PDA

View Full Version : Off-season football time

XMan
01-09-2017, 07:28 AM
This week will be the first full week of off-season football for all the teams across the state. What will your team be doing to get ready for the fall? (Strength/conditioning, mental toughness, plays/schemes/formations, reads, 7 on 7 drills, team building) what is going to push your team over the top?

coach
01-09-2017, 10:00 AM
This week will be the first full week of off-season football for all the teams across the state. What will your team be doing to get ready for the fall? (Strength/conditioning, mental toughness, plays/schemes/formations, reads, 7 on 7 drills, team building) what is going to push your team over the top?

We have after school practice starting today. Full pads and a scrimmage with Carthage on Friday.

Rabid Cougar
01-09-2017, 10:42 AM
This week will be the first full week of off-season football for all the teams across the state. What will your team be doing to get ready for the fall? what is going to push your team over the top?

Recruiting a new QB and LBs.

lostaussie
01-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Gilmer is playing game 1 of a 52 game schedule.

coach
01-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Recruiting a new QB and LBs.

We have an in - home visit with one of your commitments. Rumor has it he might flip to FF. Offense suits him better and guaranteed to play immediately. And we can hook him up with free lunch in the cafeteria. Beat that China Spring!

Rocket Man
01-09-2017, 12:56 PM
Team just got back from Florida after scrimmaging both Alabama and Clemson to help them prepare the Championship game tonight.

Record in scrimmages: 1 -1; I'm not gonna say who we beat.

The Cowboys called, but we're already committed to the Patriots for Wed - Fri.

lostaussie
01-09-2017, 01:12 PM
Strength/conditioning and mental toughness are truly overrated.

MUSTANG69
01-09-2017, 01:19 PM
Obviously, Ingleside had a horrible season (0-10). It has recently been discovered that the Russians hacked the athletic dept. computers and gave the team secrets away to our opponents. Counselors are now being brought in to explain to the team that it was not their fault that they were arguably the worst team in the history of Ingleside football. Hot cocoa and security blankets will be provided for all who attend the meetings. Puppies will be provided for the more traumatized. This should make the Mustangs a really good team next year.

coach
01-09-2017, 01:26 PM
Team just got back from Florida after scrimmaging both Alabama and Clemson to help them prepare the Championship game tonight.

Record in scrimmages: 1 -1; I'm not gonna say who we beat.

The Cowboys called, but we're already committed to the Patriots for Wed - Fri.

Coach said if we have a good practice this week he is taking us to the Jiggly Bar in Corsicana as a reward.

coach
01-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Obviously, Ingleside had a horrible season (0-10). It has recently been discovered that the Russians hacked the athletic dept. computers and gave the team secrets away to our opponents. Counselors are now being brought in to explain to the team that it was not their fault that they were arguably the worst team in the history of Ingleside football. Hot cocoa and security blankets will be provided for all who attend the meetings. Puppies will be provided for the more traumatized. This should make the Mustangs a really good team next year.

Please tell me the kids all got a personalized trophy for effort and commitment as well.

Rocket Man
01-09-2017, 01:39 PM
This thread is bordering on the hilarious......Russian hacking, puppies, trophies......................:spitlol:

Ville-D
01-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Not sure the is what XMan intended when he started this thread.

But it is good stuff.

Ville-D
01-09-2017, 01:57 PM
FYI, Stephenville will be dropping down one more classification next year. Get ready 3A... (3 more realignments until we can finally play some 6 man)

coach
01-09-2017, 02:05 PM
FYI, Stephenville will be dropping down one more classification next year. Get ready 3A... (3 more realignments until we can finally play some 6 man)

Those UFO's are picking up kids left and right.

d0tc0m
01-09-2017, 02:21 PM
Rumor is Celina is going basketball only next year. Possibly soccer, too -- my source wasn't sure on that one. Football's definitely gone, though. Townspeople couldn't stand the near decade-long title drought any longer.

XMan
01-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Not sure the is what XMan intended when he started this thread.

