PDA

View Full Version : Dream opponents you'd like to see your team face

WOS87
12-20-2016, 01:19 AM
Sweetwater has been my number 1 for 30 years and it finally happened. As a WOS alum I've been able to check a ton of programs off of my list in the past 6 seasons including Sweetwater, Navarro, Celina, Carthage, Navasota, Cuero, Sinton, Bellville, Kennedale, La Grange and Robinson.

Before you even try to start Gilmer, Wimberley, Wharton, La Vega and Giddings don't get butthurt. We've played prior to the past six seasons.

My wishlist still includes Brownwood, Stephenville, China Spring, Abilene Wylie, El Campo, Port Isabel, Daingerfield, and Alvarado.

movethechain
12-20-2016, 01:32 AM
Sweetwater has been my number 1 for 30 years and it finally happened. As a WOS alum I've been able to check a ton a programs off of my list in the past 6 seasons including Sweetwater, Navarro, Celina, Carthage, Navasota, Cuero, Sinton, Bellville, Kennedale, La Grange and Robinson.

Before you even try to start Gilmer, Wimberley, Wharton, La Vega and Giddings don't get butthurt. We've played prior to the past six seasons.

My wishlist still includes Brownwood, Stephenville, China Spring, Abilene Wylie, El Campo, Port Isabel, Daingerfield, and Alvarado.

My dream opponents would be El Campo, Stephenville, Coldspring-OH, Giddings, Wimberly.

Dawgs
12-20-2016, 09:35 AM
My dream opponents would be El Campo, Stephenville, Coldspring-OH, Giddings, Wimberly.
Carthage dream opponent? Gilmer...Ohh wait we play almost every season! Series is tied 3-3 since 2008. Let's see who has the upper hand after 10 games! All tied up thru 6. Dawgs are going into hostile territory next year, with a loaded roster. Only question will be can Gilmer stay on the field. We might run them out of their own building!

d0tc0m
12-20-2016, 10:18 AM
As a Celina fan, I'd love to face Brownwood, Stephenville, Abilene Wylie, Wimberley, Cuero, Giddings, Sinton, Tatum and probably Atlanta, and I also wouldn't mind playing some more local big schools like Sherman and Denison, as well as maybe getting a rivalry going again with Prosper.

I'd also love to pour some gasoline on that old Pilot Point flame and get that series going again, just because it's the rivalry I grew up with and played in, etc. And I'd like to get something with Daingerfield back up again so that we can finally, finally get that monkey off our back and exorcise some ghosts of 2002.

And, last but not least, I wouldn't mind a rubber match with Liberty Hill, since we're 1-1 against each other, with one of those the epic 2006 title game, and the other the 2008 state semifinals.

I'm sure there are others that I've just forgotten about. But that's a pretty good wish list for me.

SaltySixes
12-20-2016, 12:48 PM
I would love to see my Panthers take on Seguin HS. Although that will never happen!

Old Green
12-20-2016, 01:30 PM
I would like to see Cuero play Edcouch-Elsa, Kennedale, LaVega, Tatum, Sweetwater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aggie98
12-20-2016, 02:09 PM
Argyle.

pirate4state
12-20-2016, 02:21 PM
Gilmer & Sweetwater

44INAROW
12-20-2016, 03:30 PM
I would love to see my Panthers take on Seguin HS. Although that will never happen!
why won't it happen? SHS doesn't want to get beat by the Panthers? :eek:

Scoop27
12-20-2016, 03:38 PM
Boling-Wharton
Wharton-East Bernard
El Campo-East Bernard
East Bernard-Needville
Boling-Needville
Sweeny-Boling
Louise-East Bernard

MJMbrahmas10
12-20-2016, 06:24 PM
Longhorns vs Aggies. Heard the Aggies keepin backin out tho

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-20-2016, 06:51 PM
For Port Isabel, some teams I'd love to see match up with the Tarpons....

West Orange-Stark, Wimberley, Burnet, Wharton, Giddings, Columbus, Celina, Dalhart, Perryton, Vernon, Monahans, Abilene Wylie, and Midland Greenwood

Sadly, though, Port Isabel wouldn't be able to match up well with much of any of these teams as of late. Maybe PI's 2013 team, but not today.....

