View Full Version : ⚾️ MLB Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Roughneck93
01-18-2017, 06:17 PM
:2thumbsup

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2fQVSdXUAAbyoe.jpg

Roughneck93
01-18-2017, 06:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2fRVDmUUAEL3kV.jpg
https://mobile.twitter.com/astros?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctw gr%5Eauthor

Roughneck93
01-18-2017, 07:04 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3882247/BagwellStance.gif

Roughneck93
01-18-2017, 07:06 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3882235/Bagwell3HR-2.gif

Roughneck93
01-18-2017, 07:12 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3882147/Bagwell400.gif

Roughneck93
01-18-2017, 07:13 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3882207/BagwellHits.gif

Scoop27
01-18-2017, 07:47 PM
I got to interview Jeff several times when I was the sports editor of the Wharton Journal-Spectator way back when.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-18-2017, 07:48 PM
Pudge should be the only one that gets in, Bagwell outside shot. Raines nope.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-18-2017, 08:14 PM
Pudge should be the only one that gets in, Bagwell outside shot. Raines nope.LOL just notice those are the 3 that got in guess being up since 6am to start working by driving to Beeville to Victoria then Flour Bluff took its toll on me misreading roughnech93 thread topic.

coach
01-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Its a shame that Bonds, Schilling, Clemens, Edgar Martinez, and Pete Rose aren't in, but Bags and Tim Raines are.

I ma embarrassed for our writers and baseball reps who have blacklisted Schilling.

OldBison75
01-19-2017, 02:58 PM
I agree with you Coach. Bonds, Clemens, Schilling, Martinez, and Pete Rose have proven that they are Hall of Fame Players. I just think that we sometimes forget that no matter what they were accused of, or even admitted to, they all contributed to the teams they played for and to the game of baseball. For the pitchers in the group, did steroids really enhance their performance? They still had to throw the ball over the plate and nothing enhanced their ability to do just that. For the hitters and fielders, they still had to make the swings and catch the balls and drugs don't give you the coordination and skill to do those things. If these non pitchers were judged only on the number of homers they hit it would be one thing, but they contributed to their teams in so many other ways. And, no one has ever played the game with the style and hustle of Pete Rose. He is punished for what he did as a manager, not as a player.

coach
01-19-2017, 03:57 PM
And I should clarify my statement. What I should have said is that it is embarrassing that those players I mentioned aren't in. I wasn't trying to Bash Tim Raines or Bags. I think we can all agree that those players i mentioned are better than Raines and Bags.

speedbump
01-19-2017, 05:26 PM
If they ever put Rose in, they might as well bulldoze the whole thing down.

coach
01-20-2017, 09:59 AM

But you are good with Ty Cobb in the Hall?

Crow22
01-20-2017, 11:01 AM

Pete Rose bet on baseball and when he bet on his team, he bet on his team to win. If that makes you ineligible to ever be inducted into the HOF, then the entire process should be scrapped. Nobody played harder than Rose. Nobody.

I would venture to guess that the HOF is filled with guys who, at one point or another, placed bets on baseball. Pete Rose isn't the only gambler that ever played the game.

Also, if you could ever point to ONE instance where Rose seemingly did something to "throw" a game, I'd be 100% with you in saying keep him out. However, you can't do that. He played to WIN every single time he stepped on the field or in the dugout.

Ty Cobb is revered as a Hall of Famer....and he's also generally regarded as one of the worst humans ever.

Incredibly hypocritical that Rose isn't in the Hall.

coach
01-20-2017, 11:04 AM
Pete Rose bet on baseball and when he bet on his team, he bet on his team to win. If that makes you ineligible to ever be inducted into the HOF, then the entire process should be scrapped. Nobody played harder than Rose. Nobody.

I would venture to guess that the HOF is filled with guys who, at one point or another, placed bets on baseball. Pete Rose isn't the only gambler that ever played the game.

Also, if you could ever point to ONE instance where Rose seemingly did something to "throw" a game, I'd be 100% with you in saying keep him out. However, you can't do that. He played to WIN every single time he stepped on the field or in the dugout.

Ty Cobb is revered as a Hall of Famer....and he's also generally regarded as one of the worst humans ever.

Incredibly hypocritical that Rose isn't in the Hall.

100% Agree.

speedbump
01-20-2017, 01:20 PM
But you are good with Ty Cobb in the Hall?

So you are one of those people who think two wrongs make a right?

Weebe
01-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Rose only acknowledged that he bet on his team. I wouldn't expect that he would acknowledge if he bet against them.

Crow22
01-20-2017, 02:33 PM
Rose only acknowledged that he bet on his team. I wouldn't expect that he would acknowledge if he bet against them.

Well, if he DID bet against his own team, he did a terrible job of making his bet a winner because he played his @ss off.

Evidence recovered just a couple years ago show that he bet ON his team to win. Nothing was found that said he'd bet AGAINST his team.

Again, the HOF is filled with less than stellar character guys. And if any commissioner had an axe to grind like Bart did against Rose, then any number of guys could have been busted for gambling on baseball.

Weebe
01-20-2017, 04:28 PM
Well, if he DID bet against his own team, he did a terrible job of making his bet a winner because he played his @ss off.

Evidence recovered just a couple years ago show that he bet ON his team to win. Nothing was found that said he'd bet AGAINST his team.

Again, the HOF is filled with less than stellar character guys. And if any commissioner had an axe to grind like Bart did against Rose, then any number of guys could have been busted for gambling on baseball.

Hey, I think Rose should be in. I'm just saying I wouldn't take his word on such matters.

speedbump
01-20-2017, 04:50 PM

The number one rule in ML baseball is, you do not bet on a baseball game period. It's on the wall of every club house in he Majors and it's been there since the Black Sox scandal in 1919. Rose lied over and over and over. His arrogance and ignorance were unbelievable as he thumbed his nose at the game the players and the fans that paid his salary. It makes no difference if he only bet on his team to win (according to the liar himself) especially when he was manager. That was when he compromised the integrity of the game the most. He has no business near the HOF parking lot.