PDA

View Full Version : Preseason District Outlooks for Football

WOS87
05-18-2017, 07:35 PM
Before all the magazines and websites start pouring out their preseason picks what are your predictions for 2017 of the districts you actually know something about?

12-4A D2

1- WOS should breeze through yet again but maybe with more than 7 points scored against them
2- Liberty should maintain their spot as the biggest threat to WOS
3- Hardin-Jefferson
4- Orangefield
5- Hamshire-Fannett

cowboyandchrist
05-22-2017, 09:55 PM
Before all the magazines and websites start pouring out their preseason picks what are your predictions for 2017 of the districts you actually know something about?

12-4A D2

1- WOS should breeze through yet again but maybe with more than 7 points scored against them
2- Liberty should maintain their spot as the biggest threat to WOS
3- Hardin-Jefferson
4- Orangefield
5- Hamshire-Fannett

(1) Carthage Dawgs
(2) Kilgore Dogs
(3) Henderson Lions
(4)Center, Palestine, and Bullard
Carthage and Kilgore could be two of the top teams in the state, they are both big time loaded.

jason
05-23-2017, 09:51 AM
stephenville already qualified for state 7 on 7 so they're obviously the favorite going into the season...

slingshot
05-23-2017, 10:07 AM
Wylie will be reloading...

briandumith*
05-23-2017, 04:20 PM
Graham should be the class of its district as Krum and Iowa Park lost most of the playmakers on their respective teams. Graham will have great leadership from the now experienced Sr. class . Also last year's JV was undefeated in district play. As they move up. I expect so will the wins.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

toddg
05-25-2017, 01:26 PM
4A Div.1 dist. 6
1. Alvarado- 1.5k rusher returning, solid OLine. Strong arm QB, with lots of speed on the outside. Fast, aggressive D, led by returning outstanding NG, defensive backfield the best we've had since 2011.
2. Midlothian Heritage- made it to 3rd rd. Playoffs in 1st year. Avg'd over 45pts. a game last year, except against Alvarado, they won 17-14.Should be another battle this year.
3. Dallas Carter- 10 defensive starters returning.
4. Wilmer-Hutchins
5. Carrollton Ranchview
6. Dallas Pinkston

*Homecoming will be game 4 vs. Brownwood..would have been game 5 vs. Jacksonville, but, it will be a Saturday 2pm start game

Red Carpet
05-25-2017, 09:48 PM
Should be a good game Todd....our younger groups split last yr so I can't wait!!!

Red Carpet
05-25-2017, 10:24 PM
District 3 4a will be a 3 headed monster this season. Should be very entertaining!!!

toddg
05-26-2017, 09:13 AM
Should be a good game Todd....our younger groups split last yr so I can't wait!!!
You got that right!! Both JV games were great games last season!!

orange machine
05-27-2017, 09:21 PM
Saw Graham last week in 7 on 7 they look good. Qb is a great leader and skill players are small but very quick and make plays.

Bosqueville
05-27-2017, 11:32 PM
1. La Vega (return veteran players. QB is a stud.)
2. China Spring (if the lines can develop the offense looks salty again.)
3. Liberty Hill (Weren't they young last year?)
4. Burnet (I think they'll get past Gatesville and Lampasas)

Rabid Cougar
05-28-2017, 09:56 AM

Agreed. CS should be better on offense. QB will be better and no drop of at RB. WR's will be very good.

Dawgs
05-28-2017, 12:09 PM

The semifinal should be another dandy. 2 beast outta the East, Carthage and Kilgore should be 2 of the top teams in the state along with LV and CS. Don't know if it will be 3 OT though!

Dawgs
05-28-2017, 12:15 PM
9 D1 is gonna be a gauntlet again this year. Kilgore and Carthage loaded. Henderson usually reloads and surprises people on years they aren't supposed to be very good. Carthage and Kilgore both have legit chances to be playing at Jerry World.

Red Carpet
05-29-2017, 09:21 PM
1. Brownwood
2. Stephenville
3. Wylie
4. Snyder
5. BS

slingshot
05-29-2017, 09:51 PM
1. Wylie
2. Stephenville
3. Brownwood
4. Snyder
5. BSThere. Fixed it for you...

Red Carpet
05-29-2017, 09:52 PM
I like it better the other way

Red Carpet
05-29-2017, 09:57 PM
1. Brownwood
2. Stephenville
3. Wylie
4. Snyder
5. BS

Should be this way for the next 2 seasons

toddg
05-29-2017, 11:20 PM
The incoming juniors for Brownwood has owned stephenville and Wylie..we faced their Sophs twice last year, very good group.

