PDA

View Full Version : Very early 2017 Football Top 10's

WOS87
02-10-2017, 01:49 AM
WOS will be losing a ton of seniors, Sweetwater is losing a head coach as will quite a few other programs. Will there be some actual parity in 2017 or is there a clear frontrunner coming up? I have my thoughts but want to hear everyone else's.

The usual suspects will all be in there (Celina, Carthage, Gilmer, Argyle, Cuero, Wylie, WOS) purely from pedigree and tradition. How are Kennedale, Midlothian Heritage, El Campo, Stafford, Navarro, Henderson, Atlanta, Wimberley, Liberty Hill, Sweetwater , Gladewater, Van, Sinton, Wharton, Giddings, Bellville, La Grange, Liberty-Eylau, La Vega, China Spring, Sealy, Stephenville, Brownwood, Mineral Wells, Paris, Monahans, Robinson, Alvarado, Krum, Burnet, Silsbee, Jasper, Bridge City, Liberty, Tatum looking this coming Fall? (and any I may have missed but those named are on my list).

coach
02-10-2017, 10:01 AM
WOS will be losing a ton of seniors, Sweetwater is losing a head coach as will quite a few other programs. Will there be some actual parity in 2017 or is there a clear frontrunner coming up? I have my thoughts but want to hear everyone else's.

The usual suspects will all be in there (Celina, Carthage, Gilmer, Argyle, Cuero, Wylie, WOS) purely from pedigree and tradition. How are Kennedale, Midlothian Heritage, El Campo, Stafford, Navarro, Henderson, Atlanta, Wimberley, Liberty Hill, Sweetwater , Gladewater, Van, Sinton, Wharton, Giddings, Bellville, La Grange, Liberty-Eylau, La Vega, China Spring, Sealy, Stephenville, Brownwood, Mineral Wells, Paris, Monahans, Robinson, Alvarado, Krum, Burnet, Silsbee, Jasper, Bridge City, Liberty, Tatum looking this coming Fall? (and any I may have missed but those named are on my list).

Look for Navasota to rebound from a rough year.

Rabid Cougar
02-10-2017, 10:54 AM
China Spring and LaVega will be right back where they left off.

China will be very young again with a bunch of Sophomores and Juniors with a several key Seniors returning. Very similar to CS teams previous to the '16 team.
LaVega will reload. They will still have good size and great speed with a very seasoned and dangerous Senior QB.

Robinson? They get one of the top receivers in the country (not state---country!) back. However they will lose his QB to graduation. Not sure that Ashcraft will even play football next year. He is a baseball pitcher commit to Baylor.

slingshot
02-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Carthage will be the heavy favorite in DI. They were mostly underclassmen last year and should be VERY good this year. Wylie will be solid as always but will be down a little in size on the lines. Defense has several key returnees and will be good from the start, offense will have to find it's identity after graduating all key skill position players and most of the line.

SaltySixes
02-10-2017, 11:52 AM

I cant say Navarro will be 'down,' but we did have an absolutely epic class of 2017 that will be graduated by next fall.... The Panthers will return a 4th year starting QB in Will Eveld, and we will still have STRENGTH and SPEED on the O-line, which is what a team needs to make that nasty slot tick!

waterboy
02-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Carthage will likely be #1 in D1, and really should be. It could be any of a number of teams breaking out at #1 in D2. All the usual suspects will be in the rankings. Where, is anybody's guess.

coach
02-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Fairfield should be in the also receiving votes category. Only because China Spring voted for us. You know, since we have dominated them the last 2 years...

Rocket Man
02-10-2017, 01:00 PM
Robinson

Not sure who the QB is gonna be; not sure if Braxton is gonna play; defense HAS TO BE better (for crying out loud it couldn't be any worse); should have a decent receiving corp; should have a good pair of running backs; should have a good offensive line

Overall, I'd say we'll be an average 4A team or thereabouts.

Rocket Man
02-10-2017, 01:02 PM

You left out Waco-Lorena.......ha ha ha ha

I'm sure they'll be in the hunt, locally anyway.

coach
02-10-2017, 01:07 PM
You left out Waco-Lorena.......ha ha ha ha

I'm sure they'll be in the hunt, locally anyway.

