PDA

View Full Version : not sports related SHOOT ME

44INAROW
05-10-2017, 01:47 PM
This weekend - the Mr and I went up to Shreveport to donate some $$ to the good folks of Louisiana... We took the scenic route on Sunday, headed north from IH 10 to Grand Parkway to 59N..... (LONG STORY) and ended up on Hwy 315 towards Carthage - we noticed ALOT of twisted barns, trees and debris about 15 miles outside of Carthage - I assume that damage was from weekend before last? The grass was green all the way from Cuero to Carthage.... tanks were full.... cows were out, enjoying the sunshine.. perfect days to be out driving... We came back yesterday and took another scenic route lol.......... ended up taking 79 all the way to IH45 (FYI LOTS of construction on 79.....) - then turn onto 21 at Madisonville - all the way to 77 -On the round trip - we went through Columbus, Sealy, Carthage, Henderson, Jacksonville, Caldwell, Giddings, La Grange, etc... it was like the 4A road trip :) We had a nice mini vaca - except for getting rear ended in Nacogdoches on the way up there... (minimal damage) and when we got home, Mr went to HEB auto car wash and the SOB carwash had so much pressure, it blew the rear lift gate wiper blade off... My Explorer has 2,500 miles on it.. DAMN... Thankfully, both damages are more pain in the A$$ repairs than major but Lord Have Mercy... The Mr no longer is allowed to drive my car :ack!:

bobcat1
05-10-2017, 04:35 PM
My Wifes Edge Limited didn't lose the wiper but it did lose the cover for the nut that holds it on.

44INAROW
05-10-2017, 05:03 PM
My Wifes Edge Limited didn't lose the wiper but it did lose the cover for the nut that holds it on.

at a car wash? Mr ordered a new 'housing' or whatever it's called - we'll see how that goes :1popcorn:

Rocket Man
05-10-2017, 05:37 PM
at a car wash? Mr ordered a new 'housing' or whatever it's called - we'll see how that goes :1popcorn:

Fix it yourself if you can is the way to go. The rear center brake light went out on our 2014 Escape; it would have been $50 part cost & who knows how much dealer cost to installl. Bought a LED strip at Walmart for $18 and with a little Rocket ingenuity fixed it.

bobcat1
05-10-2017, 05:52 PM

Yep at a drive thru car wash. I didn't do it.... she did.

BwdLion73
05-11-2017, 08:27 AM
Well it is the off season.

I made a trip to Shreveport/Bossier last weekend also. My trip was down I-20 and I passed thru Canton and the area where the Tornado crossed 20. Looked like it hit a car dealership so you should find parts for your vehicle. ;)

I also have to pass a sign that says Carthage exit ... but I try not to look at it...:D

44INAROW
05-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Well it is the off season.

I made a trip to Shreveport/Bossier last weekend also. My trip was down I-20 and I passed thru Canton and the area where the Tornado crossed 20. Looked like it hit a car dealership so you should find parts for your vehicle. ;)

I also have to pass a sign that says Carthage exit ... but I try not to look at it...:D
We stayed at Margaritaville.. pretty nice - the Boardwalk along the river is nice... Mr enjoyed Bass Pro Shop :thumbsup: