PDA

View Full Version : Bring out the Fungo's

duckhunter
01-27-2017, 11:25 AM
Baseball season has begun.:clap::clap::clap::2thumbsup:2thumbsup

coach
01-27-2017, 11:29 AM
My first dog was named Fungo. RIP Fungo and thanks for bringing that up. i was devastated when he died in 1998.....

bobcat1
01-27-2017, 01:06 PM
pancho is watering dirt again. He happy

XMan
01-27-2017, 02:27 PM
Duck hunter, how are the Austin county teams going to be in baseball this year. Also, you only have 2 days of duck hunting left, you better get after it.

Rabid Cougar
01-27-2017, 03:43 PM
Of course, its freaking cold!

duckhunter
01-30-2017, 09:20 AM
Duck hunter, how are the Austin county teams going to be in baseball this year. Also, you only have 2 days of duck hunting left, you better get after it.

Not sure on the Brahmas. With the coaching carousel the past couple years it is hard to get a good read. I expect them to be good like always and battle for the district championship.

I wouldn't sleep on the Tigers in Sealy this year. I am hearing good things at Cross Roads Tavern. A bunch of the local folk are very happy to see Cerny on the staff. Not many folk are too high on Montier, so they are counting on David to work some of his magic. With his son a senior, and a lefty arm I expect him to have a good year especially with David calling the pitches. Word is their are some good ball players who are fresh/soph???

I haven't heard much on the Buffs, Leps, Smithville Tigers, etc....seems to be pretty quiet along the banks of the Colorado

XMan
01-30-2017, 12:40 PM
Word at the windmill in cat spring is that sealy has a German fellow that was hurt most of last year that can really bring it. 88-90. Combined with the black Czech, that should be a heck of a staff. Sealy has been mediocre at best since the days of the cardinal leader. Good enough to make the playoffs, never go past 2nd rd. Bellville has a lot of guys back but they too don't take it very serious. It's just something to do between football seasons. Maybe this year will be different for both.