I love the way Lorena plays.

CP3Dad
02-10-2017, 01:32 PM
A gut feeling that Graham and Seminole will play in the R1D2 playoffs this fall...could be 2nd, 3rd or 4th round!?!

briandumith*
02-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Graham, Seminole, and Monahans will be the class of Region 1, D2. With the young varsity a year experience under their belt. The JV coming up that was undefeated in District play. Graham should do quite well.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Dawgs
02-10-2017, 04:47 PM
As long as everybody remains humble, and don't go getting the big head or jealsouy sets in Carthage is gonna be LOADED. Potentially have 3 of the top 100 players in Texas on 1 team at this level? We will just have to wait and see. I don't care about rankings, and Carthage always looses a game, but Carthage will be much better in 2017 than they were in 2016. I think it would be a disappointment for this team to not be one of the best Surratt's had.

Rabid Cougar
02-10-2017, 04:48 PM
I love the way Lorena plays.

Lorena vs China Spring. Always bad JuJu. Everyone always "LaVega and China Spring". You want to see some bad blood go watch a CS vs RR, CS vs LL or RR vs LL game. Those three school just don't like each other.

Rabid Cougar
02-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Fairfield should be in the also receiving votes category. Only because China Spring voted for us. You know, since we have dominated them the last 2 years...

All heard on the subvarsity football games was "wait 'til basketball season". ???????:confused:??????????

Rocket Man
02-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Lorena vs China Spring. Always bad JuJu. Everyone always "LaVega and China Spring". You want to see some bad blood go watch a CS vs RR, CS vs LL or RR vs LL game. Those three school just don't like each other.

Say whuuuuuutttttt?????????

Got nothing but love man................:inlove:

buckeyebob
02-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Prolific returning QB, JV stepping up, & a bevy of Freshmen...we should be OK...now, if we can get Carthage...

SintonFan_inAustin
02-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Sinton 3 key seniors for next season will be a more experience team. Should be ready for the challenges for next season :)

Andrew McGowan 6'3 WR/CB http://www.hudl.com/v/1LS6UZ

Daryl French 6'3 WR/DL http://www.hudl.com/v/1LSFAy

Tristan Canales 5'11 RB/WR/CB http://www.hudl.com/v/1LR1ru

Some freshmen from last season should make an impact their sophomore year.

WOS87
02-10-2017, 11:54 PM
I'm really interested to see what Midlothian Heritage does in its 2nd season ever.

toddg
02-11-2017, 10:02 AM
I'm really interested to see what Midlothian Heritage does in its 2nd season ever.lose district to Alvarado..We were in position to beat them last year, but fumbled at the 5 in the last 2 min. Fumbles killed us in the playoffs as well..if you can't protect the ball, you can't win the big games!
coach says this years team reminds him of our 2010 team, which is a good thing. I agree, good speed and good size up front, and great work ethic. Son tells me the excitement in offseason is higher this year than previous years. He will be TE this coming season, so I'm excited! Passing game will be a strength this year, strong armed QB, very good speed and good hands on the outside, and will complement our running game, which will be very strong with 3 very good backs coming back. OLine will have 4 new starters, they have good size and are working hard, led by 3 year starter, who has really taken them under his wing this offseason. Defense lost some backers, but nucleus is returning. excited to see how this years team shapes up, I see the energy and motivation this offseason! hope it translates to a big season for the Indians this fall.

OLE'BULL
02-11-2017, 12:12 PM
I'm a little nervous about Bellville this year. We are graduating a lot of our leaders who have been in the lineup 2-4 years now and losing our all everything RB/LB Mac Briscoe will be a huge challenge. Players like him truly cannot be replaced but one of Coach Rowe's greatest strengths is uncovering talent and putting players in the perfect positions. It never ceases to amaze me, every year at the start of the season I hear about 2-3 kids starting at a position and think "Rowe has lost his mind!". Then year after year these unknown kids turn out to be real players. We will be fine, like we are year in and year out. I don't look for a deep playoff run, but what do I know!