But it is good stuff.

Man, this is great. Just wanted to see what folks are doing out there to get ready for the fall of 16. These little secrets are awesome. I was kind of thinking that some of the teams (fairfield) would wait until after the world series to let football season take its turn, but boy was I wrong. With all this great prep work, these teams should be undefeated next year!

d0tc0m
01-09-2017, 03:10 PM
Man, this is great. Just wanted to see what folks are doing out there to get ready for the fall of 16.

Folks getting ready for the fall of '16 are probably brushing up on their String Theory and working out temporal paradox issues, while also weighing the metaphysical consequences of double occupancy and things like inconsistent and consistent causal loops.

44INAROW
01-09-2017, 03:15 PM
Gilmer is playing game 1 of a 52 game schedule.

I hope they put Cuero on their schedule :)

Rabid Cougar
01-09-2017, 03:23 PM
We have an in - home visit with one of your commitments. Rumor has it he might flip to FF. Offense suits him better and guaranteed to play immediately. And we can hook him up with free lunch in the cafeteria. Beat that China Spring!

We have targeted two RB's in Fairfield should fit in nicely with CS offense and O-line.

lostaussie
01-09-2017, 05:57 PM
I hope they put Cuero on their schedule :)

No doubt. It's during our deep south tour of Texas.

coach
01-10-2017, 10:03 AM
We have targeted two RB's in Fairfield should fit in nicely with CS offense and O-line.

They are ineligible. They didn't pass my class last week.

44INAROW
01-10-2017, 11:02 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/IMG_0195.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/44inarow/media/IMG_0195.jpg.html)

Gobblers putting in time.....

coach
01-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Man, this is great. Just wanted to see what folks are doing out there to get ready for the fall of 16. These little secrets are awesome. I was kind of thinking that some of the teams (fairfield) would wait until after the world series to let football season take its turn, but boy was I wrong. With all this great prep work, these teams should be undefeated next year!

Speaking of The World Series, every year our school hosts The World Series of Poker in the locker room. Teachers and students are welcomed.

Rabid Cougar
01-11-2017, 02:57 PM
They are ineligible. They didn't pass my class last week.

:fnypost:

coach
01-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Yesterday at practice we had our star running back get hurt and the coach and trainer tried to get him to take illegal pain killers. Then the injured star qb and the new and upcoming qb stopped the coach and refused to play for him. So the coach quit. We only have one coach so the star qb took over for practice. We even put in a new play... the hook and ladder. other than that off season is going pretty good. Oh, and a few other guys caught one of our teachers at a strip club.

d0tc0m
01-12-2017, 09:43 AM
Yesterday at practice we had our star running back get hurt and the coach and trainer tried to get him to take illegal pain killers. Then the injured star qb and the new and upcoming qb stopped the coach and refused to play for him. So the coach quit. We only have one coach so the star qb took over for practice. We even put in a new play... the hook and ladder. other than that off season is going pretty good. Oh, and a few other guys caught one of our teachers at a strip club.

How's Billy Bob doing post-concussion?

XMan
01-12-2017, 10:32 AM
The pitch count will make it interesting for the small schools. You may see a lot of conferences on the mound where the baseball sponsor brings the whole team up. He then asks if anyone on the team had ever pitched before. The one guys says, yes, when I was 10. That guy is the next pitcher. My opinion is that it will become very evident to see which coaches/programs are able to develop pitchers and which places dont put alot of time and effort into standaround. Sub varsity tournaments could get real interesting and really not fun to watch.

coach
01-12-2017, 10:38 AM
How's Billy Bob doing post-concussion?

Didn't he die?

lostaussie
01-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Man I hate finding out bad news through a message board. You guys couldn't even call and give a brother a heads up?

XMan
01-12-2017, 10:54 AM
Please delete this, wrong topic!!!!

d0tc0m
01-12-2017, 11:05 AM
Didn't he die?

Man, I hadn't heard that. Prayers to his family and the rest of the West Canaan community.