PDA

View Full Version : Hardin and Orangefield have great football past season!

Old Cardinal
03-24-2003, 01:25 PM
The Hardin Hornets were picked last in some polls last season. Likewise, the Orangefield Bobcats were picked next-to-last in 21-3A preseason Polls. Instead, OF came in second in District, followed by Hardin who finished at third! Sometime we forget about the teams that excell over the preseason predicitions....Can you share with us some Cinderella teams from your District?

X21AAAPlayer
03-24-2003, 08:38 PM
No offense to anyone but I do beleive that it wasn't a real cinderella story. Just the fact that we were in a weak district. I mean bridge city was a decent team this past year and they beat both of those teams by a combined total of 78-0. Yes BC did have close games with the other teams but it was due to early subbing and slacking off after the 2nd quarter.. perhaps a weakness that will hurt BC in the next season.

Old Cardinal
03-25-2003, 03:26 PM
You know x21aaa player: BC was projected to do well, and played for the Region III Championship, winning 11 games...I was just pointing out that these two teams were picked for the cellar and were able to surprise a lot of people and finish 2rd and 3rd. To me that was a great season accomplishment, for them. They don't have the larger enrollment to pick players from; especially Hardin, they are one of the smallest 3A's in the state.

Chris Hart
03-25-2003, 07:47 PM
Old Card, I would say Liberty Hill had a really good cinderella season. They were picked to finish 5th out of the six teams in 25-3A, they went 10-2 before losing a controversial game to Yoakum. They also posted a 35-28 win over division II champ Bandera in district play. This was the best season they've had in a long time.