Rabid Cougar
02-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Say whuuuuuutttttt?????????

Got nothing but love man................:inlove:

I am very sure you do.

Yoe_09
02-12-2017, 03:25 PM
I'm a little nervous about Bellville this year. We are graduating a lot of our leaders who have been in the lineup 2-4 years now and losing our all everything RB/LB Mac Briscoe will be a huge challenge. Players like him truly cannot be replaced but one of Coach Rowe's greatest strengths is uncovering talent and putting players in the perfect positions. It never ceases to amaze me, every year at the start of the season I hear about 2-3 kids starting at a position and think "Rowe has lost his mind!". Then year after year these unknown kids turn out to be real players. We will be fine, like we are year in and year out. I don't look for a deep playoff run, but what do I know!

Look forward to seeing the Brahmas on Yoe Field!

coach
02-12-2017, 09:15 PM
All heard on the subvarsity football games was "wait 'til basketball season". ???????:confused:??????????

Yea. Like wait til basketball season for another curb stomping. I mean remember that lashing yall took last year...

Rabid Cougar
02-13-2017, 08:34 AM
Yea. Like wait til basketball season for another curb stomping. I mean remember that lashing yall took last year...

I recall lots of curbs stompings that have taken place in September for the last 10 years.

jason
02-13-2017, 09:39 AM
stephenville gonna compete for that third spot...will be interesting to see how/if their defense gets any better with a new DC....

coach
02-13-2017, 01:26 PM
stephenville gonna compete for that third spot...will be interesting to see how/if their defense gets any better with a new DC....

I heard Stephenville was going to hire Art Briles to associate head coach.

bobcat1
02-13-2017, 02:01 PM
Keep poking that hive.:clap:

Rabid Cougar
02-13-2017, 02:59 PM

:fnypost::1popcorn:

buff4ever
02-13-2017, 04:49 PM
I feel like Giddings is going to be very talented at skill positions again, we will have to see how we replace some linemen. I think we will be in the hunt for another district championship and pending the line situation ready to compete again for a possible regional final or close to it type of year.

jason
02-14-2017, 09:41 AM
lifetime townies would take him in a heart beat...

coach
02-14-2017, 12:24 PM
lifetime townies would take him in a heart beat...

Please tell me you are joking....

Rabid Cougar
02-14-2017, 01:05 PM
The Lime Green Juice drinkers around here would..........

coach
02-14-2017, 01:10 PM
I was driving through Waco this weekend and every time I pull up to McClane stadium I feel bad for their fans. They waited so long for something like that and it will forever be tarnished bc a leader in the community prioritized winning over young ladies' rights.

slingshot
02-14-2017, 01:32 PM
Please tell me you are joking....Nope. He's not...

LHPfactory
02-14-2017, 03:14 PM
Liberty Hill had a rough year (8-4 , 3 rounds into play offs) with key players out or struggling with injuries.
However there were 14 Sophomores on Varsity. That is a special class.
We are in the process of hiring a new AD/HFC , time will tell, im very optimistic about 2017.

toddg
02-14-2017, 03:23 PM
Liberty Hill had a rough year (8-4 , 3 rounds into play offs) with key players out or struggling with injuries.
However there were 14 Sophomores on Varsity. That is a special class.
We are in the process of hiring a new AD/HFC , time will tell, im very optimistic about 2018.see ya in August, look fwd to seeing how LH adjusts to a new HC, and possibly, philosophy..we will be a good early test for the panthers.

LHPfactory
02-14-2017, 03:45 PM
see ya in August, look fwd to seeing how LH adjusts to a new HC, and possibly, philosophy..we will be a good early test for the panthers.

That Soph NT yall have is a beast (Amad ?). My 2nd oldest (Soph) made Varsity as backup Center last fall and will be the starter this year. Your NT will be his toughest test all year. The all district Sr Center we had whooped everyone he faced all year except that kid.

