PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Navarro Panther fans! Question for ya!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-06-2017, 11:21 PM
What would you tell someone who says the Slot-T is an "outdated" offense and "no longer relevant in today's high school football"?

Don't hold back now.

bag-o-chips
02-07-2017, 07:10 AM
Among other things it is boring and not flashy. Yes it is not flag football for sure. Many people just want to follow the herd.
Actually it helps teams with smaller players and schools. The Slot T if run correctly can be your best defense by holding the ball or you can pop a quick one for a score.
We have been blessed with a Coach who also knows how to Spread the ball when needed. It all comes down to matchups in a game. Does not matter what you do it is 11 players on one side vs 11 on the other side. Who executes will win the game. Pretty simple.

I think under Coach Goad Navarro is 97-25 and Five 10 win plus seasons in a row for this outdated Offense is fine by me!

Super_R
02-07-2017, 11:12 AM
I've seen this same offense win 38 games in a row...winning back to back state championships along the way. When run correctly with enough bullets...it is deadly!

WOS87
02-07-2017, 07:51 PM
Pray you don't run into WOS running it though. We haven't lost to a Slot-T offense this decade unless maybe Coldspring(?) and stopped it cold 11 or 12 times this past season. I'm pretty sure Liberty Hill at their peak could have though.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-07-2017, 07:56 PM
WOS was a completely different animal the past few years. I don't think even Liberty Hill during their prime would have won, to be honest. But against any other R3 team? Give me Navarro and their Slot-T anyday.

The reason why I asked is because there is a certain Port Isabel fan (not me) who says the Slot-T is an outdated offense. There's a halfway decent chance the Slot-T will be returning to Port Isabel and this guy is doing everything he can to discredit any coach who runs a Slot-T.

Interestingly enough though, this same person was very interested in having Jerry Long come to Port Isabel. Feel free to laugh out loud at that one.

WOS87
02-07-2017, 08:39 PM
I've always been a huge Tarpons fan. Whatever happens I'll be rooting for you down there in R4. Navarro and LH both did very well in that Region although LH moved between 3 regions over the years so can't really be called a traditional R4 team.

SaltySixes
02-07-2017, 09:58 PM
I would say.... thanks for all of the high praise! even though you guys beat us back it 2012, Which btw was probably our best team along with this years 2016 team.

Seriously though, i would tell him to take a closer look. All it takes in highschool is too run any offense very well, it doesnt matter which one you run. Thats why it is so important to have a great coach!