PDA

View Full Version : What happend with Russel Roark

spiveyrat
02-05-2004, 03:44 PM
I read somewhere he was indicted by Grand Jury. Will there be a trial? if so, when? I assume he's still coaching?

spiveyrat
02-06-2004, 06:38 AM
No one knows?

RiverRatDad
02-06-2004, 07:57 AM
DA expects the case to come to trial in the late summer. Rice's superintendent is gone, but don't know how that will affect Roark. As far as I know, nothing has changed with Roark's employment status.

spiveyrat
02-06-2004, 12:17 PM
RiverRatDad:
Rice's superintendent is gone, but don't know how that will affect Roark.Was that related to "the incident", or separate?
Thanks for your reply.

RiverRatDad
02-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Spiveyrat, check your pm.

Dugoutcoach
02-08-2004, 11:39 AM
It would be a stretch to try and prove that "The Incident" was not related to Gott's departure, but the word is that he was on a course to retirement anyway, (one might presume that the timing of his retirement was "influenced" by the events of last fall and one might further conclude that his decision to be a staunch supporter of his obviously "good friend" (and now indicted atheletic director) was in "influenced" by his impending retirement)

Gobbla2001
02-08-2004, 05:25 PM
What sucks is that the Raiders went from a semi-tough district to a really tough district... And from what I've read and heard (Rice fans slap the hell out of me if I'm wrong), they've gone from a tough as nails team to a semi-tough team...

Raider4ever
02-08-2004, 05:54 PM
Well not really gobbla. I mean where still really tuff. This senior class will leave a big whole on the line. But i think some of the younger guys will fill in just as good. If not better. They just need to really work on there Weight lifting and get some real muscle on themselves. But other then that we one of the running backs comeing back Charles Huffman... I think we will do an ok job next year. We shall probley hold are own in district and make playoffs but i dont think we go far.. I'm not saying i hope we dont go far. But it will be a tough challenge. Anyways my sport is here Baseball i hope i have a good senior year.(and this is a stretch but i hope we even might make it to the playoffs) Welp Goodbye!

Tiger Turtle
02-09-2004, 10:11 AM
From the looks of that post, somebody should be spending more time in class and less in the weight room...

St. Ivender
02-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Tiger Turtle:
From the looks of that post, somebody should be spending more time in class and less in the weight room...Amen!!

JasperDog94
02-09-2004, 10:29 AM
It was prety tuff to reed that post. I thout I was jest iletarite or sumthin.

Phil C
02-09-2004, 05:25 PM
It's probably the typing. A lot of the young ones don't have the typing skills.