PDA

View Full Version : Hazing Scandal

SaltySixes
03-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Does anyone know anything more about whats happening in LaVernia?

Dawgs
03-28-2017, 11:15 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/03/28/nine-charged-sex-assault-texas-high-school-hazing-scandal/

Wow. A lot of changes coming. Wouldn't be surprised if LV does not have a football team in the upcoming season. Very disturbing if true. But with everything need to wait for all the facts to come out.

44INAROW
03-28-2017, 11:46 AM
http://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/7-students-arrested-in-la-vernia-hazing-scandal-more-victims-expected-to-come-forward

This is all I 'know' - If these allegations are true - this is horrible...

lostaussie
03-28-2017, 04:24 PM
Jeez, what kind of sick individuals do something like this? Them boys need prison. Then they could see who gets held down and poked.

Tejastrue
03-28-2017, 06:11 PM
What kind of parents raise kids who would do such a thing?

Scoop27
03-28-2017, 06:31 PM
It's been on all the Houston TV stations news shows today

bobcat1
03-28-2017, 06:42 PM
Jeez, what kind of sick individuals do something like this? Them boys need prison. Then they could see who gets held down and poked.
Zactly!!!!

Old Green
03-28-2017, 07:06 PM
It's been on all the Houston TV stations news shows today

It's been in the news for the last 6 days from all the San Antonio TV stations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MUSTANG69
03-29-2017, 07:41 AM
This has made national news now. I just read about it on Fox News.

pancho villa
03-29-2017, 07:44 AM
i apologize to all my Ingleside peeps. We now know where the real trash lives.

sk1
03-29-2017, 07:48 AM
This has made national news now. I just read about it on Fox News.

Yep, a friend up in Minnesota called me last night saying she heard it on their news.

LV_Bearfan
03-29-2017, 09:55 AM
It's a sad time in La Vernia. I can say that I received an excellent education and never experienced anything like this when attending school there. Obviously, things changed, and justice will be served. Time to take out the trash. I feel terrible for the victims.

zebrablue2
03-29-2017, 12:47 PM
It's a sad time in La Vernia. I can say that I received an excellent education and never experienced anything like this when attending school there. Obviously, things changed, and justice will be served. Time to take out the trash. I feel terrible for the victims.

:iagree:

rb585
03-29-2017, 04:54 PM

Dude, I feel for you.

We have obviously been to La Vernia several times over the years. That high school has both a campus and athletic facilities that would be the envy of 99% of the 4A schools in the state. And everyone we have met in that town has been friendly and welcoming.

The good thing that could come out of this is that y'all are about to find out who the real leaders in the community are, and who is more interested in deflecting/denying and covering up. Hopefully, the town will choose to rally behind the former, rather than the latter (like Penn State did).

bag-o-chips
04-05-2017, 05:31 AM
My concern is that LV is on their 4th HC in 4 years. That leads to problems. I also know for a fact that when Navarro beat them in 2015 in Fb the parents were unruly yelling at the players, coaches and each other. Yelling matches at the concession stands were a problem. The next week the Supt. issued a letter to all to stop the behavior and even on the LV Athletics FB a pic was posted of players holding signs stating "We can hear you".

Just think this behavior was out of control and brewing many years beforehand. Really a shame because they play really hard and will put up a battle and the facilities are really great for 4A!

Hoping this gets settled but it looks like it will take some time and now the AG and Texas Rangers are in it will be news for sometime.

Tejastrue
04-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Just the reason I said what I said BOC.