Tejastrue
12-20-2016, 06:58 PM
My top 3 Celina, Gilmer and Stephenville. And why would we get butt hurt WOS87? Y'all don't want to play us again. :smoker:

footnote: Gonna be Cuero vs Wimberley next year for R-4.

bag-o-chips
12-20-2016, 07:49 PM
footnote: Gonna be Cuero vs Wimberley next year for R-4.[/QUOTE]

:crazy:

WOS87
12-21-2016, 12:38 AM
My top 3 Celina, Gilmer and Stephenville. And why would we get butt hurt WOS87? Y'all don't want to play us again. :smoker:

Oh believe me we'd love to avenge 2005! Bring it! Lol

Rabid Cougar
12-21-2016, 09:25 AM
Very simple. Anybody from Region I or II in a State Championship Game.

SaltySixes
12-21-2016, 10:25 AM
why won't it happen? SHS doesn't want to get beat by the Panthers? :eek:

Yup! They would probably get embarrassed...

SaltySixes
12-21-2016, 10:27 AM

My prediction is we will play each other twice! Who knows what will happen though!?

slingshot
12-21-2016, 12:39 PM
Very simple. Anybody from Region I or II in a State Championship Game.
Any team that can't score in 3 overtimes...

Sweetwater Red
12-21-2016, 06:08 PM
Since you said DREAM opponents, here are mine.

Cibolo Steele - have watched them play several times in person and like the way they play the game.

Euless Trinity - Have watched them a few times and how cool would it be to see them perform the Haka in Mustang Bowl?

Refugio - But only if Coach Mobley agreed to keep the foot on the gas for four full quarters.

For my realistic dream games it's easy.

Cuero - Could've played in 2005 but Tatum and Hutto screwed that up.

Sinton - Because

Rabid Cougar
12-21-2016, 06:40 PM
Any team that can't score in 3 overtimes...

really shouldn't be throwing stones.......

itmoney100
12-21-2016, 08:16 PM
In a dream match up I would like to see Carthage play. Longveiw, John Tyler, Aledo, Stephenville, Lufkin and Evangel Christian Academy (Shreveport La)

10ForTheWin
12-21-2016, 11:59 PM

Redneck Panthers too scared #onetownoneteam4lyfe

10ForTheWin
12-22-2016, 12:02 AM

Wanna make a wager on that one? Ha! Maybe the rivalry will actually be competitive again ;)

I kid I like Wimbo, 2017 game will be a classic I'm betting

10ForTheWin
12-22-2016, 12:03 AM
Since you said DREAM opponents, here are mine.

Cibolo Steele - have watched them play several times in person and like the way they play the game.

Euless Trinity - Have watched them a few times and how cool would it be to see them perform the Haka in Mustang Bowl?

Refugio - But only if Coach Mobley agreed to keep the foot on the gas for four full quarters.

For my realistic dream games it's easy.

Cuero - Could've played in 2005 but Tatum and Hutto screwed that up.

Sinton - Because

Navarro got to experience the Refugio game this year, at their place on top of that. Such a neat experience, I'm glad we didn't have to experience the typical outcome though! Lol

Dawgs
12-22-2016, 07:17 AM
In a dream match up I would like to see Carthage play. Longveiw, John Tyler, Aledo, Stephenville, Lufkin and Evangel Christian Academy (Shreveport La)

You must like seeing blowouts. Carthage couldn't stay within 20 points of any of those teams you named except Ville. Carthage might could play for a half with the others you named. I used to think the same thing. Then in 2013 we played a game with Whitehouse. We have always held our own with average 5a teams. I thought Carthage could have success with top teams in the next classification. Carthage was loaded that year. Won a state championship, with relative ease. We had a tough game in against WOS, and Kilgore played us tough in the championship. But that was as dominant and complete of a 4a team as you will find. Anyway Carthage was the number 1 team in the state, and we went up against #3 team in 5a (or maybe it was old 3a and 4a, I can't remember). We handled those boys in the 1st half. I think in the 2nd half we went up like 39 to 20. And then it happened. Our boys wore down and Pat Mahomes rattled off 43 unanswered points. The final score was 63-39. That team made it to the 3rd round of the playoff that year, and only had double the enrollment of Carthage. That's when my eyes were opened. I knew then that I was happy Carthage plays on the division they play in. I hope Carthage never plays any of the teams you named.

bird_fan
12-22-2016, 08:45 AM
I never though Gilmer or WOS would want to play Us

lostaussie
12-22-2016, 10:46 AM
I never though Gilmer or WOS would want to play Us

Lol. What would be the reasoning for your thinking?

