PDA

View Full Version : How many more smaller class SQT's are still left to be played?

lostaussie
05-30-2017, 02:21 PM
Trying to figure out if Gilmer is even trying to qualify this year?

sk1
05-30-2017, 04:02 PM
Saturday 6-3-17 is a qualifying tournament in Cuero for:
Cuero
George West
Goliad
Marion
Bay City
Brazosport
El Campo
Halletsville

Yoe_09
05-30-2017, 08:40 PM
June 2nd
Wellington
Wimberley

June 3rd
Houston
Cuero
Hurst

June 9th
Giddings
Sonora
Spring Hill

June 10th
Hitchcock
Needville
Rockport
Snyder

June 16th
Jim Ned

June 17th
Hurst
McAllen
Palestine

June 23rd
Brownwood

June 24th
Celina

d0tc0m
05-31-2017, 07:34 AM
Trying to figure out if Gilmer is even trying to qualify this year?

If Gilmer really, really wanted to, they could probably dominate 7on7. Heck, it looks like they're playing it most of the time on offense, anyway. Do the coaches just not put much stock into the whole thing? I wouldn't put much stock into it if I were a coach, but it is a good practice opportunity (pads or no pads) for most teams.

lostaussie
05-31-2017, 08:43 AM
We play a lot of tournaments and have made state a couple of times. I just didn't know if they were trying to qualify this year.

Yoe_09
05-31-2017, 05:41 PM
I think qualifying for state is great for the kids and I encourage teams to actually go to those tournaments. I do not put much stock into actual success in 7 on 7 as it translates to Friday Night. However, I do believe there are plenty of benefits (routing running, QB to WR connections, coverages, etc.) that teams can gain by being involved.

It's all about reps. It may depend on what you're running as well. In Cameron, we run what we are going to run in the fall. It only makes sense IMO.

Aesculus gilmus
06-01-2017, 06:17 AM
The Bux are traveling to Hurst SQT on Saturday. After that, they're going to play in the Spring Hill SQT on Friday, June 9.

They usually only enter two SQTs, I've noticed.

For anyone going Saturday, the field is actually at Central JH in Euless. Pool play begins at 8 a.m.

Matt Stepp breaks it down:
http://www.texasfootball.com/hurst-div-ii-sqt-pools/

waterboy
06-01-2017, 08:58 AM
At least we will know that everybody that plays 7-on-7 will be available now that baseball season is over, unless family vacations and such conflict with the schedule. It is good practice for sure. Have the Buckeyes even played any games since May 7th?

Aesculus gilmus
06-01-2017, 09:57 AM
At least we will know that everybody that plays 7-on-7 will be available now that baseball season is over, unless family vacations and such conflict with the schedule. It is good practice for sure. Have the Buckeyes even played any games since May 7th?

Yes. They went to Sulphur Springs and split two games up there against the Wildcats.

lostaussie
06-01-2017, 08:41 PM
The Bux are traveling to Hurst SQT on Saturday. After that, they're going to play in the Spring Hill SQT on Friday, June 9.

They usually only enter two SQTs, I've noticed.

For anyone going Saturday, the field is actually at Central JH in Euless. Pool play begins at 8 a.m.

Matt Stepp breaks it down:
http://www.texasfootball.com/hurst-div-ii-sqt-pools/

Thanks​. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Aesculus gilmus
06-03-2017, 08:36 AM
Matt is there at the SQT this morning. It's not raining, he said.

https://twitter.com/Matt_Stepp817

Aesculus gilmus
06-03-2017, 11:26 AM
Gilmer, Pleasant Grove and Mexia were the three state qualifiers at Hurst today. They wrapped it up early because of the weather.

Old Green
06-03-2017, 05:35 PM
Cuero and Bay city qualify for the state tournament at the Cuero SQT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk