PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater HC Shane Mobley leaving for Sealy

Phantom Stang
01-11-2017, 06:53 PM
It's "official"

https://twitter.com/BigCountrySport

Razorback88
01-11-2017, 06:57 PM
So why is he leaving? Was there a falling out or is his talent pool drying up? This is a lateral move @ best.

GetRDoneStangs
01-11-2017, 08:03 PM
A lot of us saw a move coming..didn't see that (Sealy) though. He resume was looking great and he was a hot commodity...so if he was wanting to move on up, the time was now for sure.

Sealy has been a powerhouse in the past...maybe he can take them back to the promised land. I just read their press release and they seem very happy to have gotten him.

Best of luck to Shane.

Now we have something to talk about for a while...."Who will be Sweetwater's next HC?"

bobcat1
01-11-2017, 08:07 PM
A lot of us saw a move coming..didn't see that (Sealy) though. He resume was looking great and he was a hot commodity...so if he was wanting to move on up, the time was now for sure.

Sealy has been a powerhouse in the past...maybe he can take them back to the promised land. I just read their press release and they seem very happy to have gotten him.

Best of luck to Shane.

Now we have something to talk about for a while...."Who will be Sweetwater's next HC?"
Black Magic???

GetRDoneStangs
01-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Black Magic???

Now that's funny! I forgot all about him!

Matthew328
01-11-2017, 08:17 PM
Sealy when they cycle up can win state titles...and from what I've been told they have some crews coming that are pretty salty

Dawgs
01-11-2017, 10:04 PM
Sealy has the athletes and tradition. I think he saw the opportunity to win titles and took the job. Sealy always has the athletes, just need somebody to put it together. Give him a couple seasons to build this program and get everything in place, and we might see them very deep in the playoffs on a consistent basis. Look forward to seeing what he can do. 4a D1 might have another contender that will be in the mix year in and year out.

STiger82
01-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Sealy when they cycle up can win state titles...and from what I've been told they have some crews coming that are pretty salty

Freshaman class has gone undefeated from 7th throught 9th! Great running game plus a damn good passing game! However, it's the defense that is stellar!

GetRDoneStangs
01-12-2017, 06:33 AM
Freshaman class has gone undefeated from 7th throught 9th! Great running game plus a damn good passing game! However, it's the defense that is stellar!

Mobley is a great defensive coach. If you guy's are already strong there....opponents better look out. He will probably have a big hand with the defense and hire a OC that takes care of that side of the ball and stay out of that pretty much. He was defensive coach before he got his 1st head coach position at Sweetwater.

Stownhorse
01-12-2017, 09:00 AM
I heard the OC is going with him.

Well, I guess it's time for me to crawl back in my hole for 9 more years, forget my password, and have my post count reset to 0, again. See y'all in 2026.

Scoop27
01-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Maybe Jerry Long will be an assistant at another school. Not that many openings around so far. Doubt he would be interested at Stafford or Port Isabel. Should have stayed at East Bernard in the first place. I knew he wouldn't fit in a a big city school in Corpus

wedo
01-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Maybe Jerry Long will be an assistant at another school. Not that many openings around so far. Doubt he would be interested at Stafford or Port Isabel. Should have stayed at East Bernard in the first place. I knew he wouldn't fit in a a big city school in Corpus

What's this have to do with Sweetwater??

Matthew328
01-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Yes Sweetwater's OC is going to Sealy also...he's from the Houston area originally

Saggy Aggie
01-12-2017, 09:53 PM
Better athletes at sealy generally