After further research...........Would it be your runner up trophies from 1967 and 2012 that would scare us so much:thinking:

slingshot
12-22-2016, 11:50 AM
really shouldn't be throwing stones.......Likewise...

speedbump
12-22-2016, 01:45 PM
Lol. What would be the reasoning for your thinking?

After further research...........Would it be your runner up trophies from 1967 and 2012 that would scare us so much:thinking:

Who said you would be scared?

waterboy
12-22-2016, 01:59 PM
Who said you would be scared?

I guess when he said, "I never though (sic) Gilmer or WOS would want to play Us"? How else would that be interpreted?

El Campo is a little too far away from us for a regular season game, especially considering there are many teams much closer that we can play. We certainly wouldn't be playing them in the playoffs unless we go D1 next realignment.

Dawgs
12-22-2016, 02:07 PM
2 dream opponents for Carthage in 2017 for me are El Campo and La Vega. We got some unfinished business with those 2. Still got a bad taste in my mouth from 2012 with El Campo, and then they beat us again in 2014. Which 2014 we were hit hard by injuries and EC was just better. And I will never forget that beating we took from LV in 2015. Carthage just doesn't get dominated like that. 2017 Dawgs have a chance to be one of the best teams to come thru. We will have to find a QB, but that is never a problem when you got a QB whisper for a HC. So I would love to get a chance at both those teams with a team full of studs and get a chance at some revenge.

itmoney100
12-22-2016, 04:17 PM
You must like seeing blowouts. Carthage couldn't stay within 20 points of any of those teams you named except Ville. Carthage might could play for a half with the others you named. I used to think the same thing. Then in 2013 we played a game with Whitehouse. We have always held our own with average 5a teams. I thought Carthage could have success with top teams in the next classification. Carthage was loaded that year. Won a state championship, with relative ease. We had a tough game in against WOS, and Kilgore played us tough in the championship. But that was as dominant and complete of a 4a team as you will find. Anyway Carthage was the number 1 team in the state, and we went up against #3 team in 5a (or maybe it was old 3a and 4a, I can't remember). We handled those boys in the 1st half. I think in the 2nd half we went up like 39 to 20. And then it happened. Our boys wore down and Pat Mahomes rattled off 43 unanswered points. The final score was 63-39. That team made it to the 3rd round of the playoff that year, and only had double the enrollment of Carthage. That's when my eyes were opened. I knew then that I was happy Carthage plays on the division they play in. I hope Carthage never plays any of the teams you named.

The post said dream matchups. I was at the Whitehouse game in 2013. Pat Mahomes was a good quarterback! And the year before we played them and lost 23 - 22 in carthage. Still would love to see those match up especially Carthage vs Longview. We all know about classification and how much bigger the schools are but at the end of the day it's still football get on the field and play.

Dawgs
12-22-2016, 04:25 PM
The post said dream matchups. I was at the Whitehouse game in 2013. Pat Mahomes was a good quarterback! And the year before we played them and lost 23 - 22 in carthage. Still would love to see those match up especially Carthage vs Longview. We all know about classification and how much bigger the schools are but at the end of the day it's still football get on the field and play.

Ok everybody has their opinion. The games you mentioned sound like a bad dream to me. I personally hope Carthage never plays Longview.

Btw the Whitehouse score the year before was 29-27.

itmoney100
12-22-2016, 04:46 PM

You do know Carthage was beating Whitehouse this year 23 - 0 going into the 4th quarter final score 23-12 I believe. Game was never close. Team change from year to year. You may have some years where you have great athletes all the way across the board and you can compete with anybody. Coach Surratt has been here 10 seson I've personally seen three true blows in that time frame 2010 Chapel Hill beat us 49 to 14 snapping our 32 game winning streak. Whitehouse in 2013 63 to 39 and Waco La in 2015 Vega 39 - 3. I don't believe your piont is valid Chapel Hill beat us by a margin of 35 points same classification. Waco La Vega beat us by a margin of 36 points same classification. Whitehouse beat us by a margin of 24 points one classification higher.
I not say we would win but I definitely will give us a fighting chance. 3 blowout losses out of 10 years I'll take my chances.