LHPfactory
05-30-2017, 05:10 AM

You should put LH at the bottom, like #5 or #6, nothing happing in the Hill.....

LHPfactory
05-30-2017, 05:22 AM
The incoming juniors for Brownwood has owned stephenville and Wylie..we faced their Sophs twice last year, very good group.

;);):evillol::evillol:

jason
05-30-2017, 09:19 AM
all of stephenville's good sophomores were on varsity (and starting) so comparing JV's is kind of a moot point....

slingshot
05-30-2017, 11:12 AM
The incoming juniors for Brownwood has owned stephenville and Wylie..we faced their Sophs twice last year, very good group.Several points... 1) Brownwood has had several 'stud' classes coming up over the last few years and it seems most of them never make it to varsity 2)Wylie has absolutely owned this district the last 5 years. Don't think we've lost a district game since 2011. Our soph class was weaker than usual last year but fortunately varsity is not dependent on one class--it is a mixture of 3 classes... and we have the master mixer. Unless Sandifer retires we win district again.

Dawgs
05-30-2017, 12:02 PM
Several points... 1) Brownwood has had several 'stud' classes coming up over the last few years and it seems most of them never make it to varsity 2)Wylie has absolutely owned this district the last 5 years. Don't think we've lost a district game since 2011. Our soph class was weaker than usual last year but fortunately varsity is not dependent on one class--it is a mixture of 3 classes... and we have the master mixer. Unless Sandifer retires we win district again.

Agree on your Brownwood points. We have been hearing "wait until next year" and "Brownwood is back" for the last 3-4 years and it never materializes. I hope it does, because I truly believe we are a better classification when Brownwood is a top tier team (or tier 1 as the guys on the show say). Wylie has owned this particular district. I was kinda surprised how dominant they have been. Not because I think AW is not doiminant, it's just because on paper this is a heck of a district. They have been undefeated since this particular district was put together in 2014. But they did lose 1 district game in 2013 and 2011 in a different district. 1 game to Monahans and 1 to Snyder. Still impressive to have gone undefeated in their current district since 2014. Take district 9 during that same time. We have not had one undefeated team any of those years, and nobody has won an outright district title. Hell Carthage was the 3rd place team this year and shared for the title the 2 previous seasons prior to this one. Wylie is by far the most consistent team in that area of Texas 4a D1. Heck of a program. They gotta be the favorite in R1 along with Argyle every year until proven otherwise.

Dawgs
05-30-2017, 12:07 PM
When is Stephenville going to bounce back? Never thought they would fall as far as they have when they 1st dropped down in 2012. 16-19 over the last 3 seasons? Very surprising. I think 4a D1 is one of the toughest and funnest divisions in the state. But we need Ville to get back to their old ways. We have lost Ville and Navasota over the last couple of years. Those were 2 of our top 10 programs in the division. I love all the parity, but the division is too small to lose our top tier teams. I hope both Ville and Navasota bounce back.

toddg
05-30-2017, 03:59 PM
all of stephenville's good sophomores were on varsity (and starting) so comparing JV's is kind of a moot point....
Where were all the juniors and seniors last season?

Red Carpet
05-30-2017, 04:01 PM
I understand what Wylie is as a program....very impressive and the class of 4a in west Texas. I just think Brownwood and Sville will be better this yr. I also understand that JV is not Varsity, but the sidelines from last year's Friday night Dawgs squad is going to have to carry the entire load. Maybe they can. Not much help coming from the JV ranks tho. I think the JV score was 38-0 at the end of the first quarter last yr. And Brownwoods sophomore group was split between JV and Varsity last year as well. I just think this district will be well represented by 3 solid teams. What separates them may be very small and it should be fun.

toddg
05-30-2017, 04:10 PM
Several points... 1) Brownwood has had several 'stud' classes coming up over the last few years and it seems most of them never make it to varsity 2)Wylie has absolutely owned this district the last 5 years. Don't think we've lost a district game since 2011. Our soph class was weaker than usual last year but fortunately varsity is not dependent on one class--it is a mixture of 3 classes... and we have the master mixer. Unless Sandifer retires we win district again.
i don't doubt Wylie should be the favorite in district, but putting Stephenville ahead of Brownwood is a stretch..and isn't about time for Snyder to make a move?

slingshot
05-30-2017, 05:29 PM
I understand what Wylie is as a program....very impressive and the class of 4a in west Texas. I just think Brownwood and Sville will be better this yr. I also understand that JV is not Varsity, but the sidelines from last year's Friday night Dawgs squad is going to have to carry the entire load. Maybe they can. Not much help coming from the JV ranks tho. I think the JV score was 38-0 at the end of the first quarter last yr. And Brownwoods sophomore group was split between JV and Varsity last year as well. I just think this district will be well represented by 3 solid teams. What separates them may be very small and it should be fun.

