PDA

View Full Version : Bellville/rudder

XMan
03-13-2017, 08:57 PM
Any info on the bellville/rudder baseball game from Monday? Bellville has been hot but not playing a very tough schedule. Rudder should have been more of a challenge.

hookandladder
03-14-2017, 06:15 AM
I got to see Bellville in the La Grange tournament, I feel this may be one of their best teams in many years. I only saw them play one game and only one pitcher however defensively they looked really solid, hit the ball well 1-9. Not sure the depth in their pitching staff however looks like an overall solid team, just my 2 cents.

XMan
03-14-2017, 07:29 AM
Rudder 9, bellville 6. Hook, this should be the Brahmas year. Lots of seniors/experience. Time for them to make a run. Looks like sealy is really good this year and needville is not bad. Columbus lost their top pitcher for the year which will hurt them.

Rabid Cougar
03-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Wouldn't count on anything you saw in a tournament this year. The pitch count thing hurt lots of teams. Kids pitching that would not normally see the mound. I foresee tournaments going to three games instead of four next year.

XMan
03-14-2017, 10:23 AM
Where the pitch count gets teams is when they play a Tuesday game after the tournament. IMO, teams are dumb for playing tournaments. They should match up and play a 3 game series each weekend to prepare themselves for the playoffs.

Rabid Cougar
03-14-2017, 02:00 PM
Where the pitch count gets teams is when they play a Tuesday game after the tournament. IMO, teams are dumb for playing tournaments. They should match up and play a 3 game series each weekend to prepare themselves for the playoffs.

Ones I saw were saving their pitching for Tuesday.