Dawgs
12-22-2016, 05:28 PM
You do know Carthage was beating Whitehouse this year 23 - 0 going into the 4th quarter final score 23-12 I believe. Game was never close. Team change from year to year. You may have some years where you have great athletes all the way across the board and you can compete with anybody. Coach Surratt has been here 10 seson I've personally seen three true blows in that time frame 2010 Chapel Hill beat us 49 to 14 snapping our 32 game winning streak. Whitehouse in 2013 63 to 39 and Waco La in 2015 Vega 39 - 3. I don't believe your piont is valid Chapel Hill beat us by a margin of 35 points same classification. Waco La Vega beat us by a margin of 36 points same classification. Whitehouse beat us by a margin of 24 points one classification higher.
I not say we would win but I definitely will give us a fighting chance. 3 blowout losses out of 10 years I'll take my chances.

Yea I know. Like I said most years Whitehouse is an average or even slightly below average 5a team with only double the enrollment of Carthage. We can beat most average 5a teams most years. The example I have was when they were ranked 3rd in the state, and made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs. Their best season ever. I gave that as an example to try to shed some light on the difference. The teams you mentioned are 6a. Longview and JT are powerhouses with triple the enrollment of Carthage. Like I said it's just dream game thread. If you want to see Carthage play Lufkin, Longview, or JT than you must dream of blowouts. You must have never seen them play, and the depth they have. Trust me I used to think Carthage would compete with the top teams from 1 classification higher. Then I got my eyes opened. Look at Mineola this year. Won a state title, and got absolutely destroyed by a slightly above average Van team. But whatever. Not worth an argument. It's a thread about dream games anyway. You have your opinion which I can respect.

speedbump
12-22-2016, 07:35 PM
I guess when he said, "I never though (sic) Gilmer or WOS would want to play Us"? How else would that be interpreted?

El Campo is a little too far away from us for a regular season game, especially considering there are many teams much closer that we can play. We certainly wouldn't be playing them in the playoffs unless we go D1 next realignment.

How else can it be interpreted? I don't know that poster personally,but I've noticed he always takes the high road. My immediate interpretation was he figured two teams with several SC between them,wouldn't give EC a second thought.

WOS87
12-22-2016, 09:50 PM
He would be wrong. I also left off Argyle.

waterboy
12-23-2016, 10:01 AM
How else can it be interpreted? I don't know that poster personally,but I've noticed he always takes the high road. My immediate interpretation was he figured two teams with several SC between them,wouldn't give EC a second thought.

If that was what he meant, there hasn't been any contact between the schools to set anything up. That is due mainly to the logistics of such a matchup. It would requires lots of travel and added expense. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing such a matchup, but I don't see it happening with the way things are. There are a TON of schools that are closer, would draw more local interest which would increase the gate and concessions, and require much less travel time and expense. Dream matchups are just that -- "dream matchups", and for the reasons stated. We, as fans, would love to see matchups with teams from around the state, if for no other reason than to see how specific teams match up.

Gontex
12-23-2016, 11:34 AM
Don't think the Mats would want to see that happen....

SaltySixes
12-23-2016, 03:36 PM
Don't think the Mats would want to see that happen....

I assume your refferencing my post... and i agree with you, they wouldnt, it would be ugly! I just want to debunk this whole one town one team motto that Seguin has adopted... THERES TWO TEAMS! Lol

SaltySixes
12-23-2016, 03:36 PM
3 if you include lifegate

speedbump
12-23-2016, 03:38 PM
If that was what he meant, there hasn't been any contact between the schools to set anything up. That is due mainly to the logistics of such a matchup. It would requires lots of travel and added expense. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing such a matchup, but I don't see it happening with the way things are. There are a TON of schools that are closer, would draw more local interest which would increase the gate and concessions, and require much less travel time and expense. Dream matchups are just that -- "dream matchups", and for the reasons stated. We, as fans, would love to see matchups with teams from around the state, if for no other reason than to see how specific teams match up.

