PDA

View Full Version : Silsbee should be embarrassed with themselves.

coach
02-09-2017, 12:44 PM
The student - athlete, and I use that term very loosely, who sucker punched an opponent Tuesday night was suspended for the rest of the year. The community and students want to host a pep rally in his support and the team is threatening to boycott the season if they don't let him back on and play. He should actually be arrested and to never play an UIL sport again. He committed a crime and deserves every bit of punishment he gets. It is sad to see that this is our society. No repercussions for your actions anymore and I think we all know who we can blame for that the past 8 years. The administration should shut this nonsense down immediately. Get his butt out of the program and end all discussions of support. Absolutely pathetic.

Rabid Cougar
02-09-2017, 12:47 PM
It always someone else's faulty!

Rocket Man
02-09-2017, 01:41 PM
What happened??

coach
02-09-2017, 01:59 PM
My bad. I thoiught it was already discussed on this board. Basically a huge brawl between LCM and Sillsbee last Tuesday night and the game was canceled. One of the Silsbee players sucker punched an innocent kid from LCM. They first came out and said he was kicked off the team and now he the community and players are wanting him back.

I will see if I can find a link of the fight.

AggiesAreWe
02-09-2017, 02:02 PM
The student - athlete, and I use that term very loosely, who sucker punched an opponent Tuesday night was suspended for the rest of the year. The community and students want to host a pep rally in his support and the team is threatening to boycott the season if they don't let him back on and play. He should actually be arrested and to never play an UIL sport again. He committed a crime and deserves every bit of punishment he gets. It is sad to see that this is our society. No repercussions for your actions anymore and I think we all know who we can blame for that the past 8 years. The administration should shut this nonsense down immediately. Get his butt out of the program and end all discussions of support. Absolutely pathetic.

The team (a few players) are acting off the emotions of some stupid adults calling for boycott. It's not happening. Player that was suspended wants the team to carry on.

The rally is to support the team in this trying time and uplift the suspended player. Now I have no doubt some will use this rally as a platform to vent their personal agendas.

I do agree that this rally should not be held on school property but I have no problem with the rally. I know the few that got this together and what was their original intent.

I also agree with his punishment. He should not be allowed to play the rest of the season.

Scoop27
02-09-2017, 02:07 PM
I covered a Boling and East Bernard boys basketball game about 12 years ago and the game was called with 40 seconds left with Boling leading by 10 and an altercation broke out. There were no punches thrown but it went down in the record book with both teams recording a loss

coach
02-09-2017, 02:07 PM
The team (a few players) are acting off the emotions of some stupid adults calling for boycott. It's not happening. Player that was suspended wants the team to carry on.

The rally is to support the team in this trying time and uplift the suspended player. Now I have no doubt some will use this rally as a platform to vent their personal agendas.

I do agree that this rally should not be held on school property but I have no problem with the rally. I know the few that got this together and what was their original intent.

I also agree with his punishment. He should not be allowed to play the rest of the season.

And yes I completely understand this person is just a kid. We all deserve teaching moments and 2nd chances. However, when you pull this kind of stunt the punishment needs to be tough enough for him to remember this mistake for the rest of his life.

coach
02-09-2017, 02:11 PM
http://www.12newsnow.com/news/local/silsbee-hs-basketball-player-tweets-apology-after-punching-lc-m-player-from-behind-during-game/404177978

Saggy Aggie
02-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Holy smokes..... out the rest of the season is an understatement.... he's gonna be extremely lucky if he doesn't end up in jail....

But man, that LCM player did nothing to defend his teammate.....

coach
02-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Holy smokes..... out the rest of the season is an understatement.... he's gonna be extremely lucky if he doesn't end up in jail....

But man, that LCM player did nothing to defend his teammate.....

100% agree. And after he hit the kid he started backing up.

AggiesAreWe
02-09-2017, 04:43 PM
The rally has been canceled

bobcat1
02-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Sickens me. What happened to Sportsmanship in Sports?

Saggy Aggie
02-09-2017, 08:07 PM
100% agree. And after he hit the kid he started backing up.
Any idea why he singled that kid out?

coach
02-10-2017, 10:04 AM
Any idea why he singled that kid out?

I don't think so. Hell the kid wasn't even looking his way. Lokos to me like he wanted to look tough so he wacked a poor kid that wasn't doing anything wrong.