PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Wylie insight...

slingshot
12-27-2016, 05:46 PM
Talked to several of our senior players and gained some pretty interesting insight about our season. They were very complimentary of Carthage. Said they were very fundamentally sound, did not miss assignments and were the best coached team we played this year. Also said the players did not talk trash and were very classy. They were very realistic about the championship game and knew the turnovers cost us the game and that mistakes seem to always decide these kind of games. They also also said that hands down the most athletically gifted team we played was Kennedale. They were flat out loaded with athletes. We did not beat them physically but by limiting our mistakes and taking advantage of their mistakes. Said they were also the hardest hitting team we played. Monterrey was the fastest, Hirshi was a close second. They also predicted Stephenville will be quite good next year in district and that it will come down to us and them for the district title.

As for next years team, the prevailing wisdom around here is that we will be down quite a bit (seems everyone here does this nearly every year :rolleyes:). The seniors think otherwise. We have a lot coming back on defense and if I know Coach Sandifer the offense will be humming by week 4-5. May not have as much size as this year but another deep playoff run awaits!

briandumith*
12-27-2016, 06:13 PM
Talked to several of our senior players and gained some pretty interesting insight about our season. They were very complimentary of Carthage. Said they were very fundamentally sound, did not miss assignments and were the best coached team we played this year. Also said the players did not talk trash and were very classy. They were very realistic about the championship game and knew the turnovers cost us the game and that mistakes seem to always decide these kind of games. They also also said that hands down the most athletically gifted team we played was Kennedale. They were flat out loaded with athletes. We did not beat them physically but by limiting our mistakes and taking advantage of their mistakes. Said they were also the hardest hitting team we played. Monterrey was the fastest, Hirshi was a close second. They also predicted Stephenville will be quite good next year in district and that it will come down to us and them for the district title.

As for next years team, the prevailing wisdom around here is that we will be down quite a bit (seems everyone here does this nearly every year :rolleyes:). The seniors think otherwise. We have a lot coming back on defense and if I know Coach Sandifer the offense will be humming by week 4-5. May not have as much size as this year but another deep playoff run awaits!
Sling that was a great analysis of the year. I think they will always be there. Wylie is always a good team. Some "no-name" will fill the spot and become the next player to watch. I know the team is greatful to have your dedication and effort year after year. I am glad to have meet you. The loyalty and love for the game and those young men is to be commended. Thanks bro keep it up.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

slingshot
12-28-2016, 01:00 PM
Sling that was a great analysis of the year. I think they will always be there. Wylie is always a good team. Some "no-name" will fill the spot and become the next player to watch. I know the team is greatful to have your dedication and effort year after year. I am glad to have meet you. The loyalty and love for the game and those young men is to be commended. Thanks bro keep it up.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using TapatalkThanks Brian! Means a lot coming from a true fan of the game and the kids like you...

Dawgs
12-28-2016, 02:31 PM

Good to hear. I think AW has proven they will reload every year. I am sure another deep playoff run awaits next season. It's good to hear y'all's players say good things about Carthage. Carthage prides itself on being a classy program. Some of the posters get a little sideways, but the kids and the coaching staff are 1st class. I am still in shock Carthage won a title this year. Just an unbelievable run. Bad news for everybody else is it was a year early. If you really look back at it now, Henderson, CS, Stafford, and AW we're probably all better than Carthage. True testament to the program being able to overcome all those awesome teams. 4a D1 was a lot of fun this year. Should be awesome again next year. Again congratulations to AW on a great season. It was an honor finally matching up with such a great program.