PDA

View Full Version : watch out for Wills Point

WillsPointgradTJC
08-10-2002, 09:59 PM
I think you might see the team that has built momentum every year break out this year, they have a very good defense and an offence led by either Jake who impressed everyone last year or this Wright kid who was QB for Tyler-John Tyler last year, should be interesting to see who wins that spot. They are going to win district in a walk and have lots of momentum going into the playoffs so don’t count the old tigers out!

Jacket2000
08-10-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by WillsPointgradTJC:
I think you might see the team that has built momentum every year break out this year, they have a very good defense and an offence led by either Jake who impressed everyone last year or this Wright kid who was QB for Tyler-John Tyler last year, should be interesting to see who wins that spot. They are going to win district in a walk and have lots of momentum going into the playoffs so don’t count the old tigers out!
If they werent going to catch Forney in the first round, Id probably agree with ya. But I dont see'em beating Forney.
J2K

WillsPointgradTJC
08-10-2002, 11:28 PM
remember you are talking about a team that was beating commerce going into the playoffs two years in a row and the Forney team of this year will not even come close to being as good as those two teams. Be carefull hypeing Forney they might just be a bust this year!

Matthew328
08-10-2002, 11:58 PM
I agree Wills Point is a team to watch and that potential round 1 matchup against Forney will be a dandy...(I know it is early but barring a miracle this matchup will happen!) But don't count Forney out! They will be very very good....they were far from a one man show this year...and they had a great defense...

eye of the tiger
08-11-2002, 12:45 AM
I think Wills Point will have a good team, but like others Im not ready to count out Forney this year. I also dont understand what you mean Wills Point beating Commerce two years in a row. What years are you talking about. Anyhow good luck this year to your Tigers(great mascot by the way)

WillsPointgradTJC
08-12-2002, 11:51 AM
sorry typo, going into the 4th. I should look at my post before sending http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

eye of the tiger
08-12-2002, 04:47 PM
WillsPointgrad those were good football games between WP and Commerce. Could have gone either way. What do you expect from TIGERS though. LOL. Good luck this year.

wpgrad
08-20-2002, 04:12 PM
Wright played at tyler lee and he split time with their present starting QB. I think the starter will be Jake McDougle, he threw for 1750 yds, 20 tds, and 3 int. He has 2 of his best receivers back and Wright is supposed to be a pretty good receiver. They have alot of starters returning. I think they are very underestimated and will surprise many people. They are solid everywhere except for running back but McDougle runs a 4.51 40 yd. dash so that spot will not hurt them that bad. Also the last 3 yrs. Wills Point has played very tough teams in the first round. Aledo (defending state champs and semifinalist '99) Commerce (semifinalist '00) and Commerce (state champs). They ought to go deep into the playoffs.

doordie
08-22-2002, 10:57 AM
beware of the rabbit