Why are you telling me there has not been contact between the two schools and what dream match ups are? :vrycnfsd:

waterboy
12-23-2016, 04:56 PM
Why are you telling me there has not been contact between the two schools and what dream match ups are? :vrycnfsd:

Because that's the topic of the thread..., and because of our apparent "misinterpretation" of the post in question? I read it the same way that lostaussie read it. You thought otherwise.

lostaussie
12-23-2016, 08:57 PM

Most "dream matchups" I believe are for playoff pairings only. People throw out so and so playing a team a couple divisions above them. All I want is reality. In the future, teams we could play interest me. We got to play Sweetwater this year, and even though the outcome was not what we wanted, it was still a team off my bucket list. For El Campo guys to think we don't give them a second thought would be wrong. The reputation is there and that's what I look for. Teams that can sustain. Not one year wonders. I would love to see us eventually match up with Brownwood, Stephenville, China Springs:D El Campo. Would love to see Wimbo, Sinton and Giddings also. You take what comes. We have been beyond blessed the last 15 years to get to play some amazing programs. To me, that's what makes it fun. It's what THSF is all about.

WOS87
12-23-2016, 08:59 PM
:iagree:

SaltySixes
12-23-2016, 09:02 PM
Most "dream matchups" I believe are for playoff pairings only. People throw out so and so playing a team a couple divisions above them. All I want is reality. In the future, teams we could play interest me. We got to play Sweetwater this year, and even though the outcome was not what we wanted, it was still a team off my bucket list. For El Campo guys to think we don't give them a second thought would be wrong. The reputation is there and that's what I look for. Teams that can sustain. Not one year wonders. I would love to see us eventually match up with Brownwood, Stephenville, China Springs:D El Campo. Would love to see Wimbo, Sinton and Giddings also. You take what comes. We have been beyond blessed the last 15 years to get to play some amazing programs. To me, that's what makes it fun. It's what THSF is all about.

A game vs Navarro sure would be boring then wouldnt it!

lostaussie
12-23-2016, 09:23 PM
A game vs Navarro sure would be boring then wouldnt it!

Man, you guys get really butt hurt when u get left out!!! Lol I would love to get an opportunity at Navarro too.

Weebe
12-23-2016, 10:19 PM
Man, you guys get really butt hurt when u get left out!!! Lol I would love to get an opportunity at Navarro too.

No, just him.

toddg
12-23-2016, 11:31 PM
Haha! I'm butthurt!!! But, it's because I have to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!! Hey we got to play in an old stadium called the Tomato!! bucket list be damned! LOL

WOS87
12-23-2016, 11:43 PM

Meh, I hear it's just hype. I wouldn't know though. :stirpot:

toddg
12-24-2016, 12:37 AM
Does beating a team coached by a long term Gilmer asst. coach count?

SaltySixes
12-24-2016, 02:02 AM
No, just him.

El campo is starting up on here too!

SaltySixes
12-24-2016, 02:06 AM
But no but hurt, just short on stuff to say now that the seasons over... too yall every post = butt hurt

Im just trying to entertain myself untill next year! Lol.

speedbump
12-24-2016, 12:00 PM
El campo is starting up on here too!

No, just him.

lostaussie
12-24-2016, 12:41 PM
Does beating a team coached by a long term Gilmer asst. coach count?

I'm sure it will hit me like a rock in the head.......But what are you talking about?

Dawgs
12-24-2016, 02:57 PM
I'm sure it will hit me like a rock in the head.......But what are you talking about?

Coleman at Jacksonville

SaltySixes
12-24-2016, 03:18 PM
No, just him.

Lol i see what you did there

Tejastrue
12-24-2016, 08:54 PM
To the Navarro folks. You guys have sold the house and vacated the premises. Nothing left. :wave:Can't say I was not happy to see that senior class move on. lol Time to open up a can of WA and take our revenge in 2017. :evillol: Go Texans!

