PDA

View Full Version : anahuac's defense or orangefield's offense.... who will come out on top???

ball_hawk_5
10-07-2002, 12:45 PM
who is better.... anahuac's defense or orangefield's offense??????
i think that we are better on defense than orangefield is on offense. even though they have a good runnin back... i think we can stop him and make tj\hem pass the ball , which they are not very good at .. and we (anahuac) have a verry good secondary and we will stop the pass... also our offensive line are all returning all district players who know how to play...

Compudyne
10-07-2002, 12:56 PM
You guys barely beat Tarkington 14-6. I wouldn't be patting myself on the back too hard.

QBKilla
10-07-2002, 01:17 PM
You also gave up 35 points to Barbers Hill and Hamshire Fannett.

Bobkat
10-07-2002, 01:28 PM
To me Orangefield's offense against Anahuac's defense is not the issue in this game. To me it boils down to Orangefield's defense against Anahuac's offense. Our defense has not played well the last two weeks, after it looked to be the strong point of our team. If we can control Anahuac's QB and make him throw the ball, we'll be okay. Their running game scares me a little, cause they ran the ball well against H-F between the 20's. They just couldn't finish drives, something Orangefield hasn't done real well either. As far as our offense, we like to run the ball and I believe we'll have success against Anahuac's D much like H-F did. If we have to throw we can and we're pretty good at it. Don't really know where you get that we're not a good passing team. Orangefield qualified last year for the state tournament in 7 on 7 action, so we can put it in the air when we have to. We just haven't really needed to throw the ball this year. As far as Anahuac's passing game, I wasn't real impressed with it against H-F. Maybe he just had a bad game that night, that's the only game I've seen him play this year, but 6-16 for 38 yards and an INT wasn't very impressive. Bottomline, Anahauc scares me!!! Should be a good tussle this Friday in Orangefield.

FBmania
10-07-2002, 03:09 PM
This game looks to be pretty even. The winner should get an early jump on the 3rd playoff spot. Good luck to both squads.

Birdman
10-07-2002, 05:43 PM
Having seen Anahuac and Orangefield on consecutive nights, I can see why it is hard to figure out how they stack up against each other. I think Bobkat has it right, the key is the Panther QB. If they can control him, they can shut down Anahuac's offense. He appears to me to be a bigger threat to run than throw. The Panthers know their job is to stop Sauceda which is no small order. My pick is Orangefield in a game that will be tight for 3 quarters and then opening it up in the 4th. Orangefield 28 - Anahuac 14