PDA

View Full Version : Ipad Question -

44INAROW
06-27-2017, 02:27 PM
Ok, this isn't sport related - shoot me lol........ I want to get Mr44 a new Ipad for his birthday... he doesn't need anything fancy - all he does is order hunting and fishing stuff and check his email, play a few games, check Facebook and watch vidoes on You Tube. His current Ipad is so full of pics, etc and running super slow... do you guys think 16GB is enough for should I spring for the 32? and next question - should I order from the Apple Store or go to a store? Pros/Cons?
Thanks!

Blue42
06-27-2017, 02:37 PM
If you have ATT you can get one for $99 and service for $20 month, just got one and I like it.

44INAROW
06-27-2017, 03:02 PM
If you have ATT you can get one for $99 and service for $20 month, just got one and I like it.

cool - did you deal with AT&T online/phone or store... (I HATE to go to the store lol)

jason
06-27-2017, 03:28 PM
get a samsung tablet and you can add as much storage as you want...

Blue42
06-27-2017, 04:44 PM
cool - did you deal with AT&T online/phone or store... (I HATE to go to the store lol)

Got it at the store but they had to mail it as they were out at the time.

10ForTheWin
06-27-2017, 08:44 PM
What we got my Grandfather for Christmas
https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-9-7/32gb-space-gray-wifi?afid=p238%7Cszwv3Axg8-dm_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_188103690709_&cid=aos-us-kwgo-pla-ipad--slid--product-MP2F2LL/A
He loves it, has enough room for all the trail cam pics from the ranch but is also not too expensive. The ease of use you get with iPads is much better for less tech savvy people compared to android tablets. This model is also very snappy and reliable, great battery life, screen brightness, and you won't get better support services than Apple anywhere.

And this is come from a PC guy. I may be younger than all y'all but I am a Computer Information Systems major so I have a bit of knowledge in this dept. hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FB-fanatic
06-28-2017, 01:54 AM
The AT&T store is worthy of a whole other thread. You've got to make an appointment, they now want you to come in and sit at those cozy little round tables. On a Saturday, I compare the new AT&T stores to the video game rooms of the 90's and pinball and pool halls of the 70's and 80's - it's where everybody goes to on a Saturday.

44INAROW
06-28-2017, 08:14 AM
What we got my Grandfather for Christmas
https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-9-7/32gb-space-gray-wifi?afid=p238%7Cszwv3Axg8-dm_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_188103690709_&cid=aos-us-kwgo-pla-ipad--slid--product-MP2F2LL/A
He loves it, has enough room for all the trail cam pics from the ranch but is also not too expensive. The ease of use you get with iPads is much better for less tech savvy people compared to android tablets. This model is also very snappy and reliable, great battery life, screen brightness, and you won't get better support services than Apple anywhere.

And this is come from a PC guy. I may be younger than all y'all but I am a Computer Information Systems major so I have a bit of knowledge in this dept. hope it helps

Thanks everyone.... and FB Fanatic - I hear you -

10ForTheWin
06-28-2017, 09:08 AM
Thanks everyone.... and FB Fanatic - I hear you -

I would only go through att if you want an iPad with LTE (like adding it to your phone plan) but if you already have wifi at home I wouldn't go that route. If you need to use it on the road you can always use your phone for a hot spot connection. No reason to pay extra to add another device to your plan when you can just use the hotspot function on your phone