SaltySixes
12-24-2016, 09:37 PM
To the Navarro folks. You guys have sold the house and vacated the premises. Nothing left. :wave:Can't say I was not happy to see that senior class move on. lol Time to open up a can of WA and take our revenge in 2017. :evillol: Go Texans!

False false false. We will return a 4 year starter at QB that desreves more than a mention, and no matter how built up or RBs are throughout the year (which is way too much in my opinion) our offense linemen are the most important, and we got a whole bunch coming back! I promise next year you will see the back of Tyler Laws jersey (younger brother of Tanner) as well as Will Reyna, and others. We will reload garenteed!

10ForTheWin
12-25-2016, 02:16 AM

It's been several years! Do y'all remember what beating Navarro feels like or... ;)

Tejastrue
12-25-2016, 11:45 PM
Like it was yesterday. Now, we've given y'all enough opportunities to get this thing done and it just hasn't happened. Time to give us another crack at it. Let's see...2005, 2011..hmmm...I see a pattern developing here. :thinking:

SaltySixes
12-26-2016, 12:52 AM
Like it was yesterday. Now, we've given y'all enough opportunities to get this thing done and it just hasn't happened. Time to give us another crack at it. Let's see...2005, 2011..hmmm...I see a pattern developing here. :thinking:

Hmmm well theres noone named Dennis Smith or Brennen Blakemore or Brady Lambert so.... not happening!

Tejastrue
12-26-2016, 04:29 PM
https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Me16aa69df12520182e50668d1196cba3o2&pid=15.1&P=0&w=276&h=155

SintonFan_inAustin
12-26-2016, 05:17 PM
Here's 3 senior wide receivers for next season for Sinton that should see more action at that position: some hudl video if you're bored and want to see some football players highlights

Andrew McGowan
http://www.hudl.com/v/17Dmqx
Daryl French
http://www.hudl.com/v/17DGGq
Tristan Canales
http://www.hudl.com/v/17DcrT

Phantom Stang
12-26-2016, 07:33 PM
At the top of my list is Cuero. I've been interested in seeing how the Gobblers are doing, ever since reading an article about them during their winning streak of the early Seventies.

10ForTheWin
12-27-2016, 12:49 AM
https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Me16aa69df12520182e50668d1196cba3o2&pid=15.1&P=0&w=276&h=155

Still waiting for the explanation;)

Twirling Time
12-27-2016, 01:29 AM
As a Celina fan, I'd love to face Brownwood, Stephenville, Abilene Wylie, Wimberley, Cuero, Giddings, Sinton, Tatum and probably Atlanta, and I also wouldn't mind playing some more local big schools like Sherman and Denison, as well as maybe getting a rivalry going again with Prosper.

I'd also love to pour some gasoline on that old Pilot Point flame and get that series going again, just because it's the rivalry I grew up with and played in, etc. And I'd like to get something with Daingerfield back up again so that we can finally, finally get that monkey off our back and exorcise some ghosts of 2002.

And, last but not least, I wouldn't mind a rubber match with Liberty Hill, since we're 1-1 against each other, with one of those the epic 2006 title game, and the other the 2008 state semifinals.

I'm sure there are others that I've just forgotten about. But that's a pretty good wish list for me.
I wouldn't be surprised if Celina and Denison play in the future. The coaches like each other and Denison already plays teams like Argyle and Abilene Wylie. Sherman will absolutely not play Celina until they have to.

I think the ship has sailed on Prosper, Pilot Point and Daingerfield, all for the same reason: changing enrollments. Prosper will be 6A next time and not by a little bit. PP just hasn't gotten the growth and falls farther behind every year, and they've missed the playoffs the last two years.

Weebe
12-27-2016, 01:48 AM
Until proven otherwise, no one cares who wins D2 Region IV.

d0tc0m
12-27-2016, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Celina and Denison play in the future. The coaches like each other and Denison already plays teams like Argyle and Abilene Wylie. Sherman will absolutely not play Celina until they have to.

I think the ship has sailed on Prosper, Pilot Point and Daingerfield, all for the same reason: changing enrollments. Prosper will be 6A next time and not by a little bit. PP just hasn't gotten the growth and falls farther behind every year, and they've missed the playoffs the last two years.

Celina and Denison would be a good matchup most years, probably. Celina and Sherman ... meh.

