PDA

View Full Version : My 2017 TXHSFB Schedule

Matthew328
07-11-2017, 09:26 PM
http://www.texasfootball.com/stepps-2017-txhsfb-schedule/

toddg
07-12-2017, 01:47 AM
Too bad you will be in El Paso in week 7, Midlothian Heritage @Alvarado would've been a great Friday game for you.

Saggy Aggie
07-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Abilene to Nederland will be a pretty good drive

Weebe
07-12-2017, 11:06 AM
You have a wedding or something in El Paso in week 7?

d0tc0m
07-12-2017, 12:29 PM
http://www.texasfootball.com/stepps-2017-txhsfb-schedule/

How do you go about deciding your schedule, Matt? Some of these games seem like no-brainers. Others are headscratchers, and some seem downright laughable. But I know you have your reasons for choosing them, so I was hoping you could give us some insight.

Scoop27
07-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Week 11 - Class 3A = Boling at East Bernard

buckeyebob
07-12-2017, 05:00 PM
Week 4 Saturday...ought to be a barn burner

Matthew328
07-12-2017, 08:16 PM
Abilene to Nederland will be a pretty good drive

Flying....lol

Matthew328
07-12-2017, 08:17 PM
You have a wedding or something in El Paso in week 7?

No but its been 3 years since I've been out there for games..if I'm gonna claim to be a statewide guy I need to make sure I take care of the entire state!

Matthew328
07-12-2017, 08:20 PM
How do you go about deciding your schedule, Matt? Some of these games seem like no-brainers. Others are headscratchers, and some seem downright laughable. But I know you have your reasons for choosing them, so I was hoping you could give us some insight.

It's a combination of things....I work around my schedule at my day job....I try to spend a weekend either in the Valley or El Paso every year....I choose Week 7 in El Paso this year because I can maximize games since they have a Thur and Fri double header....I try to get to Houston twice and San Antonio twice on Saturdays......I also try and visit teams and stadiums I've never been to before....other than that I try to find good games in DFW on most other Thursday's and Fridays since I work until 4pm so I can't travel all that far along with working games for both newspapers in DFW....

d0tc0m
07-12-2017, 08:39 PM
It's a combination of things....I work around my schedule at my day job....I try to spend a weekend either in the Valley or El Paso every year....I choose Week 7 in El Paso this year because I can maximize games since they have a Thur and Fri double header....I try to get to Houston twice and San Antonio twice on Saturdays......I also try and visit teams and stadiums I've never been to before....other than that I try to find good games in DFW on most other Thursday's and Fridays since I work until 4pm so I can't travel all that far along with working games for both newspapers in DFW....

All that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the insight. I'd be interested to know the amount of miles you'll log this season - flying and driving.

I know here in the Springfield area, the big sports coverage site (The Ozarks Sports Zone) didn't hire me when they were first starting about 7 years ago, because they said my vision was too big when I told them we could cover every school in the state and not just southwest Missouri. I knew it wasn't a good fit when I told them my long term plan and they said, 'That's quite a vision,' to which I replied, 'Yes. Hell of a vision.' I got nothing but blank stares from the two Missourians and the Kansan sitting across from me. If the O-Zone folks saw your schedule, Matt, they'd deem it impossible.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-12-2017, 08:52 PM
It's a combination of things....I work around my schedule at my day job....I try to spend a weekend either in the Valley or El Paso every year....I choose Week 7 in El Paso this year because I can maximize games since they have a Thur and Fri double header....I try to get to Houston twice and San Antonio twice on Saturdays......I also try and visit teams and stadiums I've never been to before....other than that I try to find good games in DFW on most other Thursday's and Fridays since I work until 4pm so I can't travel all that far along with working games for both newspapers in DFW....One of these years you need to see another Sinton game, think you've mention only time seeing Sinton was against Everman in the state championship game in 2001. Was hoping to see Sinton at Cuero in your list. Well, have fun and enjoy the games this season you attend.

lostaussie
07-13-2017, 08:43 AM
Will this be your 1st trip to Gilmer for a game?

Matthew328
07-13-2017, 08:33 PM
Will this be your 1st trip to Gilmer for a game?

Yes sir

WOS87
07-14-2017, 12:56 AM
You misspelled WOS vs Kennedale in Nacogdoches. Just sayin'