West
Connally
Hillsboro

Pool D (Lorena Middle School)
Gatesville
Whitney
Cummunity
Reicher

First DII SQT of the year. Winner of each pool will advance to semis. Winner of those games advances to state.

FB-fanatic
05-10-2017, 11:55 PM
Will get to make the Lorena vs West game, then will have to head to College Station.

Yoe_09
05-11-2017, 05:43 PM
I will be in Robinson all day. Tough to predict what is going to happen. For Cameron, it never seems to matter anyway.

Yoe_09
05-13-2017, 01:47 PM
Cameron Results
Cameron Yoe 39 Palestine 6
Cameron Yoe 49 New Diana 19
China Spring 46 Cameron Yoe 40

I'm pretty sure China Spring also had no problems with the others during pool play. As far as an assessment for Cameron, I really liked what I saw today. Offensively, the QB position and receivers are going to be solid, including Iverson Westbrook - brother of DeDe Westbrook. There were 3 locked in starters missing on defense for varying reasons, but personnel wise, I like what I see. Offensive line should be improved and all running backs return. This season is going to come down to d-line play.

I'm pretty sure China Spring was playing Navasota in the other semi. The Cougars once again have some nice looking athletes spread around the field, which is no surprise. Not sure how many if any CS has out for baseball. If anyone hears how that goes, please post.

Yoe_09
05-13-2017, 02:20 PM
Semi: China Spring 42 Navasota 27 - Cougars are one of the teams to advance to state. West qualified on the other side. Looks like they lost to Hillsboro but managed to advance on points.

Eagle1
05-14-2017, 08:36 PM
How did Hillsboro do in their games?

Yoe_09
05-14-2017, 10:50 PM
How did Hillsboro do in their games?

They had to go 2-1. Defeated Connally (25-13) and West (18-13) but had to lose to Lorena in order for West to advance to the semis. I'm not sure how that game turned out.

Rabid Cougar
05-15-2017, 06:38 PM
Semi: China Spring 42 Navasota 27 - Cougars are one of the teams to advance to state. West qualified on the other side. Looks like they lost to Hillsboro but managed to advance on points.

CS will be better than they were last year both in 7 v 7 and real.

Yoe_09
05-15-2017, 09:12 PM
CS will be better than they were last year both in 7 v 7 and real.

That would be impressive. Overall, what is CS returning on each side of the ball? What I saw Saturday was a good start.

Rabid Cougar
05-15-2017, 09:46 PM
That would be impressive. Overall, what is CS returning on each side of the ball? What I saw Saturday was a good start.

Mostly reloading with as good or better.