PDA

View Full Version : Reg 4 Pre-District toughness

Chris Hart
07-01-2002, 03:21 PM
I just wanted to mention Burnet's pre-district schedule as one that I see most challenging. They open at Austin Reagan #4 in 4A pre-season poll,Gatesville is only one year removed from a State title and have 7-6 starters back from last years 9-3 team.Midland Christian has won the last two State titles in private schools.Killeen Shoemaker is a mediocre 4A team and Marlin returns 9-9 starters from last years area finalist team.That is a very rough start.I believe it will make or break their team, If they can come out of it with 3 or 4 wins they will gain alot of confidence and should make a run.But if they come out with under 3 wins it could destroy their confidence.I am hoping that Coach Shipley knows what he is doing.I would like to know some other challenging pre-district schedules in Reg 4.

Go Big Green!

Chris Hart
07-01-2002, 10:48 PM
No other tough schedules?Must be nice

HSFOOTBALLROCKS
07-02-2002, 09:24 AM
Hey Chris,
Burnet has a tough one. Here is 30-AAA teams pre-district skeds.
West Oso: San Diego, Falfurrias, Yoakum, Freer, Kenedy
Taft: Odem, Orange Grove, Skidmore-Tynan, George West, Three Rivers
Aransas Pass: Rockport, Flour Bluff, Refugio, Wharton, Boling
Ingleside: Pt. Lavaca, Orange Grove, Falfurrias, Sealy, Ganado
Mathis: Orange Grove, Refugio, Pearsall, Hebronville, Zapata
Sinton: Raymondville, Gregory-Portland, Altair Rice, Orange Grove, Cuero

[This message has been edited by HSFOOTBALLROCKS (edited July 02, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by HSFOOTBALLROCKS (edited July 03, 2002).]

pirate4state
07-02-2002, 11:06 AM
Sinton will also play Cuero in pre-district.

bigcat8
07-02-2002, 11:53 AM
how about Gonzales? who do they play and how good will they be?

SintonFan
07-02-2002, 01:58 PM
Sinton-GP game will be a tough one. GP has all that pride and won't want lil ole Sinton to upstage them. Anytime Sinton and Cuero play sparks fly (at least recently).

M.PIRATEFAN
07-02-2002, 04:10 PM
Say hsfootballrocks, that last game maybe be against Goliad.Thats what i heard.Not positive. Anyways, should be some good pre district games.What these games do is help us where we need to work on like positions. Should be another good game against those bobcats.Say sinton yall have a some tough games.Cuero is going to have a good team.My friends brother plays on team and he is big without the pads.That boy is cornfed!!!!!!!!!Anyways,about Gonzales, they have that running back Joseph Gonzales but not qb or wr.Can't wait to see how it goes.

bd62
07-03-2002, 04:57 AM
looks to me like burnet schedule is as tough as you can get unless you picked up a 5a schoool also.they get thru that with only 1 or 2 losses look out.
gonzales and cuero also have pretty tough non dist. schedule. i know gonzales plays elgin 1st game and i think lagrange is on their schedule.cuero has sinton, altar rice, and edna for sure. yoakum has lagrange,giddings, and edna.
if you want to get ready for dist. and playoffs you need to play teams that can beat you. a loss in non-dist. is not a bad thing.you need to find out your weakness so you can work on them.you sure dont want to find them in dist.
you ask what gonzales has this year. they have a new coach that is bringing a new system. he is defensive minded and they do have several very good defensive players back. have a excellent rb in jason gonzales.
will have to find a qb. good help from j.v.
probably overall less talent but with new coach i understand more displine.

Crow22
07-03-2002, 08:48 AM
Rice has

East Bernard
Sinton
Cuero
Columbus
Bellville

That's pretty nasty.

HSFOOTBALLROCKS
07-03-2002, 10:31 AM
Just finished looking at Cuero's schedule. Wow! Brutal non-district sked. Doesn't get much better in district. That is why they are good year in year out. Pays to play the big boys, only makes you a big boy. Coach Littleton will have them ready, as always.

bigcat8
07-03-2002, 11:56 AM
Cuero has traditionally taken on all comers....
Originally posted by HSFOOTBALLROCKS:
Just finished looking at Cuero's schedule. Wow! Brutal non-district sked. Doesn't get much better in district. That is why they are good year in year out. Pays to play the big boys, only makes you a big boy. Coach Littleton will have them ready, as always.

BellvilleDude
07-03-2002, 04:43 PM
BELLVILLE

AUG 30 ROCKDALE A 7:30
SEP 06 CAMERON H 7:30
SEP 13 ST THOMAS H 7:30
SEP 20 ELGIN A 7:30
SEP 27 RICE CONS A 7:30

Old Green
07-03-2002, 08:09 PM
I heard about Cuero's schedule a couple weeks ago but never got around to posting it. Brutal schedule with four playoff teams from last year and old district foe Edna who gave Cuero all they could handle. If they make it thru this they will be a team to reckon with. GO MEAN GREEN!

htownfbman
07-06-2002, 09:25 PM
wharton plays columbus, el campo, brazosport, aransas pass, and navasota