PDA

View Full Version : Edna Powerlifting Invitatational Results

Scoop27
01-23-2017, 01:36 PM
https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2017/jan/21/victoria-east-boys-finish-first-at-edna-invitation/

waterboy
01-24-2017, 10:36 AM
My daughter's school just created a powerlifting team this year. My daughter never did any powerlifting before this season started. She came in 2nd in her first ever meet. I'm proud of her. She could've done at least 50 more pounds overall, which would've easily won the meet. The coaches underestimated her maxes. In practice yesterday, she did 3 reps on the squat at 10 pounds over the max she had in the meet. She said her lifts in the meet were too easy. She has another meet this Saturday. She should go up at least another 35 pounds total, maybe more.

coach
01-24-2017, 10:56 AM
Rule number 1 - Non UIL Sports is not allowed on this board.

waterboy
01-24-2017, 12:45 PM
Rule number 1 - Non UIL Sports is not allowed on this board.

It's still a high school sport! I am glad the UIL is not involved.

By the way, Gilmer won both the boys and girls team gold at the Ore City Invitational.

XMan
01-25-2017, 07:49 AM
im not sure why schools are allowed to pay stipends, entry fees, provide transportation, and uniforms/facilities for powerlifting since it is not a uil sanctioned event.

coach
01-25-2017, 09:57 AM
im not sure why schools are allowed to pay stipends, entry fees, provide transportation, and uniforms/facilities for powerlifting since it is not a uil sanctioned event.

No kidding. Especially with the budget cuts going on.