PDA

View Full Version : Pigskin Preps 2017 preseason quarter-finalists and picks for 4A DI & DII

Sweetwater Red
07-14-2017, 02:14 PM
Just for fun. So, don't any of you snowflakes get bent out of shape if your team isn't mentioned.
Also, yes the entire state realizes they still have to play the games and those games are settled
on the field not in algorithms. Blah, blah, blah

4A DII

Region I

Monahans by 3 over Sweetwater (This may or may not change after we play in week 10)

Region II

Gilmer by 11 over Celina (Surprised it's not more)

Region III

West Orange Stark by 15 over Giddings ( WOS just waiting to play at AT&T... again)

Region IV

Cuero by 7 over Wimberley (May very well be Sinton here instead of the Texans)

4A DI

Region I

Argyle by 12 over Andrews (Argyle a 5 point favorite over Wylie in the regional round)

Region II

Kennedale by 7 over Van (Know nothing about these two)

Region III

Carthage by 18 over Henderson (Battle of the billion dollar scoreboards)

Region IV

Waco La Vega by 12 over China Spring (Is it okay to put Waco in front of La Vega?)

lostaussie
07-14-2017, 04:18 PM
I wish there was some snowflakes. It's too dang hot over here!!!!

d0tc0m
07-14-2017, 04:21 PM
WOS probably would've gotten to state each of the past three seasons, regardless, but, my Lord, Region III has been a cakewalk for two alignments now. Hopefully, Giddings and a few others have made enough strides to actually give the Mustangs a game. One thing is for sure, WOS should get a whale of a game in the semifinals this year. Wouldn't mind WOS/Cuero or WOS/Wimberley. The latter just harkens back to 2005.

bobcat1
07-14-2017, 06:21 PM
Surprised it's not more too Red.

d0tc0m
07-14-2017, 07:14 PM
Surprised it's not more too Red.

They tend to not go too crazy in the spreads during those types of games. If both teams make it there, come December, I imagine Gilmer will be favored by much more than 11.

Rabid Cougar
07-14-2017, 09:11 PM
Just for fun. So, don't any of you snowflakes get bent out of shape if your team isn't mentioned.
Also, yes the entire state realizes they still have to play the games and those games are settled
on the field not in algorithms. Blah, blah, blah

4A DII

Region IV

Waco La Vega by 12 over China Spring (Is it okay to put Waco in front of La Vega?)

It's in Bellmead......

WOS87
07-14-2017, 10:45 PM
WOS probably would've gotten to state each of the past three seasons, regardless, but, my Lord, Region III has been a cakewalk for two alignments now. Hopefully, Giddings and a few others have made enough strides to actually give the Mustangs a game. One thing is for sure, WOS should get a whale of a game in the semifinals this year. Wouldn't mind WOS/Cuero or WOS/Wimberley. The latter just harkens back to 2005.

More Slot-T!! Right? :thumbsup: Everyone knows that's the bane to our existence.

We'd adore a rematch with Giddings, Cuero, Sinton, or especially Wimberley. Wouldn't mind Navarro again either. ;)

Rocket Man
07-15-2017, 02:54 AM
It's in Bellmead......

At least they left the S off Spring!!

As for the Rockets, I'll be happy with a winning season record.

Bosqueville
07-15-2017, 09:30 AM
They want nothing to do with the name Bellmead..

Rabid Cougar
07-15-2017, 10:26 AM
At least they left the S off Spring!!

As for the Rockets, I'll be happy with a winning season record.

I was looking at an old McLennan County map from 1918 and I found that Robinson used to have another name. Even had its own highway. I proclaim that you now live in Robinsonville.

Rabid Cougar
07-15-2017, 10:29 AM
They want nothing to do with the name Bellmead..

Ask any old LaVega Pirate what town their school is in. They are not hard to find. Most of the ones my age live in China Spring.

Rocket Man
07-15-2017, 11:41 AM
I was looking at an old McLennan County map from 1918 and I found that Robinson used to have another name. Even had its own highway. I proclaim that you now live in Robinsonville.

Oh, those were the days! 'Ville was cast off 'cause it took too much time to spell. We have two highways now 6 & 77!!

A bit of High School history, the mascot choices at the time it was being formed were Rockets & Rebels.

Sweetwater Red
07-17-2017, 11:47 AM
I wish there was some snowflakes. It's too dang hot over here!!!!

Ha! We were in Miami and the Bahamas last week and the only good thing about vacation
being over was getting to come back to Texas to cool off.

Sweetwater Red
07-17-2017, 11:48 AM
It's in Bellmead......

I'll try to keep that in mind when sharing his stuff.

Rabid Cougar
07-17-2017, 05:04 PM
Oh, those were the days! 'Ville was cast off 'cause it took too much time to spell. We have two highways now 6 & 77!!

A bit of High School history, the mascot choices at the time it was being formed were Rockets & Rebels.

We just kept the colors and mascot of Reicher Catholic HS after all of CS equipment was burned up when the school's gym exploded. They loaned CS unis and equipment. CS used to be Brown and White.

Rocket Man
07-18-2017, 08:21 AM
We just kept the colors and mascot of Reicher Catholic HS after all of CS equipment was burned up when the school's gym exploded. They loaned CS unis and equipment. CS used to be Brown and White.

I did not know that. When did it happen?

d0tc0m
07-18-2017, 08:25 AM

What a blessing in disguise! Powder blue and white, with those darker blue accents, is quite pleasant to look at. Much better than brown and white.