PDA

View Full Version : Base running cardinal rule

XMan
04-17-2017, 07:21 AM
Just a reminder, don't make the 1st or 3rd out at 3rd. When you are down by one in the last inning it can be very important. Not good to end a game this way.

coach
04-17-2017, 09:14 AM
Just a reminder, don't make the 1st or 3rd out at 3rd. When you are down by one in the last inning it can be very important. Not good to end a game this way.

My freshamn year we lost to Woodville by making the last out at 3rd down by 1, my Jr year we lost to China Spring by getting the last out on a steal attempt at 2nd and lost by 1, and my Sr. year we lost on a play at the plate to end the game against Hutto. Down by 1 bases loaded with one out. We hit a fly ball to right field and he caught it and hosed us at the plate. The guy that made the play, none other than Jeremy Curley.

coach
04-17-2017, 09:15 AM
My freshamn year we lost to Woodville by making the last out at 3rd down by 1, my Jr year we lost to China Spring by getting the last out on a steal attempt at 2nd and lost by 1, and my Sr. year we lost on a play at the plate to end the game against Hutto. Down by 1 bases loaded with one out. We hit a fly ball to right field and he caught it and hosed us at the plate. The guy that made the play, none other than Jeremy Curley.

And I was on deck in the Hutto game. Talk about gut wrenching. Standing about 5 feet away watching my teammate get tagged out in my last game ever.

waterboy
04-17-2017, 09:54 AM
Ouch, coach! That had to suck...

FWIW, I see base running blunders on a regular basis. For the most part, coaches will be the hero or the goat in those plays. He's a genius if it works, a goat if it doesn't. It still makes no sense to even attempt those plays even when there's a significant weakness that can be exploited.

coach
04-17-2017, 09:59 AM
Ouch, coach! That had to suck...

FWIW, I see base running blunders on a regular basis. For the most part, coaches will be the hero or the goat in those plays. He's a genius if it works, a goat if it doesn't. It still makes no sense to even attempt those plays even when there's a significant weakness that can be exploited.

I have never owned Jeremy Curley on my fantasy team because of that.

XMan
04-17-2017, 11:52 AM
Kerley was a good baseball player back in the day. His freshman year I saw him strike out the side in the 6th inning of a game only to be relieved in the 7th. Reliever came in and gave up 7.

coach
04-17-2017, 11:53 AM
Merely was a good baseball player back in the day. His freshman year I saw him strike out the side in the 6th inning of a game only to be relieved in the 7th. Reliever came in and gave up 7.

He was late to the game because he was competing in the State Track meet the same day lol