Celina8
02-14-2017, 03:50 PM
I was only able to ask one person who has a son on the team as to what he thought the Bobcats would do next year and he said it will be hard to replace our running back and our skill position will still be weak . He stated we will be missing some good players from last years team but hopes some of the younger players can step up. We will just have to wait and see but 2017 could have some growing pains per his statement.

lostaussie
02-14-2017, 03:51 PM
Ahhhhh......Football.........Just a distant memory!!!!

toddg
02-14-2017, 03:57 PM
That Soph NT yall have is a beast (Amad ?). My 2nd oldest (Soph) made Varsity as backup Center last fall and will be the starter this year. Your NT will be his toughest test all year. The all district Sr Center we had whooped everyone he faced all year except that kid.
yes, Amir Folson..he is doing well in offseason. the LH front 7 is always a good test for us, always a clinic for our OLine. My son will be TE this season, and will be very effective with our pitch plays, as well as pass receiving. Any scoop on the HC?

LHPfactory
02-14-2017, 04:30 PM
yes, Amir Folson..he is doing well in offseason. the LH front 7 is always a good test for us, always a clinic for our OLine. My son will be TE this season, and will be very effective with our pitch plays, as well as pass receiving. Any scoop on the HC?

Lots of good Coaches put in and interviews taking place. The earliest we will know would be the end of next week if they have had a chance to conduct the granted interviews and process everything.

I am Personally hoping to stay with a coach from our tree and our system. If they make a change, I would hope for the Katy system yall run, our style and your style fits our tough minded physical kids the best.

WOS87
02-14-2017, 04:35 PM
WOS vs Kennedale 2.0 will answer every question about us

LHPfactory
02-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Lots of good Coaches put in and interviews taking place. The earliest we will know would be the end of next week if they have had a chance to conduct the granted interviews and process everything.

I am Personally hoping to stay with a coach from our tree and our system. If they make a change, I would hope for the Katy system yall run, our style and your style fits our tough minded physical kids the best.

Make no mistake, I 100% believe that we need to keep our system and choose the best and most proven coach from the tree. Fortunately We have a list of very good ones, unfortunately it can only be one.

Any thing outside the system will put our kids in double jeopardy, having to learn a new system and jump to 5A at the same time.

toddg
02-14-2017, 06:05 PM
WOS vs Kennedale 2.0 will answer every question about us
Not necessarily, they lose a lot on Defense, and our JV had no trouble against their D last year. Offensively they lose some OLinemen, a TE, and some good backs..but, Kirvin returns, a more seasoned Jowers at QB, and a couple of very experienced linemen..look for them to pass more, Jowers can spin it, and as usual run effectively with the traps and buck sweeps. They will be good, but not as good as the teams they fielded the last 3 years..2014 team being the best IMO, they just had the misfortune of having to play Argyle that year in the 3rd round.

toddg
02-14-2017, 06:07 PM
Make no mistake, I 100% believe that we need to keep our system and choose the best and most proven coach from the tree. Fortunately We have a list of very good ones, unfortunately it can only be one.

Any thing outside the system will put our kids in double jeopardy, having to learn a new system and jump to 5A at the same time.
I agree! The mentality is already there for smash mouth, going finesse would be detrimental

WOS87
02-14-2017, 06:49 PM
Region III is looking like anyone's game this Year although WOS will still stop any version of the Slot/Wing-T in their tracks.

LHPfactory
02-14-2017, 07:18 PM
Region III is looking like anyone's game this Year although WOS will still stop any version of the Slot/Wing-T in their tracks.

WOS 87 You jest, the 07 LH wouldnt have out run you, but would have run over the top of you, over and over, ask Carthage and Gilmer. LH was no where near as fast, but absolutely man handled them for 5 yards at a time.

The days of dominance may be on the horizon again, but fortunately for you , we wont get to toss the Mustangs into the meet grinder....

SaltySixes
02-14-2017, 07:59 PM

This has to be 87's favorite thing to say... que the facts and figure about how great they are against it!

LHPfactory
02-14-2017, 09:06 PM
This has to be 87's favorite thing to say... que the facts and figure about how great they are against it!

No doubt, they (WOS) were awesome this year, yall had a heck of a team this year also.
Ask Coach Rios bout the 07 bunch, they were a rolling snowball.

