PDA

View Full Version : Carthage Dawgs loaded with D1 Talent coming to a stadium near you in 2017

cowboyandchrist
05-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Carthage has a freshmen, soon to be starting on the varsity in 2017 as a sophomore received an offer from TCU.
He is the little brother of the best running back in the state (Keaontay Ingram). It will be a team loaded with D1 Talent.
Now the question remains, will this team with all of the talent they will have on the field be ready for every teams best shot.
The defense alone will have five D1 players on that side of the ball. The offense returns 8 starters and with the super sophomores coming up, (man O man)
You just can't help but be excited.
No predictions from me, but I would be disappointed if the C Dawgs did not make a deep deep run in 2017.
Sorry for my excitement, but no football talk on this board is driving me crazy.
Lets Go Dawgs!!!!
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

regaleagle
05-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Good luck to your beloved Dawgs for a return trip, C&C. You know how difficult it can be to repeat even with a great mix of talent.......that's what makes football so great! I reckon there will be a few very capable teams along the way that Carthage will have to battle to keep advancing. On the one hand it is very exciting to be ranked so high, but on the other hand it can become a burden for the players to live up to that ranking. Argyle can sympathize in this regard. But if we happen to meet on the field of glory next season........there will be no sympathy on either sideline, hahaha.

cowboyandchrist
05-09-2017, 09:29 PM
Good luck to your beloved Dawgs for a return trip, C&C. You know how difficult it can be to repeat even with a great mix of talent.......that's what makes football so great! I reckon there will be a few very capable teams along the way that Carthage will have to battle to keep advancing. On the one hand it is very exciting to be ranked so high, but on the other hand it can become a burden for the players to live up to that ranking. Argyle can sympathize in this regard. But if we happen to meet on the field of glory next season........there will be no sympathy on either sideline, hahaha.

Regaleagle, I have no doubt that Argyle will be one of the last standing. Your coach and community has set the standard for excellence in high school football.
You just never know how kids will respond from year to year, I am hoping the players we have returning can show the new starters what it takes to climb a very high mountain.
I am excited about the 2017 Dawgs, they have the makings to be one of the best Dawg teams coach S has ever had. It will depend a lot on the new QB, he will not have to carry this team, but he will have to grasp a very complicated system in a short period of time.

regaleagle
05-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Has anyone heard(except Argyllians, hehe) about the transfer of Liberty Christian's QB over to the Eagles for this upcoming season??? He will still have to work hard to earn the job.....the Eagles already have two outstanding young talented QB's in the fold. However and apparently.....................I hear this particular guy is highly regarded.........just sayin' that's what I hear. I could be wrong, but methinks he will be a senior this season.