Bellville22
10-12-2003, 03:43 PM
WOW!

THis is much closer than I expected.

Is Stafford a contender?
Did Sealy catch the "Fair Bug"?

Tiger Turtle
10-13-2003, 08:56 AM
Possibly a bit of the Fair bug. Stafford is much improved, especially on defense, but I wouldn't consider them a contender for the playoffs. They played very well on defense, holding Sealy's o-line to a standoff most of the night. Sealy's defense came up big, with the exception of two long TD runs, one of which should have had a taunting penalty called as the Spartan RB turned and waved at the Sealy db chasing him. There is some justice, however, as the extra point attempt was partially blocked and smacked the official who didn't make the call squarely in the forehead.
Stafford maintained their composure and stayed in the game to the end. A definite improvement over past years.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-13-2003, 04:07 PM
Staffords 1st string QB, went out early in this one and did not return. If he would have been in the whole game, Sealy would more than likely lose this one,as said from some people that were at the game.

the tigers are back
10-14-2003, 02:16 AM
I see that sealy is on alot of peoples mind,but i let me say this a win is a win rather it's 40 to 0 or just 10 to 7.I see bellville was going over to c-town and especting to put over 30 points and possibility blowing columbus out.I see at half time it was only 7 to 6 seems to be that it wasn't a easy.I think you need to check your stats out and you will find out that stafford is no.1 defense in dist 23a and sealy #2.We also struggled with was inside the 30 a few times,but we just didn't brake the tape.This game could had gone at least sealy with 35 points and stafford 7 don't worry we will be ready this week. eek! :mad:

RAIDER96
10-14-2003, 07:32 AM
What was the final score of Bellville, Columbus?

punt
10-14-2003, 10:09 AM
Tigers are back, whats your take on this weeks game? Navasota halftime score at Hempstead was only 10-0. Rattlers got an interception and a good punt return in the 4th to be able to get the score to 31. They may surprise someone.

fullhouse
10-14-2003, 10:26 AM
Yeah, it wasn't exactly a blow out, as the score seemed to indicate, huh? Hempstead has alot of good athletes, but it looks like most of those play both ways ~ fatigue may be a factor. Go tigers!

fullhouse
10-14-2003, 10:38 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Staffords 1st string QB, went out early in this one and did not return. If he would have been in the whole game, Sealy would more than likely lose this one,as said from some people that were at the game.Not sure about that ~ Stafford had something like -42 yards when he went down. Sealy played with their 2nd string QB the whole second half too.

fullhouse
10-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Tiger Turtle:
Possibly a bit of the Fair bug. Stafford is much improved, especially on defense, but I wouldn't consider them a contender for the playoffs. They played very well on defense, holding Sealy's o-line to a standoff most of the night. Sealy's defense came up big, with the exception of two long TD runs, one of which should have had a taunting penalty called as the Spartan RB turned and waved at the Sealy db chasing him. There is some justice, however, as the extra point attempt was partially blocked and smacked the official who didn't make the call squarely in the forehead.
Stafford maintained their composure and stayed in the game to the end. A definite improvement over past years.That little waving display made it look like "he'd never been there before", huh Turtle?

the tigers are back
10-14-2003, 08:44 PM
I don't understand you asked me who i take in the navasota and bellville game.I will have to go with the rattlers only if they can run the ball on the bellville defense.I gotta go with sealy of course,because the head coach Mr. Mark F. has got himself a team this year and what i like about it he's making some wonderful changes.I read all these topics about navasota and bellville,but i'm just sitting back and just waiting.I do know this that someone will come home with a lost if not a tie.I know alot of people looking at the poll,but let me say this that rnaking don't mean anything if you lose the game.We don't play numbers we play the game to win.My hats off to the coaching staff of the Sealy Tigers raaaaahhhhhhh...let's go get'em Tigers. eek! :D wink

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Staford and Sealy 1 and 2 in the stats, I guess so, look at the level of most of the teams on each schedules. Not to many with a winning recored!
I guess since Staffords 1st Qb went out early with a torn acl, Sealy decided to pull there 1st string QB? Or is he hurt?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-14-2003, 09:04 PM
One more thing, you say hats of to the Sealy coaching staff? A few weeks ago you were blaming the Cuero loss on the coaches!

fullhouse
10-15-2003, 10:48 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Staford and Sealy 1 and 2 in the stats, I guess so, look at the level of most of the teams on each schedules. Not to many with a winning recored!
I guess since Staffords 1st Qb went out early with a torn acl, Sealy decided to pull there 1st string QB? Or is he hurt?Not hurt ~ we're just nice people here in Sealy :D . Just wanted to try something different, I guess.

BrahmaMom
10-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Looks to me like the Sealy coaching staff has done a few things right. All they seemed to have going into the season was Andrus, and now he's just part of a very quality team. That doesn't just happen. Our district is tough and Sealy is right there, can't take that away from the players, the coaches, or the fans!

fullhouse
10-15-2003, 12:24 PM
Thanks BrahmaMom ~ Austin County is loaded with talent.... and nice folks :D