PDA

View Full Version : Ok Time For Region 2 Talk....

Matthew328
07-26-2001, 04:47 PM
To me this Region is gonna be fun....no offense Region 1 but in that Region most everyone agrees Wylie is the best team...but in Region 2 there is a lot of debate!!!
First you got Forney defending Reg. 2 champs who advanced to the D2 Texas Bowl game..they were hurt on defense and that is what put them over the top in a lot of games..but they have back the best player in the state in prolly any class in Blanton...plus they put together an unbeaten JV...lots of depth and talent..
Then Everman, they lost a lot on defense but they have everyone back on offense just about..the Bulldogs have tremendous skill people and great overall speed..they don't have the burner like Blanton but everyone Everman puts on the field is fast..if their D can come around then look out...and Everman also had an unbeaten JV and those guys got great experience on Varsity last year in the playoffs...
Ok what about Commerce? They bring back quite a bit as well...they have lots of tradition and talent..could there be another 2 games with Forney looming?? And with new Coach Cron from Mart the Tigers have a great new attitude..(at least that's what I've heard LOL)
Then you got the rest of the field which includes some excellent squads like Lindale, Gladewater, Mt. Vernon, Gainesville, Pottsboro...
Now the way I think things are gonna shake out is Forney goin D2 again and winning it over Commerce..and Everman going D1 and winning it over Lindale...

eye of the tiger
07-26-2001, 07:08 PM
hard to argue with alot of what you said, however, I think Bonham is going to be the 3rd playoff team and Forney will go Div I. It would be a grand time altogether if 11aaa takes both state titles. Obviously many obsticles in the way, but one can dream.