PDA

View Full Version : Carthage vs. Gilmer and no one is discussing?

oldtownag
05-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Baseball man!

W16 Carthage (18-10) Vs. F15 Gilmer (13-13)

waterboy
05-04-2017, 08:58 AM
Obviously, Carthage should win this series. In all honesty, I haven't been keeping up with baseball this year.

Aesculus gilmus
05-04-2017, 10:52 AM
I am way more interested in the 7 on 7 tournament here Saturday.

I think they changed the start time on the baseball game so that Cade and Red could play football first. At least, I hope they get to, not that Poppy wouldn't mind playing every game at QB.

waterboy
05-04-2017, 01:24 PM
I am way more interested in the 7 on 7 tournament here Saturday.

I think they changed the start time on the baseball game so that Cade and Red could play football first. At least, I hope they get to, not that Poppy wouldn't mind playing every game at QB.

yes. Football. Now there's a real sport. :D

Gotta have our priorities in order...

How many baseball players are participating in 7-on-7? Winning tonight could prevent them from being able to playing in the tournament.

Aesculus gilmus
05-05-2017, 12:19 PM
yes. Football. Now there's a real sport. :D

Gotta have our priorities in order...

How many baseball players are participating in 7-on-7? Winning tonight could prevent them from being able to playing in the tournament.

I just learned that our baseball players are probably NOT going to play football tomorrow because of the possibility there may be two baseball games.

I wish the baseball Buckeyes all the best, but honestly, I don't follow the sport anymore. I almost wish high school football was year-round. At least with 7 on 7, it's now more than half the year.

Here's the brackets for tomorrow:
http://www.gilmermirror.com/view/full_story/27410517/article-Brackets-for-2017-Azalea-Orthopedics-7-on-7-Tournament

poisoned10
05-07-2017, 06:07 PM
Sad, a baseball thread gets converted into a football 7-on-7 discussion.

I missed Friday's baseball game but heard it was a tough battle.

However, I was at both of Saturday's games, which I believe the person running the scoreboard did an amazing job. Just saying. But once again, it was a battle until the 6th until Carthage just unloaded on Gilmer and turned a 1-run lead into a 9-2 lead and forcing a game 3.

In game 3, Carthage made some costly mistakes that lead to Gilmer runs. Cade Clemens pitched for the 1st time since breaking his thumb and pitched great leading Gilmer to a 3-0 series clinching win.

Gilmer moves on to the area round to face Paris after barely clawing their way into the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckeyebob
05-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Sweet...way to go Buckeyes

waterboy
05-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Congrats to the Buckeyes! It certainly helped getting the pitching staff getting Kade back!

Didn't D15 sweep D16? I didn't think D16 was that much weaker.

Dawgs
05-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Baseball? We talking about baseball?

Nah seriously, congrats to the Buckeyes. Go win another playoff series.

It's been coming for a little while, but Carthage is officially a football school. Hopefully our baseball program can get back on track. I like to see all sports do well, but I never cared too much for hardball anyway. Still surprising to see Carthage get beat out in the 1st round. Ohh well. Now it's on to 7 on 7. Then August is right around the corner.

WOS1
05-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Baseball? We talking about baseball?

Nah seriously, congrats to the Buckeyes. Go win another playoff series.

It's been coming for a little while, but Carthage is officially a football school. Hopefully our baseball program can get back on track. I like to see all sports do well, but I never cared too much for hardball anyway. Still surprising to see Carthage get beat out in the 1st round. Ohh well. Now it's on to 7 on 7. Then August is right around the corner.

What HAS happened to Carthage baseball? Different focus (football), or different talent make up?

Dawgs
05-08-2017, 10:35 PM
What HAS happened to Carthage baseball? Different focus (football), or different talent make up?

Carthage is just down talent wise right now. They will be back. But to be honest it's just a very small portion of the community that cares about baseball anymore. The community is football crazed. But that doesn't have as much to do with it, as just not having the jimmies and joes. They just weren't there this year. And it doesn't look like they will be for another couple of years. Funny thing is we might have the best talent we have ever had coming up in football. All the way down to the incoming freshman are absolutely loaded. Hell we had a freshman get offered by TCU a couple weeks ago. That's what I mean by Carthage being a full blown football town now.

WOS1
05-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Carthage is just down talent wise right now. They will be back. But to be honest it's just a very small portion of the community that cares about baseball anymore. The community is football crazed. But that doesn't have as much to do with it, as just not having the jimmies and joes. They just weren't there this year. And it doesn't look like they will be for another couple of years. Funny thing is we might have the best talent we have ever had coming up in football. All the way down to the incoming freshman are absolutely loaded. Hell we had a freshman get offered by TCU a couple weeks ago. That's what I mean by Carthage being a full blown football town now.
Gotcha... They were just so dominant on the diamond for so long it's crazy that they are no longer a factor.

Dawgs
05-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Gotcha... They were just so dominant on the diamond for so long it's crazy that they are no longer a factor.
Might be a little harsh to say "no longer a factor". Carthage definitely had the worst season they have had in a very long time. Maybe in the last 20 years (Still 11-1 district champs). They got beat out this year in the 1st round, but the 4 years before that they made it to the 3rd, 4th, 3rd, and 4th rounds respectively. Plus they have a state title in the last 10 years. Wait a couple of years before going as far as to say they are no longer a factor. 1 down year doesn't mean they are finished. Remember when Carthage went 6-6 in football in 2014 after winning a title in 2013. Everybody thought the run was over. But made it to the semi finals in 15' and won the title in 16'. 1 down year doesn't mean you are finished.

But I do agree there is some cause for concern with the baseball program.

Aesculus gilmus
05-13-2017, 02:49 PM
Nathan Mize just pitched a shutout for the Buckeyes at NTCC. Gilmer eliminates Paris, 1-0.