PDA

View Full Version : Some things to look forward too.....(next year)

Matthew328
05-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Well we have started discussing what we'll do next year as far as coverage....look for a full preseason preview with district predictions and outlook's on each district page..as well as preseason regional top 10's and preseason state top 20....as the season starts coverage likely will be mainly on the message boards, this is due to the fact that the board is what makes our site...everyone comes to the board first...there likley still will be a preview of one game of the week but basically any game that means someting will be talked about on the board...and of course we'll give our thoughts..regional top 10's will still be done every week along with a state top 20..more info will come as we are still working on what we'll be doing..also we may still need a Region 4 person...we really would like R4 to have the same coverage the other 3 regions are getting...we havem't heard from toby in a while so we don't know what his plans are...so if you are interested e-mail me or Jacket...

Gobbla2001
05-19-2003, 02:46 PM
I'd be more than willing to go to Region 4 football games and give a report on the teams that played and the game in general...

big daddy russ
05-19-2003, 02:49 PM
Whatever happened to TFINT? Did he have too many other commitments?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-19-2003, 05:41 PM
big daddy russ:
Whatever happened to TFINT? Did he have too many other commitments?No man, i'm still here. And my offer to run the R4 page is still open.

PPHSfan
05-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Ahem....the region 2 page is still stuck in week 3 from last year. :p

Keith7
05-19-2003, 08:17 PM
PPHSfan:
Ahem....the region 2 page is still stuck in week 3 from last year. :p week 8 actually..

VWG
05-20-2003, 10:02 PM
Definitely need to preview upcoming games. Region I has some strong pre-district games.
Sweetwater-Vernon
Sweetwater-Midland Greenwood
Abilene Wylie-Graham
....... just a few to mention, and I am sure that other regions have great pre-district games as well.

BULLDOGFAN
05-20-2003, 10:30 PM
I think Tarpon fan from North Texas would be an awesome reporter from region 4. As long as his craziness about Port Isabel could be held in check.

<small>[ May 20, 2003, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: BULLDOGFAN ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-21-2003, 10:06 AM
BULLDOGFAN:
I think Tarpon fan from North Texas would be an awesome reporter from region 4. As long as his craziness about Port Isabel could be held in check.Awww come on, where's the love, Rick???

Only reason why I was so high on the Tarpons last season was because that was their first REAL GOOD season since 1996, and the excitement level in Tarpon Country was sky high because of it. Now that the 2002 season has come and gone, and the Tarpons are back on the map, everyone has calmed back down, and it's time for the Tarpons to get back down to business.

I'll just report it the way I see it. Besides, i've got a pretty good idea of my Pre-Season R4 Top 10

1. Burnet
2. Wharton
3. Rice Consolidated
4. Port Isabel
5. Sinton
6. CC West Oso
7. La Vernia
8. Orange Grove
9. Raymondville
10.I am leaving this one open due to the fact i'm still reading up on returning starters, etc. But there are a few good candidates for this spot. (Cuero, Sweeny, Llano, Wimberly, Devine just to name a few)

And no disrespect intended towards the Bandera fans. Losing 20+ seniors, losing your head coach, and with just a few returning starters, I am not sure how Bandera will fare. If they do well, then "my bad". However, if an unbiased person saw that info, and was asked to give his or her opinion, that person would most likely say that Bandera will have a down year next season.

Bandera YaYa
05-21-2003, 05:00 PM
Yes, TFINT would need to exercise some restraint if he was required to give UN-biased reports on other Region 4 teams...we all know how much he loves to rant about his Tarpons!! HeHe!!That's cool...we love who we love!! I'm kinda wondering how he's going to make it to each game on Fridays???? Some kind of super natural powers we don't know about?? :cool:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Hey YaYa, you haven't been very nice to me recently. :(

Anyway, sure enough, I do live in the Dallas area, BUT, I do have access to the internet versions of a LOT of local newspapers, from Brownsville, Harlingen, McAllen, Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, Cuero, Victoria, and Houston. All I need to do is find the articles on there to read up on and there you go.

Then of course there's also "The Bible" to study up on. So even though I won't be able to "suddenly" appear at very many games, I WILL be able to research all the R4 teams and I believe I can run the Region 4 page effectively.

But most importantly, "I do solemnly swear that my coverage of Region 4 will be 100% unbiased"