WOS87
02-15-2017, 03:38 AM
:wave:

How many games has Liberty Hill won in 104 years? Remind me again? That would be a matchup i'd like to see actually.

bobcat1
02-15-2017, 06:59 AM
WOS 87 You jest, the 07 LH wouldnt have out run you, but would have run over the top of you, over and over, ask Carthage and Gilmer. LH was no where near as fast, but absolutely man handled them for 5 yards at a time.

The days of dominance may be on the horizon again, but fortunately for you , we wont get to toss the Mustangs into the meet grinder....
That 06 team was pretty salty too. That offense is awesome to watch but hard to defend. I personally like that grind type of football and meat grinder is a perfect analogy.

LHPfactory
02-15-2017, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=WOS87;1920720]:wave:

WOS87 Dont get histrionic in the historical context, though I find it hysterical that you would hiss such harsh hate...... LH has only been good as of late....

A perpetual home coming team prior to 2001, not untill 06 and 07 were our Championships won.

If the WOS Mustangs we were to meet, you would surley get beat. Even though you fare well versus the Slot, Liberty Hill played or beaten you have not.

In 2006 you had your chance to go, with Earl Thomas in tow, but Fitzhenry and Giddings told you no.

Sorry, I was inspired with ryme and flow this morning...
Haven't had my coffee yet either....lol

SaltySixes
02-15-2017, 10:08 AM
Lol... very nice

Rabid Cougar
02-15-2017, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=WOS87;1920720]

A perpetual home coming team prior to 2001, not untill 06 and 07 were our Championships won.

Home Coming opponent for Bartlett, Granger, Little River Academy, Thorndale and Rogers... I remember them well. The Panthers of recent past are a tad different animal as I would tell.

lostaussie
02-15-2017, 01:39 PM
For the Buckeyes a 2007 championship was a must. Unfortunately we ran into 5 yards a play and a cloud of dust.
On that cold windy December day Thunderstruck threw not one single pass. It was not at all necessary because they were kicking our ass:D

WOS87
02-15-2017, 06:09 PM

WOS87 Dont get histrionic in the historical context, though I find it hysterical that you would hiss such harsh hate...... LH has only been good as of late....

If the WOS Mustangs we were to meet, you would surley get beat. Even though you fare well versus the Slot, Liberty Hill played or beaten you have not.

In 2006 you had your chance to go, with Earl Thomas in tow, but Fitzhenry and Giddings told you no.

Haven't had my coffee yet either....lol

Liberty Hill wrote me a poem today. Trying to throw some shade our way. I'd take our 2016 Mustangs over their 2007 Slot-T any day. :)

buckeyebob
02-15-2017, 07:01 PM
For the Buckeyes a 2007 championship was a must. Unfortunately we ran into 5 yards a play and a cloud of dust.
On that cold windy December day Thunderstruck threw not one single pass. It was not at all necessary because they were kicking our ass:D

Excellent!

SintonFan_inAustin
02-15-2017, 07:14 PM

Haven't had my coffee yet either....lolWas that the year LH played Pleasanton in the Alamo dome? Only seen LH once and it was against Pleasanton and that was the best offensive line I've seen make it look easy at the line of scrimmage. Don't know who I would put as the favorite if that team met up with the WOS team from last past seasons. WOS defense this season from seeing video was very impressive and LH offensive line was just as impressive that season.

LHPfactory
02-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Great rymes folks, we need to do a season kick off thread with that theme.

Rocket Man
02-16-2017, 04:13 PM
Just a little fuel for the fire, though I've no dog in the hunt

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2015] West Orange-Stark (Orange, TX) 31, [2007] Liberty Hill (TX) 28

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2015/project_matchup2.pl

CALPREP doesn't have data for the 2016 season for the projected matchups, so I went with the '15 Mustangs.

lostaussie
02-16-2017, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE

CALPREP doesn't have data for the 2016 season for the projected matchups, so I went with the '15 Mustangs.[/QUOTE]

Well that is an insult to the greatest team in 4a history

bobcat1
02-16-2017, 10:28 PM
CALPREP doesn't have data for the 2016 season for the projected matchups, so I went with the '15 Mustangs.