Everyone has an opinion... you support yours very well. I do believe we will be down compared to the last few years but will still win district and go 2-3 rounds in the playoffs. Brownwood's challenge has been and continues to be to keep the kids playing. For whatever reason that has not been the case the last 5-6 years.

Red Carpet
05-30-2017, 05:46 PM
Every season is an adventure. Good luck to all the participants in D1 district 3 4a!

LH Panther Mom
05-30-2017, 07:15 PM
You should put LH at the bottom, like #5 or #6, nothing happing in the Hill.....
:stirpot: :stirpot:

Lots of changes in The Hill. I hear some chatter about some excitement and I'm definitely looking forward to 2-a-days. :cheerl:

toddg
05-30-2017, 08:58 PM
:stirpot: :stirpot:

Lots of changes in The Hill. I hear some chatter about some excitement and I'm definitely looking forward to 2-a-days. :cheerl:see y'all in August

slingshot
05-30-2017, 10:39 PM
Every season is an adventure. Good luck to all the participants in D1 district 3 4a!Yup. It will definitely be more competitive this year. Wish I could make all the games but that will not happen. I've maybe missed a half dozen since 2003. If I'm lucky will make half. Increased work responsibilities will interfere... :rolleyes:

d0tc0m
05-31-2017, 07:30 AM
Celina should roll through DII District 5 again, but Melissa will be fairly competitive. Aubrey should put up a decent fight too, as that program is on a steady rise. Bonham, Community and Caddo Mills will battle it out for that final playoff spot.

orange machine
06-04-2017, 10:07 PM
Celina should roll through DII District 5 again, but Melissa will be fairly competitive. Aubrey should put up a decent fight too, as that program is on a steady rise. Bonham, Community and Caddo Mills will battle it out for that final playoff spot.

Celina Melissa game will be a dog fight...

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2017, 05:19 AM
see y'all in August

Is it here or there? We haven't made scrimmages since 2012 but we will make the home ones again, starting now. :)

d0tc0m
06-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Celina Melissa game will be a dog fight...

Maybe. It wasn't last year. Celina brings back an experienced defense, an experienced offensive line, some good kids at the skill spots and a pretty good little new signal caller - from what I'm told. It may end up being a really good game, but I'll still take the Bobcats - as of right now, in June - by two or three TDs.

toddg
06-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Is it here or there? We haven't made scrimmages since 2012 but we will make the home ones again, starting now. :)
It's here in Alvarado this year, not a bad drive, the 281 way.

Red Carpet
06-18-2017, 06:16 PM
Sucks to hear about Easton.....district revised:

1. Brownwood
2. Wylie
3. Villegas
4. Snyder
5. BS

speedbump
06-18-2017, 11:34 PM
D1- District 12

Flip coins, roll dice, draw the names out of a hat or use any other scientific method you want for putting the following five teams in the order they will finish-- Bay City, El Campo, Sealy, Stafford and West Columbia. Brazosport and Needville will likely be at the bottom. I doubt there will be a more evenly matched and competitive district in 4A. Gonna be a fun year.

toddg
06-18-2017, 11:42 PM
D1- District 12

Flip coins, roll dice, draw the names out of a hat or use any other scientific method you want for putting the following five teams in the order they will finish-- Bay City, El Campo, Sealy, Stafford and West Columbia. Brazosport and Needville will likely be at the bottom. I doubt there will be a more evenly matched and competitive district in 4A. Gonna be a fun year.
The epitome of "every game counts"!!

speedbump
06-19-2017, 12:00 AM
The epitome of "every game counts"!!

No doubt. I'll b the most surprised human on the planet if anyone wins all of their district games.

d0tc0m
06-19-2017, 07:28 AM
No doubt. I'll b the most surprised human on the planet if anyone wins all of their district games.

Those are fun districts. Probably more fun for outsiders than for you guys. Every week tends to take you to the edge of a nervous breakdown.