's fine as long as you only give up 49.

lostaussie
07-20-2017, 06:57 PM
That's fine as long as you only give up 49.

Lol. I can recall once without even thinking hard that this happened:D

waterboy
07-21-2017, 01:35 PM
Are y'all gonna be sand bagging all the way up until the game?

It would only be sandbagging if I felt differently. I have no reason to believe at this point that y'all won't be a better team than us, and even gave you reasons why. I hope I'm wrong because I would love to see us beat Carthage. We would have improve tremendously for that to even be a possibility, in my opinion.

cowboyandchrist
07-21-2017, 01:38 PM
The Dawg QB'S did well in 7 on 7.
I want to see what they do when pressured or hit.
I believe the Dawg D will be the best we have had since Coach S has been at Carthage.
If the QB who ever it is can just do the things he is asked to do, then this Dawg team can be mentioned in the same conversation with the 2008 Dawgs.
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.
By the way, the storm is forming.