Well that is an insult to the greatest team in 4a history:spitlol:

WOS87
02-17-2017, 02:22 AM
Oh stop! You're making me blush.

lostaussie
02-17-2017, 09:23 AM
Oh stop! You're making me blush.lololol......My sarcasm abounds

WOS87
02-17-2017, 07:52 PM
As does mine my Aussie friend/redneck in disguise

lostaussie
02-18-2017, 09:23 AM
As does mine my Aussie friend/redneck in disguise

My blood says Aussie.......My raising says true Redneck. Lol

regaleagle
02-19-2017, 10:57 AM
Well...I reckon Argyle will show up and be competitive from the standards they have set. No great athletes to point at.....just good coaching and hard work in a program-type mentality. Seems like they always have some young athletes that emerge......but so does every other team with winning traditions. Got beat last year by a very good Wylie team that probably played their best game of the year against the Eagles. Argyle was actually pretty darn good last year......only lost that one game.

cowboyandchrist
02-19-2017, 07:04 PM
The storm was pretty good in 2916, but the Dawgnator in 2017 could be even bigger.
The Dawgs are already preparing!!!!!

Dawgs
02-19-2017, 08:49 PM
The storm was pretty good in 2916, but the Dawgnator in 2017 could be even bigger.
The Dawgs are already preparing!!!!!
C&C you know what's going to happen next year. Carthage will come out ranked in the top 3. Lose 1-2 games in the regular season, and maybe not even win district. Even though we are returning a loaded roster, we are going to have to break in a new sophomore QB that hasn't played a varsity game yet. There will be some growing pains. Defense will give up some points, and the El Campo posters will say Carthage is soft. Everybody will pick against the Dawgs (Except for Gilmer and Kilgore posters) from the 3rd round all the way to Jerry's Place. Then after the Dawgs win #6, everybody will swear they will never bet against Surratt and Carthage again! Carthage is back loaded, after a down (Carthage standard) 2014 - 2016. The boys last year played way over their heads in the playoffs. Nobody, including myself, expected them to win it all in 2016. 2017 was always the year we were looking forward too since we saw the incoming group of seniors as fish. I am ready to go to Jeff Traylor Stadium to see them Bucks in week 3 already! All knotted up at 3 games a piece right now!

lostaussie
02-20-2017, 11:30 AM
I am ready to go to Jeff Traylor Stadium to see them Bucks in week 3 already! All knotted up at 3 games a piece right now!That's gonna be a fun night. We shall try to be gracious hosts.

waterboy
02-20-2017, 01:16 PM
That's gonna be a fun night. We shall try to be gracious hosts.

That's got big game written all over it. I hope we're not "too" gracious...lol!

lostaussie
02-20-2017, 02:04 PM

I meant gracious like turning those visitors side skunks loose:D

cowboyandchrist
02-20-2017, 07:18 PM
I have always thought the 2008 Dawgs were the best out of the five. 2016 team is my favorite because of how they played, but this team coming may be the best of them all. They will be big, fast, and strong on the O line. Will have one of the best running backs in the country, and fast frisbee catching Dawgs.
The Dfense will be loaded at all positions, D line, line backers and secondary. The only question is how fast the new QB can jell with the team and learn coach S pro style offense. I truly believe we win number 6 in 2017.
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

waterboy
02-21-2017, 11:16 AM
I meant gracious like turning those visitors side skunks loose:D

I think some Gladewater fans turned them loose on the home side some years ago. I remember that very well. The game went into overtime if I remember correctly. We won on a two point conversion by Luke Turner. Luke is on the coaching staff now I think.

We really need to do something "special" for those pesky ol' Dawgs...:evilgrin:

Red Carpet
02-23-2017, 01:42 AM
Brownwood may be a dark horse in region 1 this yr. Lots of youth coming that can light up the scoreboard!

Aesculus gilmus
02-24-2017, 12:13 PM

I think the visitors' side will fill up that night and the Jeff Traylor Stadium authorities will "graciously" allow the overflow to side on the home side which, as far as I know, has never even been close to full since it was renovated four years ago.

