PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill and Burnet

Celina8
07-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Had the chance to drive up hwy 29 to Liberty Hill and Burnet. The last time I actually saw these two towns was 1990 I think and wow so much has changed. Must say that I was surprised at the amount of traffic I encountered during my drive. Liberty Hill really impressed me they have a beautiful new High School and the stadium was very impressive. I saw in the paper that next Feb they will probably be moving up a classification but they do have good depth and have been preparing for this jump. I hope to make a game or two since I have moved to Pflugerville but just cannot get into the excitement of trying to support 3 high schools in one city. Burnet surprised me as to it size as it is much bigger than I remember and almost 12,000 people as told by a few local residents. I did drive to their stadium which the turf look great but the stadium itself needs to be updated along with the baseball field. Still , I saw some kids out by the school throwing the football and looked to be working out . They all looked like good athletes and I am sure they will have a great season.

LHPfactory
07-16-2017, 11:05 PM
It has grown like crazy around here. I know our football program is in good hands. We will be ready for the bump, LH has resolve to kick the door in on 5A.
http://www.statesman.com/sports/high-school-football/liberty-hill-football-will-stay-old-school-and-proud/JOH1sWhGQ9erbhBbzecbLJ/

d0tc0m
07-17-2017, 07:31 AM
It has grown like crazy around here. I know our football program is in good hands. We will be ready for the bump, LH has resolve to kick the door in on 5A.
http://www.statesman.com/sports/high-school-football/liberty-hill-football-will-stay-old-school-and-proud/JOH1sWhGQ9erbhBbzecbLJ/

Sounds like LH got the right man for the job. I sure will be sad to see you guys get bumped up, though. Just won't feel right.

slingshot
07-17-2017, 10:23 AM
Sounds like LH got the right man for the job. I sure will be sad to see you guys get bumped up, though. Just won't feel right.Suspect we'll be joining them next cycle in 5A... a ton of new construction in the Wylie/Potosi area the last few years and now hearing they are planning on 1200 new homes in a couple of large subdivisions. Wylie ISD is planning a new elementary and Jr High east of Highway 84 in preparation for the growth. Will miss you guys after this coming season!

d0tc0m
07-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Suspect we'll be joining them next cycle in 5A... a ton of new construction in the Wylie/Potosi area the last few years and now hearing they are planning on 1200 new homes in a couple of large subdivisions. Wylie ISD is planning a new elementary and Jr High east of Highway 84 in preparation for the growth. Will miss you guys after this coming season!

Celina won't be far behind all of you.

Rabid Cougar
07-17-2017, 04:50 PM
..are still in the same District as LaVega and China Spring.

panfan
07-18-2017, 01:46 PM
for this upcoming year, yes LH and Burnet are still in the same district as LV and CS. Sure wish I knew what was coming down the pipe here in LH, but all the kiddos I know have now graduated. Factory probably knows but he is keeping quiet. I know we here in the Hill are expecting some good things though, several new coaches, new level of intensity, etc. Ought to be fun anyways.

There has been tremendous growth out this way, maybe we got us a move in or two who are ready to go. Speedy runny back or two would be nice.

Rocket Man
07-18-2017, 08:23 PM
A thread on Barneys & Brunettes; where in the Sam Hill is CAM??

LHPfactory
07-19-2017, 09:01 PM
for this upcoming year, yes LH and Burnet are still in the same district as LV and CS. Sure wish I knew what was coming down the pipe here in LH, but all the kiddos I know have now graduated. Factory probably knows but he is keeping quiet. I know we here in the Hill are expecting some good things though, several new coaches, new level of intensity, etc. Ought to be fun anyways.

There has been tremendous growth out this way, maybe we got us a move in or two who are ready to go. Speedy runny back or two would be nice.

:sleeping::1popcorn: shhhhhhh
Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc

Leopard4Life
07-19-2017, 09:16 PM
Looked at LH's TEA numbers and there are only 1102 from 8th - 11th grade. Don't think they will move up this alignment. The snapshot occurs in October.

greendawg84
07-20-2017, 10:44 AM

Maybe a quarterback who can throw !!!!!?????

panfan
07-20-2017, 11:32 AM

oh now G-dawg - you know we don't need no qb that can throw, except once or twice a game or every 3rd or fourth game.

LHPfactory
07-20-2017, 05:08 PM

We threw 3 TD passes vs Burnet last season..... do yall really want more of that Greendawg.... ?

greendawg84
07-21-2017, 12:25 PM
We threw 3 TD passes vs Burnet last season..... do yall really want more of that Greendawg.... ?

With the D we had last year yall should have thrown 10 !!!!:ack!:

solocam
07-21-2017, 06:52 PM
Panthers only have 5 starters returning but should still be pretty good

lostaussie
07-21-2017, 08:49 PM
oh now G-dawg - you know we don't need no qb that can throw, except once or twice a game or every 3rd or fourth game.

How many years since LH threw a pass on 1st down? Lol

bobcat1
07-21-2017, 09:23 PM
How many years since LH threw a pass on 1st down? Lol
They did it in 2006 in the State game if I remember right but hell I'm old.

lostaussie
07-21-2017, 09:52 PM
When they beat us they didn't throw one on 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th down:D

bobcat1
07-22-2017, 02:31 PM
When they beat us they didn't throw one on 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th down:DThey was using all the tricks on us in that game. Who knew the tight end could catch?

LH Panther Mom
07-23-2017, 09:19 PM
:crazy1:

What is this throwing you speak of? :crazy1:

Rabid Cougar
07-24-2017, 05:19 PM
:crazy1:

What is this throwing you speak of? :crazy1:

You know.... what China Spring has been doing the past several years.