PDA

View Full Version : Sealy News Shane Mobley story

Scoop27
01-12-2017, 01:47 PM
It is with great pleasure that Sealy Independent School District announces Mr. Shane Mobley as the new athletic director and head football coach leading the Sealy Tigers. Mobey comes to Sealy from Sweetwater, Texas, where he recently coached the Mustangs in the 2016 Region 1 4A Division II State Championship game. Over the past three seasons, Mobley led the Mustangs to records of 13-1, 12-1 and 13-2. He has been a defensive coach for two state football championship teams while at Sonora and Prosper. He has amassed a career record of 184 wins and 47 losses.

Mobley has been a power and conditioning coordinator, coach track, powerlifting, wrestling, basketball, and numerous UIL academic events. Under his leadership as an athletic director last year, 15 of the district’s 16 sports qualified for state playoffs.

“We were impressed by the quality of applicants we received for this position, but Coach Mobley stood out from the very beginning,” said Sheryl Moore, superintendent for Sealy ISD. “He exemplifies excellence, strong character and high standards. We were looking for someone who could win, but more importantly, someone who will be a leader for us beyond the field with respect to student achievement and involvement in the community.”

Ryan Reichardt, Sealy ISD board of trustees president, said, “I know we made the right choice with Shane Mobley. We talked to a lot of good men who were great at certain aspects of their job, but Coach Mobley excels in all of the areas of leadership and success that are important to our district. He is everything we were hoping to find in a new athletic director and head football coach. I believe the community will be very pleased.”

Coach Mobley will assume his duties in Sealy beginning Feb. 15.

duckhunter
01-13-2017, 09:01 AM
I wonder if he is planning on cleaning house at Sealy? Word is his OC is coming with him?

SealyFan
01-13-2017, 11:09 AM
It is with great pleasure that Sealy Independent School District announces Mr. Shane Mobley as the new athletic director and head football coach leading the Sealy Tigers. Mobey comes to Sealy from Sweetwater, Texas, where he recently coached the Mustangs in the 2016 Region 1 4A Division II State Championship game. Over the past three seasons, Mobley led the Mustangs to records of 13-1, 12-1 and 13-2. He has been a defensive coach for two state football championship teams while at Sonora and Prosper. He has amassed a career record of 184 wins and 47 losses.

Mobley has been a power and conditioning coordinator, coach track, powerlifting, wrestling, basketball, and numerous UIL academic events. Under his leadership as an athletic director last year, 15 of the district’s 16 sports qualified for state playoffs.

“We were impressed by the quality of applicants we received for this position, but Coach Mobley stood out from the very beginning,” said Sheryl Moore, superintendent for Sealy ISD. “He exemplifies excellence, strong character and high standards. We were looking for someone who could win, but more importantly, someone who will be a leader for us beyond the field with respect to student achievement and involvement in the community.”

Ryan Reichardt, Sealy ISD board of trustees president, said, “I know we made the right choice with Shane Mobley. We talked to a lot of good men who were great at certain aspects of their job, but Coach Mobley excels in all of the areas of leadership and success that are important to our district. He is everything we were hoping to find in a new athletic director and head football coach. I believe the community will be very pleased.”

Coach Mobley will assume his duties in Sealy beginning Feb. 15.

How does he have 184 wins when he has been a head coach for around 5 years?

Stownhorse
01-16-2017, 02:36 PM
I wonder if he is planning on cleaning house at Sealy? Word is his OC is coming with him?

I think there a quite a few coaches making the move with him including the DC.