Last year they let the Gladewater fans sit on our side once their side filled up. It was actually bizarre watching how much more quickly their side filled up that night. Their fans are hungrier than ours. We have one of the most spoiled fanbases in the state at this point.

SaltySixes
02-24-2017, 05:41 PM
I think the visitors' side will fill up that night and the Jeff Traylor Stadium authorities will "graciously" allow the overflow to side on the home side which, as far as I know, has never even been close to full since it was renovated four years ago.

Last year they let the Gladewater fans sit on our side once their side filled up. It was actually bizarre watching how much more quickly their side filled up that night. Their fans are hungrier than ours. We have one of the most spoiled fanbases in the state at this point.

Spoiled is way better than totally oblivious! Some of our fans refused to stand in the state semi-final game...

Aesculus gilmus
02-24-2017, 08:44 PM
Spoiled is way better than totally oblivious! Some of our fans refused to stand in the state semi-final game...

I thought of our fans every time I heard Trump last year at his rallies saying "we are going to win so much you may even get tired of winning." https://youtu.be/daOH-pTd_nk

That almost seems to be the case sometimes when I look at all the empty seats at our home games. Gilmer hasn't lost a home game since 2010. Our fans are tired of winning. :rolleyes:

Or maybe football itself, even at the Texas high school level, is losing its appeal.

LHPfactory
02-25-2017, 06:57 PM
How is La Grange looking for this Fall ?

toddg
02-25-2017, 07:44 PM
Brownwood may be a dark horse in region 1 this yr. Lots of youth coming that can light up the scoreboard!
Week 4 next season should be fun, two very hot contested JV games last year with us, should be great!

cowboyandchrist
03-09-2017, 12:07 AM
Great news for the Carthage Dawgs. 6ft 2in 230 lb All state linebacker moved back to Carthage for his senior year. As a sophomore he lead the Dawgs in tackles. With an already loaded Dawg D team in 2017 he will add to a strong hitting machine.
Let's Go Dawgs!!!

lostaussie
03-09-2017, 10:26 AM
Great news for the Carthage Dawgs. 6ft 2in 230 lb All state linebacker moved back to Carthage for his senior year. As a sophomore he lead the Dawgs in tackles. With an already loaded Dawg D team in 2017 he will add to a strong hitting machine.
Let's Go Dawgs!!!

Funny how that works.

BwdLion73
03-09-2017, 12:47 PM
Funny how that works.

;) :)

oldtownag
03-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Funny how that works.

😆💲💲💲💲💲💲💲😆

buckeyebob
03-11-2017, 09:04 PM
We got a new Black Flag Line...mostly sophomores...coaching staff says it could be the best ever produced...Tristan's baby brother is one of 'em...6', 246...playin Forward on summer soccer team...all 6 of 'em are in that range...& all have Hispanic sir names

cowboyandchrist
03-11-2017, 09:26 PM
I believe the Bucheyes take their second loss at home this year since 2010.
The Dawgs owe them a home loss.
The storm has already started building up.

Dawgs
03-12-2017, 06:01 PM
Let's Go Dawgs!!!

To be clear this is a young man that grew up in Carthage his entire life. His mom played basketball for Carthage in HS. He moved to Crockett last year because his mom got a coaching job there. So this is not a move-in so to speak. Just want to clear it up early.

If you would have asked me after 2015 season, I would have said this young man would've been the best player on the team as a senior. That was before both Ingrams, Gates, and Colbert became all-state caliber players. Carthage will have 5 legit D1 seniors on the team next year. And probably 7-8 seniors that will play football at the next level. This 2018 class is the one we have been waiting on, and they helped bring a championship a year early. With Brown coming back it is going to take a very very special team to beat these boys in the playoffs. Scary part is the kids that will be sophomores next year might be better than next years seniors. Best freshman team I have ever seen. Went 9-0 beating Gilmer 49-6. You just don't see that happening. Closest game they played was beating Henderson 29-22. Carthage has a chance to go on a historic run over the next 3 years (including a title last year).