Oh, I know the ship has sailed on Pilot Point and Daingerfield. But we're talking dream matchups, so ... I'm dreaming. Pilot Point is in a location that leads me to believe they're safe from the growth for a long while. Prosper would dominate a rivalry matchup with the Bobcats right now, based on numbers alone. They're simply massive compared to us right now. It's going to be several years down the road, but eventually, Celina and Prosper will likely be playing in the same district again. I hate that, because I don't ever want to see Celina get that big. Unfortunately, the juggernaut that is the DFW keeps moving north and nobody seems to be able to figure out how to stop it. And too many non-native Texans keep moving into the area.

SaltySixes
12-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Until proven otherwise, no one cares who wins D2 Region IV.

.... but REALLY no one cares about El Campo!

lostaussie
12-27-2016, 12:00 PM
El Campo should play Navarro. It could be the Rodney Daingerfield Bowl:D

44INAROW
12-27-2016, 12:23 PM
El Campo should play Navarro. It could be the Rodney Daingerfield Bowl:D

OMG :fnypost:

Snotbubbles
12-27-2016, 12:35 PM
At the top of my list is Cuero. I've been interested in seeing how the Gobblers are doing, ever since reading an article about them during their winning streak of the early Seventies.

Maybe after TR stops playing KIPP? :stirpot:

44INAROW
12-27-2016, 03:28 PM
Maybe after TR stops playing KIPP? :stirpot:

now Snotty - we hashed and rehashed this subject in Sept.... We had no choice - Wharton was on our preseason schedule and once the UIL in all their wisdom put Wharton in Reg IV and our district, we had to find another school in a hurry - KIPP answered the call... I recall the STate Champs played KIPP as well - let's give them some grief too :)

Tejastrue
12-27-2016, 06:16 PM
Still waiting for the explanation;)

It is illogical to suggest we could suit up (22/23 year old young men) from 2011. There were no names mentioned that played in 2005. Again, illogical.

SaltySixes
12-27-2016, 07:08 PM
It is illogical to suggest we could suit up (22/23 year old young men) from 2011. There were no names mentioned that played in 2005. Again, illogical.

Lol obviously ment that dont have anyone like those guys!

Twirling Time
12-27-2016, 08:06 PM
Celina and Denison would be a good matchup most years, probably. Celina and Sherman ... meh.

Oh, I know the ship has sailed on Pilot Point and Daingerfield. But we're talking dream matchups, so ... I'm dreaming. Pilot Point is in a location that leads me to believe they're safe from the growth for a long while. Prosper would dominate a rivalry matchup with the Bobcats right now, based on numbers alone. They're simply massive compared to us right now. It's going to be several years down the road, but eventually, Celina and Prosper will likely be playing in the same district again. I hate that, because I don't ever want to see Celina get that big. Unfortunately, the juggernaut that is the DFW keeps moving north and nobody seems to be able to figure out how to stop it. And too many non-native Texans keep moving into the area.

That might happen sooner than you think. Prosper will split into two high schools by 2020 and both will eventually be 5A. Sounds like development will start hitting the rest of Celina that isn't in Prosper ISD in the next couple of years and things will really take off. But, if Celina keeps adding 10% every alignment like they have been and the cutoff keeps going up, Celina won't be 5A until 2026 at the earliest. Probably 2028.

(A bunch of other North Texas 4As will be in the same boat. Princeton will be 5A next time, Anna isn't far behind, and Argyle, Melissa and Aubrey should all be 5A in the next decade.)

WOS87
12-27-2016, 08:09 PM
now Snotty - we hashed and rehashed this subject in Sept.... We had no choice - Wharton was on our preseason schedule and once the UIL in all their wisdom put Wharton in Reg IV and our district, we had to find another school in a hurry - KIPP answered the call... I recall the STate Champs played KIPP as well - let's give them some grief too :)

WOS literally had over two dozen "Hell NO!"s. Kennedale and KIPP were the only ones with the gumption to say yes. It wasn't for lack of trying on our part.

44INAROW
12-27-2016, 08:35 PM
WOS literally had over two dozen "Hell NO!"s. Kennedale and KIPP were the only ones with the gumption to say yes. It wasn't for lack of trying on our part.

