waterboy
06-05-2017, 08:57 AM
Clean your box, please!:thumbsup:

lostaussie
06-05-2017, 10:32 AM
It's true!!!

d0tc0m
06-05-2017, 11:40 AM
This may be a hard question to answer - or at least, hard to quantify - but how vital a piece has Kurt Taylor been to the Gilmer program over the years? And, will his absence be felt much at all?

Congrats to him, by the way, for getting the Lee job. I had a feeling when Little Matt tweeted that Lee would name its HFC today, and that said person was coming from an elite ETX program, it would be a Gilmer assistant.

lostaussie
06-05-2017, 11:58 AM
That is a question that I can't answer. Kurt did a wonderful job with the o-line, but I really don't know how much he was involved in everything else. Probably a lot more than what we see on Friday nights but I'm just not around the school like some of the other posters are. Congratulations to Kurt though. He will do well there I believe. He is very very passionate about what he does.

lostaussie
06-05-2017, 12:52 PM
http://etsn.fm/gilmer-assistant-kurt-traylor-to-be-named-tyler-lee-football-coach/

waterboy
06-05-2017, 03:26 PM
I think Kurt has played a HUGE role in making the HCs (Jeff, and now Turner) successful. I think the trenches is where the game is won and lost, and with Gilmer being a offensive team first, the loss of Kurt Traylor will be big. Kurt is one of the best offensive line coaches in the state. Just ask his peers what they think of his coaching ability. I don't know how many times I've seen offensive linemen still blocking 20, 30, or even 40 yards downfield on a play. Whether the impact of losing Kurt will affect Gilmer's offense right away is something that is just a wait and see, but it's likely to be significant over time.

Tyler Lee just got one of the best coaches in the state, in my opinion. With this being his first head coaching position, it may take some time to get that particular program where it needs to be. Like any head coach, he will have to have the freedom and backing to surround himself with other good coaches to rebound a program that hasn't been very good for a long time. It will require patience. I have no doubt in his ability to do it, however.

Good luck to Kurt, thanks, and we'll miss you.

waterboy
06-05-2017, 03:26 PM
It's true!!!

I know it's true, but that wasn't why I need him to clean his box!

Aesculus gilmus
06-05-2017, 05:19 PM
I just eliminated a couple of messages for now.

As far as our line goes, word on the street is that we are going to have a very talented, bigger-than-usual O-line over the next few seasons.

Our offensive coordinator just happened to stop by my office today for another reason - to publicize the Buckeye Football Camp for the younger kids.

As he left, I said, "Please don't go to Tyler!" He assured me he wasn't. "I'm going to hang in here," he said, smiling.

waterboy
06-06-2017, 09:04 AM
I just eliminated a couple of messages for now.

As far as our line goes, word on the street is that we are going to have a very talented, bigger-than-usual O-line over the next few seasons.

Our offensive coordinator just happened to stop by my office today for another reason - to publicize the Buckeye Football Camp for the younger kids.

As he left, I said, "Please don't go to Tyler!" He assured me he wasn't. "I'm going to hang in here," he said, smiling.

That would be Coach Alan Metzel, right? We most certainly can't afford to lose him!

Aesculus gilmus
06-06-2017, 04:06 PM
That would be Coach Alan Metzel, right? We most certainly can't afford to lose him!

I agree. I understand, though, that four are going with Kurt.

The good news to me is that as long as Gilmer has an elite program, up-and-coming coaches are going to want to apply here just to have it on their resume.

About 10 years ago, I decided the Buckeyes were a dynasty and stopped worrying about whether it'd keep rolling or not. I'm still not all that worried, although this is the biggest group of "defections" all at once that I ever remember.

lostaussie
06-06-2017, 04:38 PM
You have a list of who are going?

Aesculus gilmus
06-06-2017, 05:36 PM
The only one I know for sure is Colton Bunn Traylor.

buckeyebob
06-06-2017, 07:08 PM
Lipsey & Robinson too...Two more that have not turned in resignation...may or may not go

On a different front...my understanding...Nick York is coming home as Receiver Coach

Best of luck to Kurt & Family

lostaussie
06-06-2017, 08:29 PM
To be honest there really is no reason for younger coaches looking to move up not to at least think about it. If we keep the core group we will be just fine.
Really glad to hear Coach York traded in that ugly orange for a much better look. He is a good​ guy.

d0tc0m
06-06-2017, 10:03 PM
To be honest there really is no reason for younger coaches looking to move up not to at least think about it. If we keep the core group we will be just fine.
Really glad to hear Coach York traded in that ugly orange for a much better look. He is a good​ guy.

Always happy for a guy when he has a chance to go home and contribute to his alma mater. Nothing but gratitude towards Coach York and his family for what they brought to the Celina program. Gilmer has their future OC - in my opinion - coming home. Nick York is a brilliant offensive-minded coach who did absolute wonders for the Bobcats. Like I said, he'd be heir to the Buckeyes' OC throne - and possibly HC - if it were me calling the shots. Bright future for Coach York.

All these changes will cause some shake ups for Gilmer, no doubt. But that program is a big draw to highly qualified coaches. And coaching changes won't do away with the winning tradition the Buckeyes established over a decade ago. I imagine them boys in that awful shade of orange and depressing black will just keep on winning.

buckeyebob
06-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Jonny Louvier (Gladewater) will be joining the REL Staff