Below is an article from East Texas Sports Network talking about the top players (sleepers) without D1 offers. 4 of the 10 are from Carthage. Keaontay is getting so much attention, and is the number 1 RB in Texas. This is only going to help these young men get a ton of looks next season.

http://etsn.fm/east-texas-recruiting-top-2018-prospects-without-division-i-offers/

buckeyebob
03-12-2017, 07:36 PM
The face of 4A ball could really change next alignment...Metro areas are increasing big time...Liberty Hill & others in Austin area growing...looks to be in the 5A mix...Houston, Dallas, swelling the ranks

Not looking for us to cross the Div I line accept in preseason...I would like for us to keep Carthage on the schedule & I enjoyed Nacogdoches last year

We seem to be stacking our youngsters...got some QB's coming up that could be a real threat

ctown81
03-18-2017, 04:38 PM
Funny how that works.

If that's the case, this defense is going to be phenomenal.

Dawgs
03-19-2017, 04:27 PM
If that's the case, this defense is going to be phenomenal.
They will have a chance to be very dominant. Our schedule has too many prolific offenses on it for us to put up 2016 WOS numbers, but they have a chance to be just as good as a unit. If you count Brown and Hicks (starting safety that got hurt last year) Carthage has 7 returning starters on a state championship defense. Carthage might have the best LB corp in the state at any level. We have some studs moving up and some offensive players that will fill in the defensive backfield nicely. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bowens at CB late in the season. We will have to find and develop some depth on the D-Line, but we do every year. I honestly cannot wait for the upcoming season. You never know until they play the games, but this has a chance to be the best team Surratt has ever had. And that is saying a lot. This might be one of those teams people are talking about for a long time. Good thing about Carthage's schedule is they will be tested early and often. I'm already like my buddy C&C, the storm is already starting to form. 4a has no idea what's coming!

buckeyebob
03-21-2017, 07:12 PM
It has started

http://www.texasfootball.com/2017-region-outlooks-4a-dii-region-ii-may-headed-yet-another-gilmer-vs-celina-clash/

http://www.texasfootball.com/2017-region-outlooks-4a-di-region-iii-carthage-king-dethroned/

Dawgs
03-21-2017, 08:26 PM
It has started

http://www.texasfootball.com/2017-region-outlooks-4a-dii-region-ii-may-headed-yet-another-gilmer-vs-celina-clash/

http://www.texasfootball.com/2017-region-outlooks-4a-di-region-iii-carthage-king-dethroned/

What is the worst home loss Gilmer has ever had? Could see the record broken this year when the Dawgs come to visit them Buckeyes!

Dawgs
03-21-2017, 08:35 PM
A team I will be interested in seeing is Sealy. They got them a new HC that is going to have success. I think Sealy always has the jimmies and joes. Now they got a guy that is going to build a program. Only question is how long will it take? Will they challenge El Campo or Stafford for a district title this year? Might be a team to watch out for in D1. Like we need another contender in R3.

Dawgs
03-21-2017, 08:49 PM
Talking about D1 R3...Is Navasota really done? Or was that just an outlier season in 2016? Will they contend again? How much of a step back is Stafford going to take losing their coach? A lot of questions. Only real constants I see are Carthage, EC, and Kilgore. You pretty much know what you are getting with those 3. Henderson is a little inconsistent. One year they look like state champs, and the next year they won't make the playoffs. Stafford lost their coach. Who knows about Navasota. Silsbee always has the studs. Is their new coach going to take the next step in year 2? Those boys were playing good last year when Carthage played them in the 1st round. Switched from the spread to a more run oriented multiple set offense last year. Lots of questions that will be answered. Ugghh. Another 5 months until August.

speedbump
03-21-2017, 09:33 PM
A team I will be interested in seeing is Sealy. They got them a new HC that is going to have success. I think Sealy always has the jimmies and joes. Now they got a guy that is going to build a program. Only question is how long will it take? Will they challenge El Campo or Stafford for a district title this year? Might be a team to watch out for in D1. Like we need another contender in R3.

Forget Sealy - think BayCity