I say KIPP's coach gets a big atta boy for accepting the challenge

toddg
12-27-2016, 10:15 PM
WOS literally had over two dozen "Hell NO!"s. Kennedale and KIPP were the only ones with the gumption to say yes. It wasn't for lack of trying on our part.didnt call Alvarado, we ended up in Jacksonville week 5..week 5 Alvarado was better than week 5 Kennedale.

WOS87
12-27-2016, 10:39 PM
I'm pretty sure week 5 WOS was better than week 5 Alvarado. But then we'll never know. We had Kennedale 38-0 before the subs went in. How'd your game go? :)

All kidding aside you will see that I have Alvarado on my wishlist in the initial post of this thread.

toddg
12-27-2016, 11:23 PM
I'm pretty sure week 5 WOS was better than week 5 Alvarado. But then we'll never know. We had Kennedale 38-0 before the subs went in. How'd your game go? :)

All kidding aside you will see that I have Alvarado on my wishlist in the initial post of this thread.maybe so.. but, we wouldn't have been down 38-0 at any point. we soundly beat Jacksonville in week 5..our game against Kennedale 2weeks prior was typical rival game with them, we won 21-14, they scored 1 td with 2pt conversion, and 2 FGs

toddg
12-27-2016, 11:30 PM
All kidding aside you will see that I have Alvarado on my wishlist in the initial post of this thread.
Win or lose, would love a game with WOS, bet coach Dixon would too.. A definite challenge is always best in non district

Tejastrue
12-28-2016, 06:18 PM
Lol obviously ment that dont have anyone like those guys!

Apparently those kind of guys pass through Wimberley more often than Geronimo. Stay tuned....

10ForTheWin
12-28-2016, 06:59 PM
That could be a fun game to watch tho, substitute the water for beer, get some washed up singer to play at halftime. Sounds like a money maker to me lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

10ForTheWin
12-28-2016, 07:00 PM
Apparently those kind of guys pass through Wimberley more often than Geronimo. Stay tuned....
Not in recent years...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Tejastrue
12-28-2016, 10:31 PM
I can promise you this....the tide... she is a turning the other direction.

SaltySixes
12-29-2016, 11:34 AM
I can promise you this....the tide... she is a turning the other direction.

We will see Tejas, we will see! I think we have 1 or maybe 2 more wins against the Texans before anything starts to shift! Imo

ECBirdFan
01-09-2017, 02:48 PM
I would like to see EC play WOS, Argyle, and Gilmer. Not too sure how many of those we could pull off. But definitely Dream Match ups.

I also would like us to play in the Rig. I have always wanted to go to a game there.

Dawgs
01-09-2017, 06:29 PM
I would like to see EC play WOS, Argyle, and Gilmer. Not too sure how many of those we could pull off. But definitely Dream Match ups.

I also would like us to play in the Rig. I have always wanted to go to a game there.

EC would matchup good with Gilmer. Gilmer always struggles with teams like EC and Kilgore. EC Argyle would be a heck of a game most seasons. 2 physical teams. I don't know about WOS and EC. That would be EC biggest test. WOS is a lot like Carthage except they usually have a better D. But they can beat you a lot of different ways most years.

SHSBulldog00
01-10-2017, 01:15 PM
In no particular order

Abilene Wylie
Stephenville
WOS
Gilmer
Argyle
Carthage
Daingerfield (tired of hearing about 83)
Refugio

Dawgs
01-10-2017, 01:55 PM
Dream opponents for Carthage in 2017 are El Campo and La Vega. I am pretty sure these are the only 2 teams that have a winning record against Carthage in the Surratt era. Would love to see Carthage get a little revenge. Especially against La Vega. (Edit: now that I think about it Hallsville has a winning record against Carthage in the Surratt era. They are 2-0. Beat us 1st game of the season in 14' and 15').

Another dream opponents for the Dawgs is Ville. I think that is just about the only top name program in 4a that we haven't played. Only problem is it's going to have to be a state championship game to happen.

Some other dream games I would have loved to seen that didn't happen:
- Carthage vs Gilmer 2009
- Carthage vs Ville 2012
- Carthage vs Fairfield 2013
- Carthage vs WOS 2016