PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Long still looking

Scoop27
01-20-2017, 01:37 PM
Looks like former East Bernard and Corpus Christi Mary Carroll football coach Jerry Long is still without a head coaching job.
Wonder if he'll find an opening or be content as an assistant somewhere, or even retire?
Jerry has a stellar record while he was at East Bernard, and probably one of the most underated coaches in state/
Wonder if he would be interested for the Edna Job since it's now open

Crow22
01-20-2017, 06:24 PM
Looks like former East Bernard and Corpus Christi Mary Carroll football coach Jerry Long is still without a head coaching job.
Wonder if he'll find an opening or be content as an assistant somewhere, or even retire?
Jerry has a stellar record while he was at East Bernard, and probably one of the most underated coaches in state/
Wonder if he would be interested for the Edna Job since it's now open

Good Lord, Scoop.....

Jerry is just fine.

Calm down.

Yoe_09
01-21-2017, 12:18 AM
He can come down to Cameron and be an assistant if he doesn't land something else. I know he's used to the slot-t, but a couple of things.

1. His son probably wants to go out a winner.
2. You like football, you're not gonna find a more dedicated place. We will be in the business of winning a state championship.
3. Cameron and EB aren't all that different......lots of Czech folk around here.

Major "long" shot, but hey, there's my pitch.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-21-2017, 01:24 AM
Edna job just came open. I wouldn't be surprised if he applied for that. There's also Liberty Hill that came open recently, and it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted another Slot-T coach.

zebrablue2
01-21-2017, 08:51 AM
He can come down to Cameron and be an assistant if he doesn't land something else. I know he's used to the slot-t, but a couple of things.

1. His son probably wants to go out a winner.
2. You like football, you're not gonna find a more dedicated place. We will be in the business of winning a state championship.
3. Cameron and EB aren't all that different......lots of Czech folk around here.

Major "long" shot, but hey, there's my pitch.

:rolleyes: LOL-- I like it!!! At least gives Scoop another option..........

Matthew328
01-22-2017, 09:57 PM
Cant see Long going after Liberty Hill...Edna is certainly in play as is Port Isabel....and its still fairly early

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-23-2017, 06:30 PM
Cant see Long going after Liberty Hill...Edna is certainly in play as is Port Isabel....and its still fairly early

I'd give Edna the edge over Port Isabel, since it's closer to home for him.

But Port Isabel has all that high quality fishing......